Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,723,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
every time things like this come up, those of us that are truly responsible gun owners will tell everyone that the best way to prevent things like this are to EDUCATE the children in the house about guns. teach them gun safety at an early age, mostly to leave the guns alone at that age because of what they can do.

and then the gun grabbers come back with you shouldnt teach children anything about guns for what ever reason they can make up, usually a stupid one. as a result things like this keep happening.
Are you aware of the attention span of a 4 year old?

The best way to prevent things like from happening is to buy a darn gun safe and putting your weapons in it.

WHY is it a good idea to leave weapons accessible to a FOUR year old?

As far s I’m concerned, the gun owner should go to jail where he might just learn a thing or two about paying attention. Idiot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 07:28 PM

19,667 posts, read 9,990,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Are you aware of the attention span of a 4 year old?

The best way to prevent things like from happening is to buy a darn gun safe and putting your weapons in it.

WHY is it a good idea to leave weapons accessible to a FOUR year old?

As far s I’m concerned, the gun owner should go to jail where he might just learn a thing or two about paying attention. Idiot
6 year olds hunt deer and turkey in many rural areas and do quite well.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:57 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,830,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is yet another example of the reality that the gun nuts do not want to acknowledge.

More guns is not always better.

Statistically, having a gun with children means a greater likelihood of an unintended death (accident, suicide, domestic disturbance, etc) like this than the chance of the gun being used to successfully protect the family from a threat.
I love that argument. The same argument can be made about knives, cars, baseball bats, lawn darts, and tennis rackets.

Irresponsible people will always to stupid things, they will always over look the obvious things, like safety precautions.

Houses burn down due to careless smokers and children die.
Far more children die in car accidents than accidental gun shots. Car accidents where the parent elected not to use child seats or seat belts. How many children die because Mommy was adjusting her makeup while driving, or texting or Daddy was scoping the young hottie?

Old 04-15-2019, 08:03 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,037,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I love that argument. The same argument can be made about knives, cars, baseball bats, lawn darts, and tennis rackets.

Irresponsible people will always to stupid things, they will always over look the obvious things, like safety precautions.

Houses burn down due to careless smokers and children die.
Far more children die in car accidents than accidental gun shots. Car accidents where the parent elected not to use child seats or seat belts. How many children die because Mommy was adjusting her makeup while driving, or texting or Daddy was scoping the young hottie?
How many lawn dart and tennis racket deaths have there been within the past two years? Just curious.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM

76,976 posts, read 47,297,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Poor baby.

And from this negligence, the parents have a GoFundMe account that is nearing $40 thousand.

Disclaimer: I am NOT "anti-gun." I AM anti irresponsible gun owner.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-girl-d...081023526.html
I bet it was a Glock. No manual safety.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:17 PM

1,406 posts, read 792,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I bet it was a Glock. No manual safety.
There are lots of guns that don't have manual safeties. None of mine do.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:18 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,095,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess we can use that same logic for opioid overdoes, its such a small percentage.
Not a good comparison...First you need to divide the number addicted/abusing by the number prescribed....I'm sure the rate of incidence will be far greater than .0001%! I'd bet that it starts left of the decimal!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,460,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No we admit that it's the uneducated parents (will you)?....however, when you remove suicide, we are only talking about 15K deaths a year.....so, instead of them mean bad gun.....

Old 04-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
once again you completely ignored what i said. ALL children need to be taught gun safety, because you never know when a child will come across a gun. they mya be over at a friends house and come across one.
Parents need to be taught gun safety.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
let me g you one further then, what is the point of teaching children anything? you gun grabbers keep complaining that people need to learn gun safety, and i agree. but we need to start early when children are most capable of learning. we start them young with learning languages, how to read, how to write, etc. we teach them other safety things like look both ways before crossing the street. so what is wring with also teaching children about gun safety at a young age? is it supposed to be some mystical learning event that somehow children are not capable of learning until they are at some age you decide?

why cant you take the child out and teach them what a gun can do, and why they need to leave them alone unless under adult supervision?

do you teach your children not to drink the things they find under the sink? you know stuff like drain cleaner, windex, bug spray etc.? this is just another safety item that children need to learn about.
You should have that up where small children can't get it, not under the sink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies