Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 06:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I actually believe Trump’s supporters wouldn’t fault him for doing that exact thing..." TDS is a SICKNESS!
Seeing Trump for what he is isn’t a sickness—it’s a gift of perspective...

Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
"When Medicare was enacted in 1965, only a little more than one-half of the aged were insured for hospital care. With the implementation of Medicare on July 1, 1966, virtually the entire elderly population in the Nation was made eligible for Part A coverage, and almost all had voluntarily enrolled in Part B..."

I note how you "conveniently" ignored the rest of the quote from a scientist group"

"2 years before Medicare was enacted, about 75 percent of adults under age 65 had hospital insurance coverage, while the corresponding figure for persons 65 years of age and over was only 56 percent"

Why did the numbers go up? Companies figured it was less expensive to carry healthcare insurance into RETIREMENT when gov't insurance was available.
The "rest of the quote" says exactly what I did - that only about half of folks over 65 had hospital insurance before Medicare was enacted.

So you kind'a just made my POINT.

Ken

Old 04-28-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
"That doesn't change WHY he did it." "for ANYTHING of NOTHING"!

"That doesn't change the fact that he obstructed justice" IF it is a FACT, Mueller would have ASKED for INDICTMENTS.
DOJ rules prevent that for a sitting President.

From the DOJ website: "The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions."

https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/...al-prosecution

Trump conspired with the Russians on LIVE TV.
Trump admitted on LIVE TV that he fired Comey because he wouldn't drop the Russia investigation - that's obstruction of justice.
He did BOTH of those things - and more - he just got away with it because he's the President.

Ken

Old 04-28-2019, 07:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Poor Kenny needs a binkie.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:28 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Insults and lies are still all you have to offer?

The Mueller report clearly stated Trump was not exonerated, and documented evidence of obstruction of justice in at least 10 areas.
No, it ddin't. It stated that Mueller didn't consider him exonerated. The facts, however, said otherwise.

And, no, it didn't "document[] evidence of obstruction of justice in at least 10 areas." It pretended to do so, but those episodes, if accurately recounted, weren't criminal..

Old 04-28-2019, 07:58 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
DOJ rules prevent that for a sitting President.

From the DOJ website: "The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions."

https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/...al-prosecution

Trump conspired with the Russians on LIVE TV.
Trump admitted on LIVE TV that he fired Comey because he wouldn't drop the Russia investigation - that's obstruction of justice.
He did BOTH of those things - and more - he just got away with it because he's the President.

Ken
Agree it is problematic the POTUS continues to side with foreign governments over the United States Government & has done so publicly:

6 times Trump has sided with a foreign country over the U.S. government

Quote:
Believing Putin over his intelligence community

Trump has made it abundantly clear that he harbors doubts about the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. campaign and that it did so to help him. Occasionally, he has suggested that he believes Putin’s denials rather than U.S. intelligence.

“Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,' " Trump said. “And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. . . . I think he is very insulted by it.”

Trump added later: “I believe that he feels that he and Russia did not meddle in the election."

Trump then clarified, “As to whether I believe it or not, I am with our agencies, especially as currently constituted with the leadership.” But this is trying to have it both ways. The intelligence community says that not only did Russia interfere, but that Putin ordered it. If Trump believes Putin’s denials, he can’t also believe the intelligence community.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b51562f41f27

It's worth noting Article 1 of Mr. Nixon's Impeachment begins:

"In his conduct of the office of the President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his oath faithfully to execute the oath of the President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, in that:"

& is followed by the facts & evidence revealed at that point. The hearings lasted for over a year.

The three articles of impeachment against Mr. Nixon were:

1. obstruction of justice;
2. abuse of power,
3. & contempt of Congress.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it ddin't. It stated that Mueller didn't consider him exonerated. The facts, however, said otherwise.

And, no, it didn't "document[] evidence of obstruction of justice in at least 10 areas." It pretended to do so, but those episodes, if accurately recounted, weren't criminal..
It “PRETENDED TO”
What kind of comment is that
And saying “IF ACCURATELY RECOUNTED’ mean if Trumpsters put their spin on events

Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Blah, blah, blah, no indictments, no suggestion of criminal activity. Trump and family won. Having a partisan Congress re-investigate this silliness will lead to a landslide Trump victory in 2020. Go ahead, do it!...lol

Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree it is problematic the POTUS continues to side with foreign governments over the United States Government & has done so publicly:

6 times Trump has sided with a foreign country over the U.S. government

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b51562f41f27

It's worth noting Article 1 of Mr. Nixon's Impeachment begins:

"In his conduct of the office of the President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his oath faithfully to execute the oath of the President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, in that:"

& is followed by the facts & evidence revealed at that point. The hearings lasted for over a year.

The three articles of impeachment against Mr. Nixon were:

1. obstruction of justice;
2. abuse of power,
3. & contempt of Congress.
Trump has met all three of those and could add working with a foreign power to undermine a Federal election

Old 04-28-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Poor Kenny needs a binkie.
Says the supporter of the baby in the White House.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies