Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Excise me, but the total number of Jewish lives lost during WW2 due to slaughter was closer to 30 million. Total number of lives lost due to fighting is closer to 30 million. Total number of all lives lost is stratospheric, and somewhere around 75 million, or more, maybe 100 million. Nobody will ever know the exact number, but anybody doing a survey saying only 6 million Jews were murdered is ridiculous, and quite frankly, anybody posting about it is suspect as to their intentions and validity. People should know 6 million is low-balling it, and it's not true.
No there weren't 30 million Jews killed in the Holocaust. I'm not sure if you're joking or what. The total Jewish population in Europe in 1939 was 9.5 million. After WWII, their population was 3.8 million, for a net loss of 5.7 million. There were maybe 2 or 3 hundred thousand Jews who escaped the Holocaust which would put the total number murdered around 5.4 or 5.5 million. If people want to dispute that over 5 million Jews were killed then they need to explain where all those Jews that disappeared went.

The Nazis kept scrupulous records of the Jews they killed and those numbers agree with the historical census figures that I mentioned. There are other studies with their own methodologies used to estimate the number of deaths and they also keep coming up with these numbers, so there's really nothing to debate any more unless you're arguing a few hundred thousand either way. But floating an argument that puts the number at say 1 or 2 million or less with no explanation is in fact Holocaust denial. Reference: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...sh-population/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 12:22 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Sadly, that is not surprising

Being dumb or uninformed is not illegal.
That’s not dumb or uninformed. It’s a malicious (and successful) attempt by progressive liberal educators to whitewash history.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm not questioning that. What I was asking for was an example of how conversation about questioning the numbers is being shut down and by whom. From your response, I guess you just meant it as a figure of speech and not literally. That's fine.
I'm questioning YOU. Why are YOU misquoting me???

Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You just used my quote - regarding the number of Millennials who didn't know about the Holocaust - as an example of people questioning the number of Jews killed during the Holocaust??

What is wrong with you??
I threw together that list together very quickly. If I misquoted you then I apologize.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're bad, very bad.

As your link shows, the original plaque said: "This is the place of martyrdom and death of four million victims murdered in the Nazi genocide, 1940-45." Victims, not Jews. Various plaques at Auschwitz name Poles, Gypsies, homosexuals, Soviet prisoners of war, and others as victims. The lower estimate of victims is mainly due t0 fewer Poles dying there than thought earlier, not fewer Jews.

I can see why you're a fan of Weber and Cole.
Jewish organizations and historians HATE when Jewish deaths are lumped in with other deaths during the holocaust.

Plenty of reading to do on them fighting to have Jewish deaths singled out and never lumped together with non chosen people. Google is your friend.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I threw together that list together very quickly. If I misquoted you then I apologize.
Apology accepted. When you're putting together a list of Holocaust deniers or those questioning numbers, please be more careful.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:33 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not surprising. Ignorance in America is epidemic. It's pretty obvious.

It has nothing to do with the Holocaust--a lot of Americans are ignorant about a wide variety of issues. Ask them some geography questions. Ask them who the VP of the country is.

Americans are elevating ignorance to an art form, aided by fake news on social media.
Good example of the ignorance right there. If you'd bothered to read the pole, the source, the methodology of the questioning, you would find an agenda driven piece of garbage journalism.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Holocaust deniers (or even downplayers) are some of the most stubbornly and fanatically agenda-driven people on this planet. Yes, there've been other genocides in the 20th century alone. But it was not nearly as planned, methodical, and coldly carried out with the specific aim of exterminating a specific type of person. Hell, we accept the actual occurrences of Caesar's Gallic Wars and the Norse colonization of Newfoundland on much more flimsy evidence.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:44 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The old history books lied through their teeth! Tell me one more time about Columbus ! But the kids know about 9-11 and they all know about mr T even the little children.
The new books leave out the atrocities done by our country.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:47 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Jewish organizations and historians HATE when Jewish deaths are lumped in with other deaths during the holocaust.

Plenty of reading to do on them fighting to have Jewish deaths singled out and never lumped together with non chosen people. Google is your friend.

Why?

There were many other groups targeted, including Catholic priests. That is why it is somewhat peculiar that the Pope did not make a strong statement against Nazi Germany, even though the Nazis surrounded the Vatican. They probably would have stormed the Vatican in response, but at least it would have been the right decision.

The Pope thought that the Soviets were worse than the Nazis, thus a choice of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies