U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 03:12 PM

9,959 posts, read 6,261,341 times

Advertisements

Appears the Paris Fire Department was ill prepared, afraid it's gone. Lucky are the ones who got to see it, it was a beautiful building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM

14,108 posts, read 7,630,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I didnít say it was realistic, my point was that it wasnít the absolutely insane option people here are making it out to be. By the way, French officials have just indicated that they may not be able to get the fire under control and that it will essentially have to burn itself out.
Bingo.

The most insane part of what he tweeted is that the likelihood of them having a helicopter in that area capable of controlled drops before it's not worth the trouble is slim to none. Based on all the footage I've seen so far the thing is toast, it doesn't matter what anyone does at this point. Just save the surrounding buildings and prevent it from spreading.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:16 PM

11,633 posts, read 8,149,788 times
It is a sad state or a sign of the times or perhaps my calculating mind at work as it was on that fateful day September 11 2001 when that first plane hit the tower and my second thought was "what if this wasn't an accident but done on purpose?"

We all know about the influx of Muslims into France and Paris and if you know anyone that lives in France you will know that they are not well received.

What if this fire was set on purpose to strike at the heart of the Catholic church? One of the workers, a migrant worker could have set the fire. I doubt we will ever know how it started but it is possible that one hateful person choose to take down the amazing structure.

If that is the case and the French Government admits it how will "migrants" round the world be treated in the future?

It is not that much of a stretch to imagine that this could be arson.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:16 PM

14,108 posts, read 7,630,610 times
And of course every left winger and everyone in the media will now explain to the world how "flying water tankers" could never in a million years mean a helicopter designed for aerial firefighting and how the President was definitely talking about the largest jet in the wild fire fighting fleet.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM

16,935 posts, read 22,198,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Preventing the fire from spreading to surrounding structures would be my first reason for using air drops, the damn thing has already collapsed in on itself and it's very unlikely it'll be saved in any real way.
the latest report says they believe they've saved at least the two towers and the walls of the building. https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...mark-live-news

Anything that could burn appears to be a loss.

21,833 posts, read 23,065,467 times
Quote:
Preventing the fire from spreading to surrounding structures would be my first reason for using air drops, the damn thing has already collapsed in on itself and it's very unlikely it'll be saved in any real way.
Because destroying nearby buildings and endangering lives via water bombs dropped from the air is better than fighting the fire in a way that most likely saves nearby buildings?

6,807 posts, read 3,751,339 times
Quote:
He IS President, there's no "supposed to be" involved.
Shame he doesn't come across like it. There's always some inevitable inept comment, like after the California fires when he blamed it on not 'raking the leaves'. Dread to think what else he'll come up with this.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Of course our President Trump offered his expert advice...that they need water tankers...

He wants to help Paris but wanted to defund California when it was on fire.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...e%2Findex.html

It's Trump's fault, just three posts in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Flying water tankers......all right Donnie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Thank goodness for Donnie and his sage advice. I hope the French fire service are checking twitter because I'm sure they havent thought about every possible solution to save one of their oldest and most beloved landmarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Because air tankers flying low and dropping water bombs onto a weak and damaged historical building in the middle of a heavily populated city makes perfect sense. Plus I'm sure the French fire fighters were scratching their heads about how best to address this before that tweet.
double smack for being from the same state as I and supposed fellow Bronco fan when in fact, she's just another with TDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The maniac has been trashing America's values far more than California. This is a representative democracy not an orange autocracy like the current maniac wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Donnie will send "Freedom Fries" to the French to console them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The usual TDS infection infects another thread. Pathetic.
This. Condolences to France, Catholics, and we Christians in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What a coincidence, neither does the man who wanted to defund it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump making silly comments?

I agree!
another doubling down on tds, good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn’t matter. Either way, he proves yet again he is an inept, loud mouth piece of crap. Pelosi’s words are spot on & an example of how a true leader expresses sympathy.
... ouch... I'm starting to get woozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And all that weight of the water coming down?
What do you got to lose? Let it burn down on its own. Maybe worth a consideration, maybe not.

Quote:
Sure, or large warehouses, or structures you can't access with trucks, or huge structures that are too tall to reach with ladders. There are tons of reasons why helicopters would be used to fight large fires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes.

https://fireaviation.com/2017/10/26/...d-series-game/

Quote:

The helicopter was then diverted to a fire on the third-floor balcony of a three-story condominium in the 1000 block of Everett Place where it made two water drops. Los Angeles City Department Assistant Chief Tim Ernst called it, “A quick knockdown”.

That was my thoughts, it seems too high to get enough water or other fire retardant to douse flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Shame he doesn't come across like it. There's always some inevitable inept comment, like after the California fires when he blamed it on not 'raking the leaves'. Dread to think what else he'll come up with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Except that Trump's "solution" wasn't plausible. It was idiotic.
Not so necessary say some in here with fire fighting experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump's idiotic comments could fill a 10 volume book set. Water Tanker? A five year old would know how stupid an idea that is.
and ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can't believe you idiots making this thread about how much you hate Trump. It's embarrassing.
What else do they have? Put yourself in their shoes for a moment... Actually, , don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
trump offers nothing but idiocy 24/7, this is yet another example of his idiocy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Be grateful for small favors.

At least Trump isn't advising them to rake more.

The guy should just say something appropriate to show he's with the French and then shut up--not give the experts advice on a subject he knows zero about. He just can't ever shut up and, unfortunately, makes himself look stupid. Hopefully, the French are aware that he does not speak for many of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The point of my post wasn't to assign fault, but to show how egregiously idiotic he is at everything.
Hmmm, he managed to get elected and continues to make progress for My Country, despite Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton™, the Obama Administration, the Clinton Foundation and Fusion GPS, your Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media, the fbi cia nsa doj irs and other weaponized politicized Three-letter-words, academia, etc.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-15-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 PM

62,629 posts, read 34,138,335 times
Held without bail.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-c...h-hate-crimes/

Notre Dame on fire-190411111843-holden-matthews-mugshot-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-15-2019 at 03:39 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 03:20 PM

4,686 posts, read 1,159,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is a sad state or a sign of the times or perhaps my calculating mind at work as it was on that fateful day September 11 2001 when that first plane hit the tower and my second thought was "what if this wasn't an accident but done on purpose?"

We all know about the influx of Muslims into France and Paris and if you know anyone that lives in France you will know that they are not well received.

What if this fire was set on purpose to strike at the heart of the Catholic church? One of the workers, a migrant worker could have set the fire. I doubt we will ever know how it started but it is possible that one hateful person choose to take down the amazing structure.

If that is the case and the French Government admits it how will "migrants" round the world be treated in the future?

It is not that much of a stretch to imagine that this could be arson.
I disagree. If it's terrorism, they will take responsibility. It does no good for them if they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or