Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 11:11 AM

352 posts, read 518,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Were you o.k. with them interfering prior to this election or just mad, now, because you lost?

And no, I'm not...but I also know they have been doing it for years prior to this election...

You did you know this?

Yeah i have a problem with it.

Lost what? an election? I didnt run for President.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Oh yeah, because Dems have shown such a willingness to work with Trumo since he was elected. Are you for real?
Yes. I am.

Whatever may be going on between Trump and some of the Democrats (and Independents and Republicans, frankly) in Congress has exactly ZERO to do with this guy treating citizens that he thinks did not vote for him as THE ENEMY.

It does not excuse him from treating Puerto Rico like it's not part of the United States or treating blue states like there are no voters there who may be receptive to his message.

Nah... he caters solely to his base, and corporate/one percent wealth.

And nothing else.

When he was elected and there were all those demonstrations against him was the time for him to go out and win people over, not talk smack about them and start "trolling" the "libs."

It's juvenile and unbecoming a president.

You want everyone else to act better than the leader of the country.

That's silly.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Bill "Coverup General" Barr should be impeached for attempting to make light of this and attempting to pollute the court of public opinion. This is Congress's call to make not his. Congress do your job!
He won't be, as long as Republicans have control of the senate, Trump and other Republicans are untouchable.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:13 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It looks like most of the media "enemy of the president" headlines are correct.

WaPo:Paranoia, lies and fear: Trump’s presidency laid bare by Mueller report
WSJ:‘ Putin Has Won’: Mueller Report Details the Ways Russia Interfered in the 2016 Election
NYT :A Portrait of the White House and Its Culture of Dishonesty
LA Time So much for 'no collusion.' Trump now says the Mueller report is a 'hoax'
LA Times goes on:
Here's the handy reference chart for how biased your sources are:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/08/...s-a-new-chart/

Old 04-19-2019, 11:15 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Obstruction is still being considered, are you saying that Trump didn’t attempt to obstruct or just that he wasn’t successful. He fired Comey and attempted to fire Mueller.
If he didn't COLLUDE, what did he OBSTRUCT? Are you dense?

He is allowed to fire Comey.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:17 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This has been the most damning report of a sitting president in history....and Trump supporters are celebrating. We were attacked by Russia...and I guess that's OK.
Of course, because this thing seems to imply that Trump wasn't to blame, so whatever to all the rest because MAGA!

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You already know the answer to that, don't be disingenuous.

If you want to be an apologist for foreign meddling you are no better than a quisling yourself.

I do know...and I'm asking people, why are they mad now, when it's been going on for a lot longer than 2016....because they lost and the media fed them a story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
When Bush Jr was elected, there was quite a lot of uproar then over the election results, whether it was fair, "hanging chads," etc.

And, Bush went out there after the results were final and he extended a hand to the nation.

Sure, there were die-hards who always hated him, but I think he won quite a good many citizens who did not vote for him over to the point where, even if he wasn't their guy, he was surely a guy they knew would do his best, even if they didn't always agree.

Trump has not done this, and history will not be kind to him because of it.

Now, I have a hard time finding too many people that don't at least agree that they're okay with Bush Jr who paints and is friends with Michelle Obama.

He's softened, and that's something people like about him here, years later.

Trump has burned all the bridges he had.

I was not a fan of Bush's when he was elected or for most of the time he was in office. However when he stood at ground zero and said what he said, I was proud he was my President.

I didn't agree with a lot of his policies, but i never questioned his love for his country.

I admire him tremendously now.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/stat...00247018332160

Will congress listen to the majority sentiment, per the poll above, or continue to beat a dead horse on trump? I'm expecting the latter based on the reaction from chuck, Nancy, and several prominent dems yesterday.

what a colossal waste of taxpayer money this whole trump investigation was, along with the huge social costs including deeper divides between americans, a further deterioration in trust of the press, and skepticism of motives by formerly trusted institutions like the doj and fbi.

Nothing good came of this investigation. Nothing.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
Yeah i have a problem with it.

Lost what? an election? I didnt run for President.

Did you do anything before 2016?

Your side lost the election for president...is that why you are mad, now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies