U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 PM

8,348 posts, read 1,874,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where do these people reside who feel they don't need to pay taxes, do they not use any services.
Why not give people the option of only paying for the services which they use, and why not open up market competition for government services?

Old 04-15-2019, 03:11 PM

3,266 posts, read 1,293,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I never claimed they did. I DO recall many people saying how Gov't regulations have set us back 100 years (I quoted that exact figure last week). I never said Government has saved the world, or done anything for that matter, I said that NOBODY, Government or otherwise has set us back 100 years. If they had, we'd be at 1919 standards, and we are not.

Nice attempt to twist my words, but that's not what I said.

While technically, what you posted is true, given the totality of your post that I quoted, you certainly implied that had it not been for intervention in the free market by government, we wouldn't be enjoying the successes, including the low prices on food that we enjoy today. I would argue that had government not interfered with the market, our food prices would likely be lower than they are today. Had government not continually interfered, our agriculture equipment would have been cheaper and likely had changes and enhancements driven by the market more in ways which would have been beneficial rather than what has happened via government intervention.

The simple truth is, with very few exceptions, mostly as are outlined via enumeration in the respective Constitutions and even some of those need not be there, government is not the solution, rather government is the problem.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM

4,618 posts, read 1,129,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Mic drop.

No more needs to be said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Mic drop.

Nothing more needs to be said.
Is this the post on the memo? Left trying to silence free speech. It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Those taxes you so despise are what goes into supporting the infrastructure of your country,such as police/fire/military/roads/schools etc ,The only way to get out from under the tax thumb of the IRS and enjoy living free of income taxes is for an individual to renounce his U.S. citizenship and become a citizen or legal resident of a country with no income tax.
Ha. You should see the shi$ roads we have in Illinois...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Is this the post on the memo? Left trying to silence free speech. It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
You think I'm on the left?

Who do you think started this thread?

13,419 posts, read 5,420,949 times
There’s always Somalia. No government or taxes there.

There are, of course, tributes that must be paid to local warlords to avoid being killed/raped...

Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM

I would buy a bigger house. Property values are plummeting here due to the existing high taxes and the new ones that are coming soon. No one wants to buy because of it.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You think I'm on the left?

Who do you think started this thread?
Well, I did find it confusing that you posted that after starting the thread. Why did you say no more needs to be said?

Old 04-15-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There’s always Somalia. No government or taxes there.

There are, of course, tributes that must be paid to local warlords to avoid being killed/raped...
Somalia!
Warlords!

Congrats--you got two bingo squares.

Statist reply dice

Oh--Somalia has multiple governments, a President, and a 10% national sales tax.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM

1,529 posts, read 532,012 times
Quote:
As another April 15th is upon us, let's all pay tribute to the money that was stolen from us by imagining what we could do with it if we were still in possession of it.

Personally I would use it to finish my basement renovation into a man-cave; instead I had to take out a home improvement loan for it. I could also use it for a nice couple weeks of fishing and camping around Alaska this summer.

What say, C-D posters? What would you do with the money the IRS and your respective states (if applicable) stole from you?
I thought that maybe it was just me. I feel a deep funk for about a week when I think that the govt has shafted me yet again while those Lady Liberty dancers are parading in front of the tax processors who cater to the sloths who breed lots of kids. They get to enjoy govt money that I paid through so many hours of work and endless office politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies