Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 06:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

It's biggest cruelty is to the possibility of a reduced deficit or balanced budget. As to "blue" states, according to all our resident Trumpies, the wealthy people in them are Republicans anyway so screw them all. The various burbs I was from in PA and NJ are Republican run and chock-full of Republicans that make the big bucks. Let 'em pay for their Trump votes. Fine with me.

I don't notice if I pay 1 or 2% more or 1 or 2% less. But hopefully all these Republicans in swing states (PA, for example) do......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is correct. I have been saying it for almost a year. The market in our area has declined about 20% since 2016.
I live in a high property tax county and that’s what they said after the new law but

“The median home value in Suffolk County is $404,000. Suffolk County home values have gone up 6.2% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 6.8% within the next year.”

Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Foreclosures are going up big time here in Florida - something like 18 to 20% compared to a year ago. But I don't blame that on the new tax law. It's that super amazing Trump economy...the best ever in history. NOT.

Things are not so great out in the real world. The stock market has gone almost nowhere in 15 months now and property values sure are not headed upwards in most markets.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:30 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Well, for years I have lived in red states and paid MORE in TAXES so rich folks in California, Illinois, NY, NY, Conn, Mass......paid less due to deductions for state and local taxes

I NEVER made over 80,000 a year in my entire life.....why should I pay so RICH FOLKS get their deductions??
You definitely didn't pay more than us, even before the new tax laws. As a 1% in a blue state, Im pretty sure our effective tax rate and absolute tax liability have been much higher than yours for years.

I don't mind paying higher taxes, if they're going towards the things that I believe help make the country great (ex. education, infrastructure, research, social safety net, etc.), but I don't think they are priorities for this administration.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Foreclosures are going up big time here in Florida - something like 18 to 20% compared to a year ago. But I don't blame that on the new tax law. It's that super amazing Trump economy...the best ever in history. NOT.

Things are not so great out in the real world. The stock market has gone almost nowhere in 15 months now and property values sure are not headed upwards in most markets.
Really, I am looking for cheap beachfront property... Where in Florida is this... I will pay with the money I made the last 15 months in the stock market....

Old 04-16-2019, 06:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
You definitely didn't pay more than us, even before the new tax laws. As a 1% in a blue state, Im pretty sure our effective tax rate and absolute tax liability have been much higher than yours for years.

I don't mind paying higher taxes, if they're going towards the things that I believe help make the country great (ex. education, infrastructure, research, social safety net, etc.), but I don't think they are priorities for this administration.
I do mind. It’s my money and to fund some jackass in a blue high tax state irritates me no end.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
It's biggest cruelty is to the possibility of a reduced deficit or balanced budget. As to "blue" states, according to all our resident Trumpies, the wealthy people in them are Republicans anyway so screw them all. The various burbs I was from in PA and NJ are Republican run and chock-full of Republicans that make the big bucks. Let 'em pay for their Trump votes. Fine with me.

I don't notice if I pay 1 or 2% more or 1 or 2% less. But hopefully all these Republicans in swing states (PA, for example) do......
Well I got more back this year so I am good.

Your hard blue states like Jersey, New York, Mass, CA etc. Do tax their people to death so do a lot of blue cities. From income tax to property taxes. Blue staters get what they accept and deserve it. So do Trump supporters for that matter.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
You definitely didn't pay more than us, even before the new tax laws.......
NO....I paid MORE so YOU could pay LESS as a 1%!!!

I am tired of helping RICH FOLKS pay less in taxes.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:

Do you have any clue what you are posting? Or did I misunderstand you?

The SALT Tax adjustment actually keeps more money in the government, which would seem to help deficits and debts (if they were actually interested in the debt). Trump increased taxes on the wealthy. I thought that's what many people wanted.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Just because your friend paid doesn't mean he had a higher tax burden. Sounds like he made more money and didn't adjust accordingly from the previous year. They really need to have their tax guy explain things better to them.

And yet CA is ranked one of the lowest in education and infrastructure. Riddle me that with your fiddlestick.

Not the feds fault that they aren't subsidizing your states high tax and COL.
She sounds like someone who lives in CA , but that poster (EDnurse) lives in Phoenix, AZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies