U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 12:46 PM

8,347 posts, read 1,914,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
This is why I like Dave Champion and all the work he did to write the book, "Income Tax - Shattering The Myth". Check it out. You may like it and if you don't, no one is compelling you to either buy the book or to believe what is in it.
Income Tax - Shattering the Myths

Happy THEFT DAY to everyone out there!
That book is fantastic.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
....and if it were, you'd be paying a LOT more for every mile you drive, and you'd only be able to drive places where it was economically advantageous to build a road.
You obviously don't know how the free market works.

Quote:
*Looks at this discussion, and is STILL baffled at how gullible the right-fringe is, to ONLY focus on the negatives of Gov't, without realizing how much better off we all are.
Who's "right-fringe?" It certainly isn't me.

Quote:
^Wasn't it you (or another poster with your same views?) who said something about how the Democratic party has set us back 100 years? Yeah, it sounds good, but think about how IGNORANT that statement really is. Compare us to 1919, and tell me about how much more advanced and productive we were as a society then, versus now. Tell me about how we could feed 8 billion people on earth with 1919 farming technology. Tell me about how we could get food to market on the roads then (or the private roads you advocate for now) and still keep prices as low as they are.
I don't believe in political parties, so it wasn't I who said that.

The free market is the REASON why the poverty rate is minuscule compared to 100 years ago--not governments.

Quote:
There is a LOT of bad with Gov't, and a lot of waste, and corruption, but my goodness, you Kool-aid drinkers are the biggest threat to life as we know it. And no, that is NOT an exageration.
ALL government is evil.

In the 20th century alone governments murdered over 200 million people.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
It appears I've given you too many likes, so I'll just voice my approval of this post.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Trump should put an end to taxation, shouldn't he? Why hasn't he worked toward this?
Because Trump isn't what he appears to be.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:08 PM

6,990 posts, read 4,956,561 times
Quote:
I don't recall the government improving farming technology by passing a law or regulation. I don't recall the government improving farming technology by taxing everyone in order to produce better farming technology period. You cannot simply rewrite history to suit your brainwashed recollection, a fantasy which never occurred, and call that history.
I never claimed they did. I DO recall many people saying how Gov't regulations have set us back 100 years (I quoted that exact figure last week). I never said Government has saved the world, or done anything for that matter, I said that NOBODY, Government or otherwise has set us back 100 years. If they had, we'd be at 1919 standards, and we are not.

Nice attempt to twist my words, but that's not what I said.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:17 PM

34,360 posts, read 41,436,735 times
Those taxes you so despise are what goes into supporting the infrastructure of your country,such as police/fire/military/roads/schools etc ,The only way to get out from under the tax thumb of the IRS and enjoy living free of income taxes is for an individual to renounce his U.S. citizenship and become a citizen or legal resident of a country with no income tax.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Those taxes you so despise are what goes into supporting the infrastructure of your country,such as police/fire/military/roads/schools etc ,The only way to get out from under the tax thumb of the IRS and enjoy living free of income taxes is for an individual to renounce his U.S. citizenship and become a citizen or legal resident of a country with no income tax.
"Muh roads!"

Statist bingo in one post.

-Private security > trigger-happy cops
-75% of all firefighters are volunteer. Plus private firefighting is a growing industry.
-Roads should be privately-owned. And income taxes don't pay for roads.
-Government schools should be abolished. And income taxes don't pay for schools.

Notice how you don't mention things like a worldwide military empire, funding the Yemen genocide, and enabling a domestic police state (Homeland Security, TSA, NSA, etc.).

It costs $2500 to renounce, which is far and away the highest exit fee in the world. Why should it cost $2500 to renounce?

Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 PM

6,775 posts, read 3,402,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
As another April 15th is upon us, let's all pay tribute to the money that was stolen from us by imagining what we could do with it if we were still in possession of it.

Personally I would use it to finish my basement renovation into a man-cave; instead I had to take out a home improvement loan for it. I could also use it for a nice couple weeks of fishing and camping around Alaska this summer.

What say, C-D posters? What would you do with the money the IRS and your respective states (if applicable) stole from you?
Happy Rent Day*

Old 04-15-2019, 02:56 PM

23,910 posts, read 11,907,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
As another April 15th is upon us, let's all pay tribute to the money that was stolen from us by imagining what we could do with it if we were still in possession of it.

Personally I would use it to finish my basement renovation into a man-cave; instead I had to take out a home improvement loan for it. I could also use it for a nice couple weeks of fishing and camping around Alaska this summer.

What say, C-D posters? What would you do with the money the IRS and your respective states (if applicable) stole from you?
Got all mine back. Viva tax credits!!!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 PM

32,952 posts, read 13,911,625 times
Where do these people reside who feel they don't need to pay taxes, do they not use any services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies