U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:30 AM
 
Location: NC
5,122 posts, read 1,826,402 times
Reputation: 2374

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
So now you are saying the president believes the "mainstream media" so much that he repeats their talking points too? That doesn't hold up to the constant rhetoric of fake news he continued to push on Fox, Twitter and his rallies. Now it is proven he is the fake news.
CNN/MSNBC/guests of the same are the ones thats pushed this fake news of collusion for years.

 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Boston
7,935 posts, read 2,303,397 times
Reputation: 5660
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you guys really believe that that there is nothing to over 130 contacts with agents of the Russian government, that there is nothing wrong with a campaign chairman sharing polling data and discussing campaign strategy with the agent of the Russian government, that it is fine for a potential POTUS to ask the Russian government to hack into the opposing party's emails and then when they do that, carry on like they are the Pentagon Papers at rally after rally?
according to Mueller and 40 FBI agents who investigated this for 2 years, no there was no collusion by the Trump team. Case closed.

But you can believe whatever you want.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 AM
 
6,541 posts, read 3,092,851 times
Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
So now you are saying the president believes the "mainstream media" so much that he repeats their talking points too? That doesn't hold up to the constant rhetoric of fake news he continued to push on Fox, Twitter and his rallies. Now it is proven he is the fake news.
Why are you putting words in my mouth?

He is using the lay term that most Americans are using.

What does it matter? What is your point?

Why do you see anything nefarious in it? The two words are synonyms.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM
 
8,262 posts, read 2,443,835 times
Reputation: 5755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I didn't say the deletion of emails was criminal just that it happened in addition to the many lies.

Yes there is not enough evidence for conspiracy charges but if you can believe that all these secretive meetings with the Russians who were close to Putin. Why did they need to lie and attempt to hide these meetings, what was the point.
The media were going to twist any admission of communications into "collusion". It's understandable and reasonable to lie when facing a lynch mob if lying will get you to a safe place.

If the lynch mob thinks that admitting X means you did Y (even though you didn't), you have every right to lie about doing X.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 04-22-2019 at 09:48 AM..
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM
 
7,178 posts, read 5,433,823 times
Reputation: 5375
Schiff was right.
Quote:
The Trump team “expected it would benefit” from the release of hacked emails. As soon as they became aware that WikiLeaks had in its possession stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee, Trump and his associates began “planning a press strategy, a communications campaign, and messaging based on the possible release of Clinton emails by WikiLeaks” to press their advantage. In so doing, the Trump Campaign turned an influence effort from a foreign power into a key strategy for a United States presidential election. Over the course of 2016, moreover, Trumpworld figures repeatedly reached out to people with ties to Russia to inquire about future hacks.
Quote:
The now infamous Trump Tower meeting of June 9, 2016 between Donald Trump Jr., then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, and Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya is case in point. That meeting was arranged after Trump Jr. had been told that the Russian government had “‘offered to provide the Trump Campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia’ as ‘part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.’” There’s no evidence that any information was passed between Veselnitskaya and the Trump officials at that meeting, but its existence points to the Trump campaign’s efforts to gain what it perceived as valuable information from figures with ties to Russia.
Quote:
Mueller considered bringing charges based on this meeting, specifically “whether this evidence would establish a conspiracy to violate the foreign contributions ban,” given the offer to provide “official documents and information.” But Mueller concluded that he “could not obtain admissible evidence likely to meet the government’s burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these individuals acted ‘willfully,’ i.e. with general knowledge of their conduct.” In other words, Mueller couldn’t prove that Donald Trump Jr. was smart enough to know that what he was doing was illegal. As any lawyer will tell you, however, ignorance of the law is not a defense.

As detailed in today’s released report, these contacts provide a portrait of what we have all agreed to call “collusion,” even if they don’t meet the evidentiary standard of a criminal conspiracy. “Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” the report concludes. Attorney General Barr, in his summary of the report, latched onto the end of that sentence, creating the misleading perception that the Mueller report totally exonerated the Trump campaign on the question of collusion. But, like that sentence, the report, when viewed in its entirety, outlines a long and well-established pattern of contact and cooperation.
https://newrepublic.com/article/1536...rump-collusion
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:35 AM
 
7,178 posts, read 5,433,823 times
Reputation: 5375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
CNN/MSNBC/guests of the same are the ones thats pushed this fake news of collusion for years.
It's not fake news. There are repeated "episodes of collusion" in the report. Collusion isn't a crime. But again the narrative that the president is using talking points from the news outlets he claims is "fake news" doesn't make sense. He is a Kremlin president that received assistance with the electoral from Russians.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,370 posts, read 13,891,264 times
Reputation: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's not fake news. There are repeated "episodes of collusion" in the report. Collusion isn't a crime. But again the narrative that the president is using talking points from the news outlets he claims is "fake news" doesn't make sense. He is a Kremlin president that received assistance with the electoral from Russians.
...and he paid Russian hookers to pee on Obama's bed, too.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:42 AM
 
4,115 posts, read 2,009,353 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's not fake news. There are repeated "episodes of collusion" in the report. Collusion isn't a crime. But again the narrative that the president is using talking points from the news outlets he claims is "fake news" doesn't make sense. He is a Kremlin president that received assistance with the electoral from Russians.
you are blatantly biased and brainwashed. instead of dismissing this assessment - step back and look at things from a distance. mull, reflect and reason using information and facts not force fed you by your media handlers.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:47 AM
 
8,262 posts, read 2,443,835 times
Reputation: 5755
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
So now you are saying the president believes the "mainstream media" so much that he repeats their talking points too?
The media were the accusers, They accused him of collusion. He responded to that accusation.
 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:57 AM
 
7,178 posts, read 5,433,823 times
Reputation: 5375
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
you are blatantly biased and brainwashed. instead of dismissing this assessment - step back and look at things from a distance. mull, reflect and reason using information and facts not force fed you by your media handlers.
Unless you can provide an explanation to your accusations, your opinion isn't based on anything. Where are your facts coming from? The president or Sean Hannity? They are one in the same.:My opinions are based on a 22-month investigation by a special counsel and the president's actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top