U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,347 posts, read 1,919,600 times
Reputation: 1662

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Major road repairs, replacements and new roads are handled by the private sector, paid for by the Fed, state, county and municipalities.
Oh, they are. But they're funded through theft.

Why not just have private companies own the roads and let people pay user fees?

 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:27 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,846 posts, read 9,671,662 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
There are no corporations under anarchy. Corporations are a statist creation. Own it.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:28 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,846 posts, read 9,671,662 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Oh, they are. But they're funded through theft.

Why not just have private companies own the roads and let people pay user fees?
Because that eliminates backroom deals on contracts for a bunch of statists who don't believe in the free market.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,347 posts, read 1,919,600 times
Reputation: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We will put you in charge of bookkeeping, that should be interesting.
I'd rather hire someone to do it for me.

Quote:
So walk us through your day, do you use roads, airports, grocery stores, sewage & water systems.
I use roads because I am forced to pay for them. But I would prefer to pay user fees to private companies.

I only fly private (it's not expensive) because I don't consent to TSA sexual molestations.

Grocery stores are funded via taxes?

Sewage and water systems should be privately owned as well; in fact, many of them are.

Quote:
I don't know any successfull country that doesn't have taxes, this is the price of civilization.
"Price of civilization."

You got a bingo square.

Statist bingo

I don't want a "successful country;" I want each individual to own themselves.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM
 
24,034 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Reputation: 10218
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
As another April 15th is upon us, let's all pay tribute to the money that was stolen from us by imagining what we could do with it if we were still in possession of it.

Personally I would use it to finish my basement renovation into a man-cave; instead I had to take out a home improvement loan for it. I could also use it for a nice couple weeks of fishing and camping around Alaska this summer.

What say, C-D posters? What would you do with the money the IRS and your respective states (if applicable) stole from you?
Stole? Nope, they gave it back and then some. WOOHOO!!!!!
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,347 posts, read 1,919,600 times
Reputation: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Because that eliminates backroom deals on contracts for a bunch of statists who don't believe in the free market.
Yep. My neighbor is part owner of a construction company and the things that go on behind the scenes are shady AF.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,347 posts, read 1,919,600 times
Reputation: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Stole? Nope, they gave it back and then some. WOOHOO!!!!!
Gave what back? I highly doubt you paid $0 in net taxes. If you did, congrats.

It still doesn't change the fact that all taxation is theft.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 04:54 PM
 
276 posts, read 113,092 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Except it has worked throughout history and it works right now as we speak.

Where is it working? What country around today best adheres to your tax-less society Shangri-La?
 
Old 04-15-2019, 05:05 PM
 
4,946 posts, read 2,972,357 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There are no corporations under anarchy. Corporations are a statist creation. Own it.
Not saying itís perfect. Like itís sh***y in alot of ways. But so is the other end. So corporations are a statist type thing. People will still be at the mercy of rich and powerful entities. I guess no different than now with money in politics.
 
Old 04-15-2019, 05:06 PM
 
1,616 posts, read 412,885 times
Reputation: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Mic drop.

No more needs to be said.
You live in the USA not Fantasy Land. No matter how much you whine here on C-D, the reality is you are going to pay taxes and abide by the law of the land. Nothing you say here, or do in real life changes a thing. Frankly, to think anything else is pathetic. Mic drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top