U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 07:41 PM

23,833 posts, read 11,833,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
These migrants are not criminals, and the vast majority of them work harder than Americans do. Calling them "welfare shoppers" is a disgusting slur and shows how some people devalue people of other races.
Yes they are criminals, they crossed the border illegally thus committing an illegal act making them a criminal. No matter how you twist the language, they violated black letter law and committed a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 07:48 PM

22,697 posts, read 16,171,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...es/3513372002/

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...llot/74945032/

Maybe the ultra-liberal Democratic Las Cruces mayor should of supported our commander and chief and President Donald J Trump.

Hopefully, by the end of the year these many more of these iberal Democratic cities who have mayors who are Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters puppets become as overwhelmed with the illegals they always put before Americans with little to no federal help

These mayors need to understand that not supporting President Trump is the same as an employee not supporting their boss. Many cities get big paychecks from the federal government and their leaders should support President Trump's immigration agenda.

To bad that President Trump is so ethical and coordinating the releases with agencies. If Republicans were as ruthless as Democrats, they would release them all and immediately overwhelm Democratic cities with no federal help.

No better way to bankrupt Democratic cities then to dump desperate illegal alien welfare shoppers by the thousands and let the Democratic mayors running them worry about it.

Hopefully, this is just the beginning and the national treasure that is President and Commander and Chief Donald Trump start overwhelming Democratic cities like they are already doing to Las Cruces.
But I thought he was just “floating” the idea.

Thanks for yet more proof he lied again.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:49 PM

21,360 posts, read 14,258,936 times
Yes, in the technical and legal aspect, they might have broken the law, but when you have a choice between losing your life or breaking the law, which do you think you would choose? You don't have that concern, because your life is not threatened.

I have no problem with either increased border security or building a more effective barrier along the border with Mexico, my issue is with dehumanizing the people who are fleeing gangs, violence, poverty and corruption in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, problems that started with right wing death squads in the 1980's and military dictatorships that were funded and trained by the Reagan administration.

Iran-Contra anyone?

Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 PM

22,697 posts, read 16,171,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes they are criminals, they crossed the border illegally thus committing an illegal act making them a criminal. No matter how you twist the language, they violated black letter law and committed a crime.
They didn’t cross the border.
They surrendered to border patrol and are seeking asylum.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:59 PM

1,415 posts, read 268,100 times
Quote:
These migrants are not criminals, and the vast majority of them work harder than Americans do. Calling them "welfare shoppers" is a disgusting slur and shows how some people devalue people of other races.
The people who are in competition with unskilled migrants and illegal aliens from Latin America are primarily America's working poor. When you claim that migrants/illegal aliens work harder than Americans, you are arguing that America's working poor are lazy. That is an actual slur and it's a measure of how far from its origins the Democratic Party has strayed that this piffle you're spreading is quite common among smug, effete lefties these days.

You ought to be embarrassed. You won't be, but you ought to be.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 2,402,825 times
Quote:
Yes, in the technical and legal aspect, they might have broken the law, but when you have a choice between losing your life or breaking the law, which do you think you would choose? You don't have that concern, because your life is not threatened.

I have no problem with either increased border security or building a more effective barrier along the border with Mexico, my issue is with dehumanizing the people who are fleeing gangs, violence, poverty and corruption in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, problems that started with right wing death squads in the 1980's and military dictatorships that were funded and trained by the Reagan administration.

Iran-Contra anyone?
My friend, They are the ones who bring question to their motives. As I pointed out earlier. They have options and choices, but push to our border. Why? Because they want the USA or nothing. WE do offer up some amazing benefits compared to our southern Neighbors.

On 1 hand we hear from the left that we are too judgmental of Mexico or Panama or many of the countries between us and say El Salvador. Honest hard working people we are told. Don't call those countries **** holes because they aren't. Which is it?

I can tell you this. If I am traveling 1000's of miles on foot with my preteen children, I would opt for a country that was safer than what I left, rather than risk my children lives needlessly. But they want the golden prize and are willing to sacrifice their children to get it.

Many Americans retire to Mexico and Panama. Those places must have something going for them. Better still they also offer similar language and culture. What they don't offer is the freebies that the USA does.

As for the dictatorships under Reagan? I think they started before him, that's why he was conned into granting amnesty for 3 million illegals. The democrats don't hold the moral high ground. Both parties thrive on interfering in other countries. That's why it's so god damned funny that the democrats are worried that the Russians might have interfered in ours. LOL. many of those career democrat politicians had no issue with screwing with Libya, Syria, Yemen, the Sudan and others.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 PM

11,841 posts, read 5,015,135 times
Quote:

Iran-Contra anyone?
If you ever break the law, I hope you go in front of a judge and tell him you're not concerned with the legal or technical aspect of what you did and then see where and what that gets you.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:42 PM

8,074 posts, read 2,373,537 times
Quote:
These migrants are not criminals, and the vast majority of them work harder than Americans do. Calling them "welfare shoppers" is a disgusting slur . . . .
It is the truth for every single one of the "asylum" seekers. Literally every one of them. Whether they also work is irrelevant.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:43 PM

21,360 posts, read 14,258,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
The people who are in competition with unskilled migrants and illegal aliens from Latin America are primarily America's working poor. When you claim that migrants/illegal aliens work harder than Americans, you are arguing that America's working poor are lazy. That is an actual slur and it's a measure of how far from its origins the Democratic Party has strayed that this piffle you're spreading is quite common among smug, effete lefties these days.

You ought to be embarrassed. You won't be, but you ought to be.
Well, you're right about something, I'm not.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:44 PM

14,622 posts, read 12,116,628 times
Quote:

Iran-Contra anyone?
Honestly, how many of these 120k so-called asylum seekers jumping the fence a month are genuinely fleeing gangs, starvation, etc?

The overwhelming majority I’ve seen are overweight, iPhone carrying folks looking for a job/economic opportunity, using kids as pawns to game our week immigration laws. Every logical person knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or