U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,852,013 times
Reputation: 4219

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What you just said is utter nonsense. It equivocates voting conservative as being oppressive while voting liberal is not being oppressive. BOTH sides seek to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society. Their values... their will, beliefs, morality and dictates may be of differing flavors, yet they are still statist demands placed upon society when those demands prohibit action or compel action upon an individual who by their action or inaction has not encroached upon another person's rights or property.

Furthermore, you repeatedly categorize conservatives, especially with regard to speaking about blacks, as if all or even most do the nonsense you claim.

I am a converted conservative who is now a Libertarian. I still hold many conservative values near and dear to my heart BUT what I do NOT do is use my vote in an attempt to compel MY will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society. I've posted several times on CD that I believe a person's will beliefs and morality is something they should impose only upon themselves UNLESS the action or inaction they are trying to prohibit is being done because that action or inaction would encroach upon the rights or property of another.

Morality, one's deeply held belief, is a great thing to have... as long as the person who has that morality only seeks to impose that value, that personal belief and choice, upon themselves.

You are making a pathetic attempt to sound as if your position is from a moral high ground, which is nothing but subjective nonsense. Most liberal positions as well as most conservative positions are merely subjective statist demands they seek to impose upon everyone else. There is NO moral high ground. There cannot be a moral position unless it is based upon the encroachment upon the rights or property of another because morality is subjective. PERIOD.

I never said anything different. I am not creating a distinction with a difference in regards to what a vote means for each party.....rather....I am making a distinction with a difference in regards one side acting like they don't see themselves as victims. I assure you....If democrats took over the Presidency, the house and Senate, for 8 years, you would conservatives will see yourselves as being victims of liberal policies. I don't need to say that same about democrats....to balance it out, due to the democats not hiding the fact that they can be victims of conservative policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 7 days ago)
 
18,789 posts, read 12,116,788 times
Reputation: 10230
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What you just said is utter nonsense. It equivocates voting conservative as being oppressive while voting liberal is not being oppressive. BOTH sides seek to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society. Their values... their will, beliefs, morality and dictates may be of differing flavors, yet they are still statist demands placed upon society when those demands prohibit action or compel action upon an individual who by their action or inaction has not encroached upon another person's rights or property.

Furthermore, you repeatedly categorize conservatives, especially with regard to speaking about blacks, as if all or even most do the nonsense you claim.

I am a converted conservative who is now a Libertarian. I still hold many conservative values near and dear to my heart BUT what I do NOT do is use my vote in an attempt to compel MY will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society. I've posted several times on CD that I believe a person's will beliefs and morality is something they should impose only upon themselves UNLESS the action or inaction they are trying to prohibit is being done because that action or inaction would encroach upon the rights or property of another.

Morality, one's deeply held belief, is a great thing to have... as long as the person who has that morality only seeks to impose that value, that personal belief and choice, upon themselves.

You are making a pathetic attempt to sound as if your position is from a moral high ground, which is nothing but subjective nonsense. Most liberal positions as well as most conservative positions are merely subjective statist demands they seek to impose upon everyone else. There is NO moral high ground. There cannot be a moral position unless it is based upon the encroachment upon the rights or property of another because morality is subjective. PERIOD.


Ah................ but you are wishing to impose the "choice" of reparations on others to deny them the personal benefit of the wages they have earned for your personal gain and pleasure.


Through "reparations" you would be robbing someone else's labor and the products of their labor and doing exactly to others what your ancestors (and not you) experienced 150 years ago. What you want is economic slaves for your pleasure and gain.


No one wants to work for someone else. Try earning your own money instead of scheming and dreaming of stealing other people's money. Your "demands" of payments from the government comes ultimately from the people, who choose not to be your slave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 AM
Status: "i only think with my feels" (set 27 days ago)
 
638 posts, read 113,638 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
1. ) You don't get to define what is "wallowing in it", especially when whites are extra sensitive of their history of racial oppression . Blacks don't wallow in it....they use there history to EXPLAIN today....then you call that the victim mentality. Our history is only used to EXPLAIN...ergo, cause and effect. Conservatives don't like that truth because they want to propagate the idea that people are poor and ill behaved, mostly, due to internal individual flaws....and not some outside boogeyman.



2.) Now you are saying blacks are dumb. Why would we vote for our oppression? Only the dumb would do that.
You ask a lot of questions in your posts and then don't like it when you get an answer you don't like. Why ask the question then?

I didn't say blacks are dumb, you did. Do you think democrats have the black man's best interest in mind? Or are they buying your vote with short term promises?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,048 posts, read 9,375,156 times
Reputation: 18016
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Sort of like calling a middle aged white man racists for just being white huh?
Who does that? Specific examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Planet earth
3,277 posts, read 1,301,767 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
1. ) You don't get to define what is "wallowing in it", especially when whites are extra sensitive of their history of racial oppression . Blacks don't wallow in it....they use there history to EXPLAIN today....then you call that the victim mentality. Our history is only used to EXPLAIN...ergo, cause and effect. Conservatives don't like that truth because they want to propagate the idea that people are poor and ill behaved, mostly, due to internal individual flaws....and not some outside boogeyman.

2.) Now you are saying blacks are dumb. Why would we vote for our oppression? Only the dumb would do that.

I could cite EXCUSE after EXCUSE, cop out after cop out, for why I CAN'T do something. Lord knows I had a very tough circumstance handed to me. I could have been a drunk or drug addict. I could have gone to prison for a long time. I could have had continuous failure after failure (and I DID fail a few times) and I could sit here and act like a victim, BLAMING my current circumstance on my past OR... I could, and did learn from those imperfect bumps in the road that was my life, learning to avoid those bumps and other obstacles, improving my chances at opportunity.

We can all sit back and make all the excuses we want about why we can't or couldn't OR we can act like grown ups and realize that each of us, individually, has to make choices and has to face the consequences or benefits and opportunities created by those choices. No other person controls our individual fate. If someone is trying to do so, all a person has to do is choose to avoid that person and move on, creating and navigating their own path to success.

I CANNOT and will not do it for you. YOU, and you alone, must choose to earn it by YOUR choices and actions. This can be said of each and every individual out there.

I've seen and met absolutely amazing people living successful and rewarding lives. People, who due to their horrific circumstance, could have let themselves be victims but chose to rise above that nonsense. A man who had been a farm kid, that while in the military couldn't read the manuals as a mechanic, so the military taught him how to read so he could do his work, then encouraged him to get his GED. He went on to higher and higher education, earning his doctorate, along with multiple other degrees... then he became an astronaut. That man is Story Musgrave.

I have met two quadriplegics, one who was blind that makes pottery and drives his old pickup down a 1/2 mile driveway, using his covered stump sliding back and forth between the gravel and grass to guide him as he drives to get his mail. Another who is a motivational speaker even though he has no hands or feet. I met another man who had a tractor turn over on him and he is also a motivational speaker. A man who is very physically limited due to his circumstance.

Was the late Stephen Hawking, the well know theoretical quantum physicist, a victim because he was a quadriplegic, bound to a motorized wheelchair or did he bring value to society by what he COULD do rather than what he couldn't do?

What makes a person a victim if not their own choices?

Last edited by KS_Referee; 04-15-2019 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 AM
 
13,067 posts, read 4,440,710 times
Reputation: 6370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....you can't know that of people you don't know. When conservative talk about blacks in general....and having a victim mentality....they don't know a thing about the life of each black individual, what was their particular circumstance, etc. What you are saying is even worse then.....because you are labeling people as bad choice makers and such without even seeing or knowing their personal history. That is called "stereotyping".
Taking one look at someone who has tattoos on their face and neck, refuses to speak properly, has their pants hanging off their ass and quit school to join a gang you instantly can tell it's bad choices without even knowing their personal story. No stereotyping even needs to be involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,852,013 times
Reputation: 4219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
You ask a lot of questions in your posts and then don't like it when you get an answer you don't like. Why ask the question then?

I didn't say blacks are dumb, you did. Do you think democrats have the black man's best interest in mind? Or are they buying your vote with short term promises?

Well....it's not like I have the expectation that I am preaching to the choir. Seriously, do you think I post and ask question on this forum....expecting to get answers back that I "like"? Who does that? I don't like or dislike answers....I am just concerned whether they are logical and or truthful. If I disagree, its not that I like or dislike your answer, but rather, whether I find it logical and truthful.


If you imply that blacks are choosing to be victims by voting for a party that is victimizing them....then blacks are either too dumb to realize they are being victimized by the worst of two evils, if you will, or....they are masochistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Planet earth
3,277 posts, read 1,301,767 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ah................ but you are wishing to impose the "choice" of reparations on others to deny them the personal benefit of the wages they have earned for your personal gain and pleasure.


Through "reparations" you would be robbing someone else's labor and the products of their labor and doing exactly to others what your ancestors (and not you) experienced 150 years ago. What you want is economic slaves for your pleasure and gain.


No one wants to work for someone else. Try earning your own money instead of scheming and dreaming of stealing other people's money. Your "demands" of payments from the government comes ultimately from the people, who choose not to be your slave.

You. Sir... my good friend, with whom I agree on so much, must have accidentally clicked quote on my post rather than the person's post you meant to click it upon because I have no idea how you managed to get what you wrote from my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 11:05 AM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
13,452 posts, read 8,472,056 times
Reputation: 19551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
..If you imply that blacks are choosing to be victims by voting for a party that is victimizing them....then blacks are either too dumb to realize they are being victimized by the worst of two evils, if you will, or....they are masochistic.
Which one do you think it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 7 days ago)
 
18,789 posts, read 12,116,788 times
Reputation: 10230
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
You. Sir... my good friend, with whom I agree on so much, must have accidentally clicked quote on my post rather than the person's post you meant to click it upon because I have no idea how you managed to get what you wrote from my post.


Yep- sorry- I did in fact do that. My goof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top