Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals: Would you rather be stuck on an island with illegals or Trump supporters?
Illegals 101 80.16%
Trumpers 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 02:30 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So we have immigration laws and walls because we want to keep out people with a better tan? Are you for real? Are you not aware that the 1 million LEGAL immigrants that we allow into our country annually are Mexicans and other Latinos, not white people?

Your preferences are so petty compared to what really makes our country great. Why don't you move to another country that has mastered ceviche and do us all a favor if that's what is most important to you?
Oh, for pity's sake. I'm just treating a moronic poll with all the respect it deserves.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:34 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Illegals certainly. You'd get a swatch of ideologies but a good amount would be intelligent go getters. I'd jump off a cliff after a week on an island with Trumpers.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:35 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
OK, ok...

First of all, I've known illegal immigrants from Ireland, Australia, and other places. They overstayed their work visas. They had to go through some rigamarole, but our government wasn't leaping to try and deport them. And the people around them didn't judge them either. Our immigration policies don't seem to be really ABOUT them.

So that's where I'm at when it comes to being like, "Let's be honest, we're talking about people from south of the border, aren't we?" Some Canadian sneaks in here, you know ya'll wouldn't care.

But I've caught some heat about how could I trust or side with law breakers, thieves even... Here's a question for ya. On a desert island, where there are no laws and no one to enforce them, how long do you think before people don't CARE what the laws were where they came from? I don't really trust people who only act however they act because it's just about what they can get away with, or what might land them in jail. Illegal immigrants might be breaking laws (some...some are trying to legally immigrate but are just being blocked or prevented) but what are their reasons for that? Survival? A desire to make a better life for their families?

I trust someone who steals bread because they are starving, more than I trust a rich man who won't give a starving person bread and only has any decency if and when he feels legally compelled to it by the hazard of being caught. And who is quite willing to overlook bad behavior in others if it suits him, but screams about it when it does not.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:37 PM

35,682 posts, read 21,030,020 times
99% illegals are family people and know basic survival - soon we be fishing- have huts, a clay oven , veggies, and a canoe . With trumpeters we be all dead from the bickering and pointing fingers and trying to make me the scape goat ! My Vote 100% illegals

Old 04-19-2019, 02:39 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm a woman. I was actually sexually assaulted by an illegal immigrant once. I would still absolutely prefer to be stranded on a desert island with one, than with a Trump supporter.

I won't lie though, even if the truth is a bit cringe-worthy...I'd be thankful that my tubes are tied, either way.

Just in case. And all.
Just in case? Because you know a lot of them are rapists? You’re making Trump’s point.

So you would rather associate with a group that actually harmed people rather than people with an ideological argument against.

The hate does run deep.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:39 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Oh, for pity's sake. I'm just treating a moronic poll with all the respect it deserves.
Why make moronic comments by giving the poll some credence then?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just in case? Because you know a lot of them are rapists? You’re making Trump’s point.

So you would rather associate with a group that actually harmed people rather than people with an ideological argument against.

The hate does run deep.
Why would anyone want to be amongst deplorable trump supporters? I mean, I think that's fairly obvious.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why make moronic comments by giving the poll some credence then?
Judging from the likes the original comment has received in the last hour, your opinion is a minority one. Others get it. The fact that it annoys a few pleases me even more.

By the way, just look at that poll-- that red bar keeps creeping more and more ahead. Winning!

Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would anyone want to be amongst deplorable trump supporters? I mean, I think that's fairly obvious.
Well, the poll sure makes it obvious.

The amazing things is that - if you asked Trumpers - they would say "no contest"....that people would want those true "hard working" Trumpers over foreigners and "aliens".....

They don't seem to realize that even many Trump supporters find deplorables...deplorable. Not all Trump voters are deplorables or Trumpers, of course! That's the key here.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:46 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OK, ok...

First of all, I've known illegal immigrants from Ireland, Australia, and other places. They overstayed their work visas. They had to go through some rigamarole, but our government wasn't leaping to try and deport them. And the people around them didn't judge them either. Our immigration policies don't seem to be really ABOUT them.

So that's where I'm at when it comes to being like, "Let's be honest, we're talking about people from south of the border, aren't we?" Some Canadian sneaks in here, you know ya'll wouldn't care.

But I've caught some heat about how could I trust or side with law breakers, thieves even... Here's a question for ya. On a desert island, where there are no laws and no one to enforce them, how long do you think before people don't CARE what the laws were where they came from? I don't really trust people who only act however they act because it's just about what they can get away with, or what might land them in jail. Illegal immigrants might be breaking laws (some...some are trying to legally immigrate but are just being blocked or prevented) but what are their reasons for that? Survival? A desire to make a better life for their families?

I trust someone who steals bread because they are starving, more than I trust a rich man who won't give a starving person bread and only has any decency if and when he feels legally compelled to it by the hazard of being caught. And who is quite willing to overlook bad behavior in others if it suits him, but screams about it when it does not.
You are aware that the overwhelmingly majority of illegals are from south of our border, aren't you? Yet you have to ask why they get most of the attention? That doesn't mean that we are ok with other illegals, duh. Canadians are likely to be able to support themselves here while giving more than they are taking. The opposite is true of the poor, unskilled, and uneducated from south of our border that tend to have high birthrates also. You are comparing apples to oranges here.

So one has the right to survive by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them? Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year, take jobs from Americans and reduce wages. Not to mention overcrowding our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and the added crime one of which is committing ID theft or tax evasion which are felonies! Is that ok for THEIR survival?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies