U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 09:54 AM

10,779 posts, read 2,666,455 times

Advertisements

More from the front lines from my friend:

...a fly on wall documentary from inside the EU Parliament, boss and meetings with others, inc. Barnier, Chief negotiator. Reveals always wanted to make us a colony. Our Chief Neg, Olly Robbins asked the Parl. boss, a Belgian, if he could have Belg nationality as not want to return to UK after Brexit. Other disgraceful stuff. On BBC but tucked away on BBC 4 that very few watch, certainly not the masses. I only became aware from Twitter.

If you are in the UK I'm guessing you can watch online. Seems to me I tried watch a BBC show from the US and couldn't. I can listen to BBC radio though. (Love David Sedaris!)

Old 05-12-2019, 07:10 PM

Nigel scolds BBC interviewer: "I've never seen a more ridiculous interview than this!" He's right. Andrew Marr is an idiot. Nigel in top form!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWEm7GbvHE

Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 PM

This is what Nigel had to say about that interview later:

In February I disclosed in the Telegraph that the BBC still receives a seven-figure sum from the EU under the EU Framework programme, which provides research and development grants. It has taken millions in this way from the EU during the past decade. Apparently, none of this cash is used in its editorial budget. True or false (and who would ever know?) the fact is, it accepts EU money. It does so secretly, without mentioning this in its accounts. I find this highly suspicious.

More recently, I have been told by multiple commentators who take part in BBC programmes that they have been instructed by producers not to mention the Brexit Party in order 
to avoid publicising us.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:14 AM

793 posts, read 110,974 times
Hmm, and he claimed the BBC wouldn't mention his party while being interviewed on one of the BBC's most popular political shows?

Old 05-14-2019, 03:20 AM

11,394 posts, read 3,890,035 times
May's gone by the summer, indeed her own husband Philip May wants her to quit, as it's not doing her health much good, and she had Type 1 Diabetes.

May certainly won't be contesting a future election, and will most likely be replaced by a Brexiteer, who could take back many of the votes currently going to Farage.

In terms of the negotiations with Labour, it's not working and is futile, indeed Labours newd emand is for s second referendum, do it's reached the point where negotiations are coming to an end.

My prediction is that May is gone by the end of June or early July, if not before.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:46 AM

3,602 posts, read 1,978,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
May's gone by the summer, indeed her own husband Philip May wants her to quit, as it's not doing her health much good, and she had Type 1 Diabetes.

May certainly won't be contesting a future election, and will most likely be replaced by a Brexiteer, who could take back many of the votes currently going to Farage.

In terms of the negotiations with Labour, it's not working and is futile, indeed Labours newd emand is for s second referendum, do it's reached the point where negotiations are coming to an end.

My prediction is that May is gone by the end of June or early July, if not before.
My prediction ?
The Brexit Party to hold the balance of power after the next general election and will form a pact with a minority Tory government led by a Brexiteer to deliver a proper Brexit.
Farage has unleashed a tsunami of disaffected voters on Westminster and is running an effective and highly professional insurgency campaign.
The two-party system will be destroyed thanks to both of them being led by the worst leaders in their history and at exactly the same time.
Farage is a game-changer.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:53 AM

37,851 posts, read 14,739,896 times
So to sum up, May is packing her things, and negotiations are going nowhere.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:57 AM

6,132 posts, read 4,132,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So to sum up, May is packing her things, and negotiations are going nowhere.
What negotiations?

Its stalled in the House of Commons because both sides are too distant to compromise. The EC isn't talking, because "The deal is the deal"

Sometimes you cannot negotiate.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:10 AM

11,394 posts, read 3,890,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
My prediction ?
The Brexit Party to hold the balance of power after the next general election and will form a pact with a minority Tory government led by a Brexiteer to deliver a proper Brexit.
Farage has unleashed a tsunami of disaffected voters on Westminster and is running an effective and highly professional insurgency campaign.
The two-party system will be destroyed thanks to both of them being led by the worst leaders in their history and at exactly the same time.
Farage is a game-changer.
Unlikely as general elections tend to be very different to local elections and European elections which are based on proprtional representation rather than first past the post.

Furthermore May definately won't fight another election and the grass roots Tory Party, who have a lot of influence want a Brexiteer to replace May.

Wht would be the pint of voting for Farage if the Tories had a leader who held similar views to Farage.

Also by diluting the Tory vote in key marginals you could end up with Corbyn's Labour Party in a coalition with the SNP rather than Farages party which currently has no seats at all in coalitio n with the Tories.

That's the real problem with splitting the Tory vote.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:19 AM

37,851 posts, read 14,739,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
What negotiations?

Its stalled in the House of Commons because both sides are too distant to compromise. The EC isn't talking, because "The deal is the deal"

Sometimes you cannot negotiate.
Everything is negotiable.

The EU has already completed their negotiation of Brexit. They've made their compromises.

UK now has three choices:

No-deal Brexit.

Brexit deal.

No Brexit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or