Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

At conservative Duke U....just saying.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Exactly. So I repeat my question to those of you who keep insisting that criticism of Israel is unrelated, EVER, to antisemitism....

If this was a conference against Israel*, and there is no correlation between anti-Israelism and anti-Semitism, why are Jews being mocked??!!

*It actually wasn't a conference against Israel. It was supposedly a objective conference on Gaza, but, being held on a liberal college campus, it was pretty much anti-Israel.
Doesn't seem to bother the Jews much. They are overwhelmingly democrat. I don't get it.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Hmmm, not much comment here from the many anti-Israel, Omar-sympathetic posters who tell us ad-infinitum that being anti-Israel is not anti-Semitism. When stuck in a zugzwang, crickets is always a good option.
Stop with the identity politics. Leave that to the left. << thats for all your lefties

Not wanting to give we the peoples money to Israel, which should go to poor Americans, isn't anti-semetic. It's called Pro American.

Between the left giving our money away to illegals and the right giving our money away to Israel I don't know who is worse.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Hmmm, not much comment here from the many anti-Israel, Omar-sympathetic posters who tell us ad-infinitum that being anti-Israel is not anti-Semitism. When stuck in a zugzwang, crickets is always a good option.

I don't know why they bother, there's little sense in attempting to have an honest discussion with those unable to understand the difference between a nation and a religion.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Stop with the identity politics. Leave that to the left. << thats for all your lefties

Not wanting to give we the peoples money to Israel, which should go to poor Americans, isn't anti-semetic. It's called Pro American.

Between the left giving our money away to illegals and the right giving our money away to Israel I don't know who is worse.
What about the money we give away to the Arab countries? It's a lot more than we give to Israel. Yet many people - not necessarily you - seem to zero in on Israel when they complain about "giving money away." Any clue why that would be?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't know why they bother, there's little sense in attempting to have an honest discussion with those unable to understand the difference between a nation and a religion.
Speaking for myself, ive pointed out that SOMETIMES anti-Israelism is indeed a proxy for anti-semitism. Will you acknowledge that there are instances in which there is an overlap? The obvious one that comes to mind is the Duke U anti-Israel meeting in which Jews were mocked.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:42 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Speaking for myself, ive pointed out that SOMETIMES anti-Israelism is indeed a proxy for anti-semitism. Will you acknowledge that there are instances in which there is an overlap? The obvious one that comes to mind is the Duke U anti-Israel meeting in which Jews were mocked.
'Proxy' is a pretty good way to put it. I'm going to borrow that one. Again, given the history of the Holocaust and creation of modern Israel in 1948, being anti-Semitic and anti-Israel are inextricably linked. Remember also the old saying, "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

I see today that the Duke/UNC consortium finally did issue an apology of sorts:
https://jewishjournal.com/news/natio...anti-semitism/

It only took them a week to decide that they opposed anti-Semitism. A UNC chancellor apologized on April 12. As far as I can find out, Duke U. is still mum on the incident. Perhaps it's not surprising from the U that brought us the lacross team rape hoax.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:52 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
At conservative Duke U....just saying.
huh???

Have you heard of the Duke-lacrosse rape case? The 'group of 88' professors that took out an ad falsely accusing the lacrosse team members, evidently inspired by identity politics and virtue signaling? That 'conservative' Duke???
https://www.theamericanconservative....ten-in-durham/

Quote:
a study by the Duke Conservative Union found that registered Democrats outnumber Republicans in humanities departments 25 to1.
Any other fairy tales to peddle, moneill???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies