U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2019, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,754 posts, read 3,388,914 times
Reputation: 2820

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Have any of these Jewish groups ever inflated those numbers for their own gain?
Looks like we found one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2019, 06:14 PM
 
3,670 posts, read 1,774,904 times
Reputation: 3728
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Looks like we found one...
One what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2019, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
8,096 posts, read 4,690,626 times
Reputation: 2877
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Anne Frank died because she and her family were forcibly abducted and locked away against their will. That's like a kidnapper blaming the cops for the deaths of his prisoner because they caught him and the prisoner starved to death. They should never have been abducted in the first place.
The point I was trying to make is. If the policy of the Germans was to kill every Jew, they would have killed Anne Frank at Auschwitz instead of transporting her to Bergen-Belsen. And if the Germans immediately killed anyone who couldn't work, Anne Frank's father wouldn't have survived the war. Since the very reason he stayed at Auschwitz, was because he was sick.

If the only reason they kept the Jews alive was to produce labor, why did any children survive at all? And why did the Germans spend all the time and resources transporting prisoners to Bergen-Belsen as the Eastern Front collapsed, when Bergen-Belsen wasn't even a labor camp?

https://www.escape2poland.co.uk/pola...hwitz-children


I am not saying that it was Anne Frank's fault that she died. I was trying to point-out that, ironically, had Anne Frank gotten sick at Auschwitz, like her father, she would have survived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:00 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 7 days ago)
 
18,789 posts, read 12,116,788 times
Reputation: 10230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OMG....here's a doctor who's a blatant antisemite, with disdain dripping from every pore. I assume your Jewish patients don't know that you blame the Jews for being murdered by the millions.

I hope your last name doesn't start with H.

And I'm not a liberal.


I wonder if he actually meant it?


The "reason" that the Nazis were rounding up Jews is that they perceived them as enemies of the state and the objectives of Germany. In Mein Kampf, Hitler felt as thought the Jews had betrayed Germany in WW1, resulting in their defeat, and had used the banking industry and finance to support and foster international communism.


In addition, every totalitarian regime needs an "enemy" to rally the population and consolidate their support against the perceived "threat". As well as the Jews, Hitler rallied the population against Communism, which he considered to be driven by Jews.


Due to the Jews being under constant attack by western governments over the balance of human history, do we not owe them ONE place of sanctuary (Israel) in which they will be safe from persecution and genocide?


The Jews have been the scapegoat of western civilization for over 2,000 years. I find it amusing that one would perceive Judaism as an organized, focused threat with some universal, covert plan. Jews, like anyone else, are quite diverse in their thought processes and objectives and do not follow some crazy "master plan".


Why is there continued hostility toward Jews today? It seems to be a "sore" that keeps festering among western nations and cannot be quelled with advances in civilization. Hate is a strong emotion that is hard to eradicate from man.


If one was to stereotype a group, Jews in general seem to be hard working, family oriented, and pro-education. What is not to like? They seem to hold many of the characteristics of Asian cultures, which appear to be favorable attributes we should all strive for. What';s wrong with motivated, educated people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:08 AM
 
3,183 posts, read 595,261 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder if he actually meant it?


The "reason" that the Nazis were rounding up Jews is that they perceived them as enemies of the state and the objectives of Germany. In Mein Kampf, Hitler felt as thought the Jews had betrayed Germany in WW1, resulting in their defeat, and had used the banking industry and finance to support and foster international communism.


In addition, every totalitarian regime needs an "enemy" to rally the population and consolidate their support against the perceived "threat". As well as the Jews, Hitler rallied the population against Communism, which he considered to be driven by Jews.


Due to the Jews being under constant attack by western governments over the balance of human history, do we not owe them ONE place of sanctuary (Israel) in which they will be safe from persecution and genocide?


The Jews have been the scapegoat of western civilization for over 2,000 years. I find it amusing that one would perceive Judaism as an organized, focused threat with some universal, covert plan. Jews, like anyone else, are quite diverse in their thought processes and objectives and do not follow some crazy "master plan".


Why is there continued hostility toward Jews today? It seems to be a "sore" that keeps festering among western nations and cannot be quelled with advances in civilization. Hate is a strong emotion that is hard to eradicate from man.


If one was to stereotype a group, Jews in general seem to be hard working, family oriented, and pro-education. What is not to like? They seem to hold many of the characteristics of Asian cultures, which appear to be favorable attributes we should all strive for. What';s wrong with motivated, educated people?
Thank you!

And I can't help notice that some of the blatant antisemitic posters - I won't name names - are liberals who post on other threads about being welcoming to illegal immigrants and showing compassion to those in need. Yet they come on here and lambast the Jews.

And I've been called out for blaming only the liberals, and that's not true. We've had awful posts come from conservatives and libertarians, too. But it irks me more when it's from liberals who, on one hand, claim to be opposed to racism, and then on the other, reveal the most hateful attitudes toward Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
10,496 posts, read 4,374,857 times
Reputation: 4627
Too many were sleeping during their History classes in HS and College. My deceased Uncle opened some camps as part of Patton's 3rd Army.

They were so horrific, he did not tell the family what he saw till near the end of his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:15 AM
 
3,183 posts, read 595,261 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Too many were sleeping during their History classes in HS and College. My deceased Uncle opened some camps as part of Patton's 3rd Army.

They were so horrific, he did not tell the family what he saw till near the end of his life.
My grandfather survived in the woods for two years. Whenever I asked him about it, he said he'd tell me when I was older. He never did, and he took the horrors he experienced with him to his grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:17 AM
 
17,528 posts, read 19,702,562 times
Reputation: 7289
1/3 of people are diehard liberals... Makes sense...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,134 posts, read 20,760,860 times
Reputation: 8292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So are you upset at Israel National News for posting the article?
Argue about how many Jews were killed by Nazis and ignore people perishing in cages under an overpass.
What happened to "they came for the Socialist and I did nothing because I was not a Socialist"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 22 hours ago)
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,771 posts, read 21,077,935 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
1/3 of people are diehard liberals... Makes sense...
Antisemitism is where the far right and far left intersect. Probably the only thing Ilhan and a KKK member could agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top