Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 01:41 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So because some women have chosen partners poorly and/or have low self worth and self respect, all women everywhere should be allowed to kill their babies. That's the argument?

For argument's sake: I will allow abortions for victims of rape and incest. Absolutely all the abortions they want. That's off the table we are in complete agreement ...

So then you agree that the other 98.5% of abortions are wrong?

Or is the rape/incest argument your way of *pretending* you think abortion is only necessary for one circumstance ... but you don't really mean it, wink wink, and still think all abortions are good?
I will go so far as to say that NO abortions are good, but that aiming to prevent late-term elective abortions, which are fortunately rare, is not a good enough reason to prevent all women from deciding their own fate and that of anything which is inside their own body.

I cannot know what it is like to walk in another person's shoes, and I don't to judge people when their concerns are Not My Business.

BTW, you just put words in my mouth just as you have done with several other posters interacting with you.
It would seem to be frustrating not to understand how to interpret other people's words accurately.

Can you explain why it is that you believe that your opinion is the one that all women must abide by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 01:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Let’s turn that around...it’s bad to abort if you had consensual sex or enjoyed it or your birth control failed? Letting one woman abort due to circumstances and not another is about punishment for the women who were not victims of crime. This idea of who gets to have an approved abortion is more about a hung up strange way of looking at sex then it is about any “baby”
Right. So the argument .... but RAPE ..... but INCEST ....

Is a false one. No one cares about limiting abortion.

You've proved my point. Thanks.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I will go so far as to say that NO abortions are good, but that aiming to prevent late-term elective abortions, which are fortunately rare, is not a good enough reason to prevent all women from deciding their own fate and that of anything which is inside their own body.

I cannot know what it is like to walk in another person's shoes, and I don't to judge people when their concerns are Not My Business.

BTW, you just put words in my mouth just as you have done with several other posters interacting with you.
It would seem to be frustrating not to understand how to interpret other people's words accurately.

Can you explain why it is that you believe that your opinion is the one that all women must abide by?
Killing someone because you feel like it is wrong.

I've written it 50 times, and I still get asked so I'll write it again:

Killing someone because you feel like it ... is WRONG.

And no one has to listen to me. People do s---ty things all day long. People kill each other every day. Doesn't mean it's right.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:

And no one has to listen to me. People do s---ty things all day long. People kill each other every day. Doesn't mean it's right.
And again it goes back to the definition of "someone." There is wide and long-standing disagreement on this definition. Why do you believe that your definition must be the legal one?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:

So passing a law banning all abortion won't make it go away. Banning abortion means abortion gone out of control, because the government can't regulate something that is not supposed to exist according to law. Now why would a sensible person want abortion out of all control?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
And again it goes back to the definition of "someone." There is wide and long-standing disagreement on this definition. Why do you believe that your definition must be the legal one?
I'm not talking about legal or religious. So if law said you could kill 2 people a month with your car, you'd say hey WHAT A GREAT LAW!!! I really like it! Killing people becasue I feel like it is so cool that even the govt says it's OK.

Or would you say: I don't want to kill anyone and I don't think other people should either. Because it's WRONG.

I'm talking about doing what is RIGHT.

People have lost their ability to what is right and what is wrong because they are so dependent on authority to TELL them what to believe. Think for yourself. Know what is right and wrong ... because it is right or wrong, not because someone is telling you.

And killing someone because you feel like it is WRONG.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:09 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
I am saying and have been saying and will continue to say: Men should wear condoms.

So why don't women believe that? Why are WOMEN having sex with men who wont wear condoms?

And quite frankly, I haven't known any men who had an issue with it, and have known a number of men who have vasectomies, both married and single. So not sure where all these condomless men are running about and the idiot women who have sex with them are.

Because any women not on BC who has sex without a condom? Is an idiot. That's a fact.

And 50% of abortions are because NO BC was used. At all. 1.5%? rape and incest.
Again you’re confused. Just because you don’t know any Men who’ve had an issue using birth control does not mean there aren’t thousands and thousands of young men and adult men who care nothing about their own control of their sperm. That is a fact. To turn a blind eye to that is idiocy. One huge part of the unwanted pregnancy equation.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:13 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Right. So the argument .... but RAPE ..... but INCEST ....

Is a false one. No one cares about limiting abortion.

You've proved my point. Thanks.
You’ve proved mine if you’re ok with one type of abortion and not another based on subjective personal morality.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Again you’re confused. Just because you don’t know any Men who’ve had an issue using birth control does not mean there aren’t thousands and thousands of young men and adult men who care nothing about their own control of their sperm. That is a fact. To turn a blind eye to that is idiocy. One huge part of the unwanted pregnancy equation.
What I see? A lot of women who have the ability to say: Wear a condom or I won't have sex with you ... are not saying that.

Quite frankly, again: Any woman who is not on BC and willingly has sex with a man who refuses to wear a condom is AN IDIOT.

You apparently still want to blame men. So keep the blame 1-sided. See where it gets you. Arguing in a circle.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about legal or religious. So if law said you could kill 2 people a month with your car, you'd say hey WHAT A GREAT LAW!!! I really like it! Killing people becasue I feel like it is so cool that even the govt says it's OK.

Or would you say: I don't want to kill anyone and I don't think other people should either. Because it's WRONG.

I'm talking about doing what is RIGHT.

People have lost their ability to what is right and what is wrong because they are so dependent on authority to TELL them what to believe. Think for yourself. Know what is right and wrong ... because it is right or wrong, not because someone is telling you.

And killing someone because you feel like it is WRONG.
We are talking about the law. And the law requires legal definitions. Where you and I disagree begins with the definition of people.

And when you go off with this, your hyperbole weakens your arguments overall.

Once you concede that rape and incest are by definition non-consensual sex and you allow for abortion under those circumstances, you must next concede that a non-interference policy is the only one that applies the law fairly as whether or not a woman reports those actions to a third party is her business and not anyone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies