Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 08:39 AM

6,721 posts, read 4,390,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm f**ked,"
Donald J. Trump

You mean he lied again?

There is no grasping, the people that are grasping are the people who don't believe what the report says....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

They keep saying, the president asked us to do " crazy s**t ". Many lost their jobs for not wanting to do his dirty work, or to lie to make him look good. Then his '' I'm f***ed " comment. Is this normal for a president. Trump makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:39 AM

57,061 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I don't think that would help Trump at all. It would bolster Mueller's findings pertaining to the concerns the intel community had with the Trump campaign and Russia. Also top intel committee Republicans were briefed on much of the same stuff the President was at the time by the FBI and National intelligence, a Republican run committee. That what is funny about all this, the same congressional Republicans that gripe about Obama at this time were also being briefed and decided to do nothing at all.

President rarely get asked to testify in public as Presidents received all Classified information and are not bound by those rules while in office. So when you interview a former president concerning issues that occurred while in office, it would be laced with all kinds of classified information leading to a report with blacked out text covering the page. Little to actually get from that.
Excellent point for those who repeatedly say that Obama did nothing about the Russian interference.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I see a lot of Trumpies (we don't normally see posting here much) crawling out of the woodwork claiming vindication based upon the Trump-Barr-Sanders fake news.

The reality is quite different. The Mueller report reflects very poorly on Trump, his campaign and now also his Attorney General. We also have a roadmap to go forward with the congressional investigations. Robert Mueller is also scheduled to testify in person next month.

These Trump supporters are a sad lot, grasping at anything right now hoping to play this "I told you so" card. But it doesn't work.

For any one interested in actually reading the thing, it can be accessed HERE . I would rather link directly to the Justice Department but I don't have it.
I am watching some morning shows that are interviewing people in Iowa and South Carolina about their opinions of information in the report
Supporters of Trump say there is nothing in the report that worries them
I just wonder how many of those supporters actually READ the report—or if they took their opinion based on FoxNews or Trump’s own comments...or a conservative website—

Haven’t heard any reporter ask specifically if anyone READ the report itself or just a summary
Or asked questions about any specific portions of the report that carry more damaging insight into Trump’s practices and those of his inner circle...

One guy who said it didn’t hurt Trump also said that he didn’t want foreign governments interfering in US elections...
Obviously he didn’t get the part about how Trump’s campaign staff and support groups were influences and infiltrated by Russian propaganda efforts to use them to create dissent and divisive actions with America...
Or that Trump himself has still not really confirmed that Russia was involved in trying to subvert the election...

Old 04-19-2019, 08:47 AM

57,061 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So he told his advisors to do something and they did not...what are advisors for again?

As for your 100%, oh well....it did not happen, so why not reelect him?

Kinda like, you are pregnant or not....you either are or not...no in-between.....
That is a rather gross over simplification, he asked his handlers to lie and when they didn't do his bidding he wanted them fired. This was much more than a healthy disagreement with your cabinet on some issues, he was asking them to do things that were illegal.

The leaks of chaos in the WH and his staff trying to ignore his decisions were leaked well in advance of this report, now we see the truth.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-19-2019 at 10:04 AM..

Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,326,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
To "get Trump" was never his mission, hard to understand why anyone believed that.
It's very easy to understand why: That's what the mass media told us, in two steps. 1. Trump colluded with Russia and needs to be removed from office. 2. Mueller has been appointed to do that.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is a rather gross over simplification, he asked his handlers to lie and when they didn't do his bidding he wanted them fired. This was much more than a healthy disagreement with your cabinet is on some issues, he was asking them to do things that were illegal.

The leaks of chaos in the WH and his staff trying to ignore his decisions were leaked well in advance of this report, now we see the truth.
I talked about things all the time and if I ask people to not talk about those things... Did I committed a crime? Nope...
No collusion, no obstruction...

Old 04-19-2019, 08:52 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,326,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Quote:

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm f**ked,"
Donald J. Trump

You mean he lied again?
No, he was simply reading the tea eaves. It was widely understood that Mueller was appointed to do a hatchet job on Trump and complete the conspiracy to remove him from office illegally.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:54 AM

8,058 posts, read 3,929,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I am watching some morning shows that are interviewing people in Iowa and South Carolina about their opinions of information in the report
Supporters of Trump say there is nothing in the report that worries them
I just wonder how many of those supporters actually READ the report—or if they took their opinion based on FoxNews or Trump’s own comments...or a conservative website—

Haven’t heard any reporter ask specifically if anyone READ the report itself or just a summary
Or asked questions about any specific portions of the report that carry more damaging insight into Trump’s practices and those of his inner circle...

One guy who said it didn’t hurt Trump also said that he didn’t want foreign governments interfering in US elections...
Obviously he didn’t get the part about how Trump’s campaign staff and support groups were influences and infiltrated by Russian propaganda efforts to use them to create dissent and divisive actions with America...
Or that Trump himself has still not really confirmed that Russia was involved in trying to subvert the election...
Remember that "Not My Pwesident" protest in NYC Michael Moore and all those really smart Resistancefighters attended... the Russians organized it!

Old 04-19-2019, 08:54 AM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is a rather gross over simplification, he asked his handlers to lie and when they didn't do his bidding he wanted them fired. This was much more than a healthy disagreement with your cabinet is on some issues, he was asking them to do things that were illegal.

No, not really. When you have been in a place for many many years, and the boss changes every 4/8 years....it's pretty easy to know the difference between right and wrong, in situations like these.

....you are either pregnant or not....

Old 04-19-2019, 08:56 AM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I see a lot of Trumpies (we don't normally see posting here much) crawling out of the woodwork claiming vindication based upon the Trump-Barr-Sanders fake news.

The reality is quite different. The Mueller report reflects very poorly on Trump, his campaign and now also his Attorney General. We also have a roadmap to go forward with the congressional investigations. Robert Mueller is also scheduled to testify in person next month.

These Trump supporters are a sad lot, grasping at anything right now hoping to play this "I told you so" card. But it doesn't work.

For any one interested in actually reading the thing, it can be accessed HERE . I would rather link directly to the Justice Department but I don't have it.
None of it will matter though. The GOP will continue to support him, his supporters will continue to support him. Nothing at all will come of any of it, IMO. There will be no impeachment. Everything will rock along as it has the past two years until we come to 2020. Then Trump may very well be re-elected unless the Dems can come up with someone who can take him on and that person deals with the issues and not Trump. This horse is long dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies