U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 05:27 PM

5,343 posts, read 2,719,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Anyone confused about their gender is automatically mentally ill.
You're not a doctor so you're nowhere near qualified to make that determination. Therefore, your post is nothing more than your worthless opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 PM

7,315 posts, read 2,161,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You're not a doctor so you're nowhere near qualified to make that determination. Therefore, your post is nothing more than your worthless opinion.
Kinda like if you see someone setting themselves on fire. You don't put them out. You need a doctor to tell you that behavior shows the person is mentally ill.

Then you can put them out. Oh wait ... get a broom and sweep up instead. But you waited for the doctor, so good on you.

When did we become so stupid we need an "expert" to spoonfeed us common sense?

Old 04-18-2019, 06:05 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,414,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Since when did treating your fellow Americans with dignity and respect become an atrocity?
I have no issue with transgenders serving if:
1. Any augmentation surgery is done prior to service and not on the military dime.
2. Medications are the responsibility of the individual, both to purchase and too manage.
3. No special treatment or considerations for them.

Read my many posts on the topic. I support the gay community, but the military isn't a charity institution. Unit effectiveness is impacted by people unable to do their duties due to medical conditions. A unit doesn't get back fill every time a member goes out for surgery, has a hormone imbalance, or is prone to depression.

The military excludes many from service based upon both physical as well as mental conditions.
For example :
1. Epilepsy
2.Hemophilia
3. Pre existing heart disorders
4. Age
5. Mental health
6. pre-esisting cancers
I can go on and on. The bottom line is that the military has always been selective. Not always for the right reasons, but in this case I agree with them. Another issue is that the military should not be the free clinic for people who want gender reassignment surgeries.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:12 PM

3,391 posts, read 917,364 times
Well, at least they'll get out of the draft. I'd use it as an excuse, I cannot lie. lol

I can see the cost of transition surgery to get them fit for service as whoever they identify becoming costly and it's lengthy.

"Depending on the nature of the deployment and the severity of the GD diagnosis, members may be able to complete some of their transition while deployed and take care of other aspects between deployments."

The medical costs to return highly trained military members to duty pale in comparison to the time, money, and effort required to replace them, which is why the military works to get personnel back into a medically fit status rather than simply discharging everyone who gets sick or injured. So why not provide treatment to cure a medical diagnosis such as GD? The difference is many people are not educated about transgender health needs, and social stigmas get in the way.https://www.usni.org/magazines/proce...-persons-serve

Old 04-19-2019, 05:35 AM

30,391 posts, read 20,035,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What does that even mean? They aren't 'questioning' anything. They know. I realize many here do not believe in science, but it is biology.

Are you transgender or gay? If not, who are you or anyone else to tell people they are 'questioning' their sex? If so, is that what you did--question your biology?

One is either male, female or questioning what they really are.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:32 AM

66,196 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Mentally ill people with guns and controlling bombs...
What could go wrong, with the suicide rate they have.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:11 AM

14,153 posts, read 11,582,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have no issue with transgenders serving if:
1. Any augmentation surgery is done prior to service and not on the military dime.
2. Medications are the responsibility of the individual, both to purchase and too manage.
3. No special treatment or considerations for them.

Read my many posts on the topic. I support the gay community, but the military isn't a charity institution. Unit effectiveness is impacted by people unable to do their duties due to medical conditions. A unit doesn't get back fill every time a member goes out for surgery, has a hormone imbalance, or is prone to depression.

The military excludes many from service based upon both physical as well as mental conditions.
For example :
1. Epilepsy
2.Hemophilia
3. Pre existing heart disorders
4. Age
5. Mental health
6. pre-esisting cancers
I can go on and on. The bottom line is that the military has always been selective. Not always for the right reasons, but in this case I agree with them. Another issue is that the military should not be the free clinic for people who want gender reassignment surgeries.

The military footing the bill for gender reassignment is just ludicrous. There's just no way that should be happening. They have enough trouble covering beans and bullets. Their mission is to defend the nation on the battlefield and their medical staff should be treating wounded war fighters not remodeling plumbing to suit.

The beds taken up by those getting gender reassignment should be occupied by real wounded and ill servicemen/women. I find it insulting to our wounded military that a single penny be spent on gender reassignment. I have to wonder what the Russian military's policy is on such nonsense. Lol, a rhetorical ponderance. With our people I combat having to cannibalize parts to keep our planes in the air I have zero sympathy for someone wanting gender reassignment being told no.

The bottom line here is this transgender nonsense costs money. Money better used o real military expenses. There's already to much waste in the military's expenses. There's hardly extra money laying around for transgender medical issues. There's just no justifying that just to be able to say our military is LGBTWXYZ inclusive.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:05 PM

5,343 posts, read 2,719,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Kinda like if you see someone setting themselves on fire. You don't put them out. You need a doctor to tell you that behavior shows the person is mentally ill.

Then you can put them out. Oh wait ... get a broom and sweep up instead. But you waited for the doctor, so good on you.

When did we become so stupid we need an "expert" to spoonfeed us common sense?
I can call anyone I want, including you, "mentally ill". Are you mentally ill?

Old 04-19-2019, 06:10 PM

51,670 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Wow, if this policy had been in place the past 20 years that means that we would have had 0 trans at the naval academy instead of 0. lol.

If I missed one, forgive me, just find it funny.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:28 PM

35,134 posts, read 10,375,380 times
The only ones who don't beieve in science, are those who believe that one can change one's sex.

In the absence of an anomaly (which doesn't include, BTW, feeling like a woman trapped in a man's body--or vice-versa)--one is either male or female.

That's biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies