Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 05:57 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,304,872 times

Advertisements

Mueller’s complaints show Barr has a whole lot of explaining to do

Quote:
Attorney General William P. Barr’s handling of the Mueller report was already controversial. On Tuesday night, it became a whole lot more controversial.

We knew based upon previous reporting that members of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team were concerned about Barr’s characterization of their report ahead of its release. But now we know Mueller himself shared in the concerns — and spoke up.

Mueller

Old 05-01-2019, 07:53 AM

37,036 posts, read 18,994,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Mueller didn't keep a copy.

He kept the original.
Thank you. He sent "copies" to Barr, Rosenstein, the Senate and House Democrats, the NYT, and WaPo. I stand corrected. He will produce another "copy" when he testifies brfore Congress.

Regardless of who has what iteration f the letter, Barr is going to find himself staring down the barrel of a perjury indictment in the next 48 hours.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,660,493 times
Listening to Graham’s opening remarks and heard two lies already
Going to be a long contentious day

Old 05-01-2019, 08:17 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,660,493 times
The letter Mueller sent
https://www.axios.com/robert-mueller...0035ccd0d.html

And I just refer to the first two paragraphs where Mueller refers to the summaries of each section he and his team provided to Barr and expected Barr to provide to the American people

Barr chose not to do that because doing so would prevent his spin in a different direction to throw shade on his master—DJT—and his master’s cooperation with the Russian efforts to hack the 2016 election and to obstruct the investigation into that cooperation...

Barr has perjured himself both pre and post becoming AG
He had done as much damage to the rule of law in that short amount of time as Trump has in the last 3 yrs...
Lyndsey Graham will put on a hysteronic show today to protect Barr and Trump

One wonders what Graham has done to make himself complicit in the obstruction of justice

Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,062,538 times
Wow. This is a great read.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...87914754088961

Old 05-01-2019, 08:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The letter Mueller sent
https://www.axios.com/robert-mueller...0035ccd0d.html

And I just refer to the first two paragraphs where Mueller refers to the summaries of each section he and his team provided to Barr and expected Barr to provide to the American people

Barr chose not to do that because doing so would prevent his spin in a different direction to throw shade on his master—DJT—and his master’s cooperation with the Russian efforts to hack the 2016 election and to obstruct the investigation into that cooperation...

Barr has perjured himself both pre and post becoming AG
He had done as much damage to the rule of law in that short amount of time as Trump has in the last 3 yrs...
Lyndsey Graham will put on a hysteronic show today to protect Barr and Trump

One wonders what Graham has done to make himself complicit in the obstruction of justice
Good post. Your points bear repeating.

You are right all around.

The puzzling thing for me is Graham. I had for years thought he was a much more principled person and I liked that about him. I guess I fell for his schtick over the years.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 AM

37,036 posts, read 18,994,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Good post. Your points bear repeating.

You are right all around.

The puzzling thing for me is Graham. I had for years thought he was a much more principled person and I liked that about him. I guess I fell for his schtick over the years.
Graham is wading around hip deep in rubles, according to an article in the Dallas paper last year. Vlad is pulling his strings now. Probably why he is fighting so hard to keep Mango Unchained in office. When the trap door drops, they all hang together.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:43 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Barr is now exposed as a lying tRump toady.

No credibility

No integrity

The perfect AG for a scumbag.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Well said.

We know that criminals need a 'mouthpiece'. ... and we knew Trump needed an Attorney General that had no self respect and would kiss his keister in a sycophantic way. Barr practically interviewed for the job of cover up artist with recent writings before his appointment, and his actions during the Iran-Contra scandal speak for itself. The man was damaged goods long before he became the AG under Trump.

Trump wanted a personal defense attorney with the power to quash investigations, and he got one. So we have yet another liar for the Trump campaign paid by us to lie to us.

These people make a vow to protect the constitution, then undermine it. The people will not soon forget these betrayals. Barr's reputation and legacy will be forever stained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies