U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:19 PM

39,102 posts, read 40,441,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You can in my state. If YOU think your life is in danger.

There needs to be other circumstances such as they are acting in threatening manner in which case you have right to defend yourself whether they have a gun a or no gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 09:06 AM

66,143 posts, read 29,998,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Boys entering the girls and vice- versa was rather common when I was in high school, in the 70ís.

Also happened in locker rooms. Then there was the keyhole in the door between the girlís locker and pool. Boys swam naked for reasons I never quite understood. It was common knowledge the girls would elbow their way to the keyhole. Some guys pranced for the audience. Other covered.

There were modesty curtains covering each changing booth in the girlís locker room.

Never saw a naked person in the girls locker or toilet facilities.

Cell phones/ selfies had not been invented.

I have no recollection these situations were ever accelerated to the school faculty.
I grew up in Chicago and the suburbs. My kids grew up in the suburbs. Individual "changing booths?" In a large enrollment school? That's wishful thinking. Locker/shower rooms are nearly universally open-multiple occupancy. No "individual" stalls provided as there just isn't enough space to do so.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:27 AM

9,315 posts, read 4,482,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
There needs to be other circumstances such as they are acting in threatening manner in which case you have right to defend yourself whether they have a gun a or no gun.
Not in a "stand your ground" state. If they advance toward me after being told to leave, I can shoot.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:34 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
24,988 posts, read 13,895,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She wasnít protecting herself, she was protecting her bathroom. There is a difference.
I see it as she was protecting herself

she felt violated, and a male (HE has an external swinging member... ie a bio male, I don't care what he wants to call himself) and she was violated...

she defended herself against sexual harassment

Old 04-16-2019, 10:36 AM

6,936 posts, read 2,093,471 times
Is the boy suing her for a hate crime?

Let's add some more ridiculousness is.

Or is she suing for a hate crime? Since he entered the bathroom in a hostile manner.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 PM

755 posts, read 236,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I see it as she was protecting herself

she felt violated, and a male (HE has an external swinging member... ie a bio male, I don't care what he wants to call himself) and she was violated...

she defended herself against sexual harassment
Well you see it incorrectly. Violence is only acceptable when responding to or preventing violence from someone else.

EDIT: Or, I suppose, as punishment for violence already committed

Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
24,988 posts, read 13,895,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Well you see it incorrectly. Violence is only acceptable when responding to or preventing violence from someone else.

EDIT: Or, I suppose, as punishment for violence already committed

sexual harassment is violence

sexual harassment could and should be considered a hate crime

the boy entered the female bathroom and exposed himself...that is considered violence, sexual violence and can get him on the sexual offenders/predators list

she defended herself

Old 04-16-2019, 12:24 PM

6,936 posts, read 2,093,471 times
Quote:

the boy entered the female bathroom and exposed himself...that is considered violence, sexual violence and can get him on the sexual offenders/predators list

she defended herself
But he's allowed in the girls bathroom, per the school.

The school has created quite the situation.

I hope the girl's family sues the school for the expulsion.

I hope the boy's family sues the school for a hate crime.

Love to see the results of those.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:25 PM

14,594 posts, read 12,067,534 times
These scenarios were guaranteed to happen when folks blur the line from what’s male and female.

What a crazy society we have today where you can identify as any gender based on your feelings for the day.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:27 PM

755 posts, read 236,879 times
Quote:

she defended herself
No, it is not. Violence is violence. Harmful and/or unwanted physical contact is violence. Legitimate fear of same can justify a violent response. Hurting someone's feelings or offending them cannot.

Changing definitions to fit your agenda is dishonest and unproductive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or