Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:24 AM

18,738 posts, read 7,606,770 times

Advertisements

The redacted report has been released. See it here: https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
(patiently)

Barr just did.

Might those "other things" deal with the question of whether anybody else (i.e. other than Russians) committed crimes for the purpose of illegally influencing the 2016 election? Or committed criminal acts for the purpose of knowingly and intentionally obstructing the investigation into crimes trying to affect the election?
For example, did anybody set up a private email server, far from any government anti-hacking protection and Congressional supervision, to conduct official government business? Clearly a violation of law.

Did anybody have any emails from others on such an unprotected private server, marked as SECRET or other classified header? Clearly a violation of law.

Did anybody deliberately and knowingly delete thousands of emails from such a server, even after those emails were placed under subpoena by Congress? Clearly a violation of law.

Naah. I don't know of anybody who would do any of those things. Do you?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
They're already screaming over Trump's taxes.

Will they complain over his 2nd amendment stand?

His "heartlessness" over not giving enough free stuff to people who feel they don't earn enough?

Start ever more investigations into everything from his trips to Mar-a-lago to how many scoops of ice cream he had?

Re-dig up the tape about p*ssy grabbing?

Try to pretend once again that our relations with other countries are somehow "worse" that during Obama?

Feign surprise and outrage that a politician is lying again?
Well since Conservatives attacked Obama for 8 solid years and Hillary for 30, Trump has a long way to go before he gets off the hook. And as said before, it won't be too long before he tweets something stupid. Oh and by the way, Kim is launching missiles again. So much for winning.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well since Conservatives attacked Obama for 8 solid years and Hillary for 30, Trump has a long way to go before he gets off the hook. And as said before, it won't be too long before he tweets something stupid. Oh and by the way, Kim is launching missiles again. So much for winning.
TRANSLATION: RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!! Deflect! Change the subject! Discuss ANYTHING except the Mueller Report and what Trump did or didn't do!

Old 04-18-2019, 09:53 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Barr just said that he redacted some things, but they were minor, and required by law. Grand Jury testimony, classified intelligence sources and methods etc. Nice try, little ambient.
Little ambient? Is that your attempt at a personal attack? Bet that made you feel big.

Barr auditioned for the job by basically saying he was going to be in the President's pocket. He's a Trump partisan. He isn't really an Attorney General; he’s another personal lawyer for Trump. I accept there is no provable collusion, and I've said for years now that Trump isn't going to be impeached. But Barr is hardly independent, and the redactions will be engineered with an eye for sanitizing his boss to the maximum that he knows he can get away with.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:02 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
The bottom line is that there are people, including some in government, who aren't going to believe anything in the Mueller Report with or without redactions. Some have participated in this thread. Kind of like Dan Rather when he said that the story was true, it was just the evidence was false.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:09 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The bottom line is that there are people, including some in government, who aren't going to believe anything in the Mueller Report with or without redactions. Some have participated in this thread. Kind of like Dan Rather when he said that the story was true, it was just the evidence was false.
I believe the report. I wish more people esp in Congress could see it unredacted, and I wish the redaction and publication was in the hands of someone we could trust to act with independence and integrity rather than acting as a Trump lackey, which is how Barr got the job.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I believe the report. I wish more people esp in Congress could see it unredacted, and I wish the redaction and publication was in the hands of someone we could trust to act with independence and integrity rather than acting as a Trump lackey, which is how Barr got the job.
I'd be careful calling anyone a lackey when one of Barr's almost immediate predecessors was Eric Holder. Or Loretta Lynch.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Little ambient? Is that your attempt at a personal attack? Bet that made you feel big.

Barr auditioned for the job by basically saying he was going to be in the President's pocket. He's a Trump partisan. He isn't really an Attorney General; he’s another personal lawyer for Trump. I accept there is no provable collusion, and I've said for years now that Trump isn't going to be impeached. But Barr is hardly independent, and the redactions will be engineered with an eye for sanitizing his boss to the maximum that he knows he can get away with.
Yep, Barr is just another stooge for trump, in a very long line of stooges. It is beyond obvious.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:39 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
TRANSLATION: Doesn't matter what the facts show or what the President does. My mind is already made up, and nothing can change what I believe.
You NAILED IT. He displays his character every single day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies