Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals: Would you rather be stuck on an island with illegals or Trump supporters?
Illegals 101 80.16%
Trumpers 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 02:46 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just in case? Because you know a lot of them are rapists? You’re making Trump’s point.

So you would rather associate with a group that actually harmed people rather than people with an ideological argument against.

The hate does run deep.
I said, "either way."

Honestly if I were on a desert island with a man, or men, or more men than women...I wouldn't trust most or any of them for very long. Sad but true. I know too many people who only behave lawfully because there is the possibility of laws being enforced.

No police? No "reputation" to be ruined? Things would go all "Lord of the Flies" fast.

The person I know in real life who is the biggest Trump supporter, would demand sex in exchange for any work he did that benefited me in any way, in this scenario. In fact, he fantasizes about a post apocalyptic lifestyle in which I come begging to his magical survival compound in exchange for favors. He's gross like that.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:48 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would anyone want to be amongst deplorable trump supporters? I mean, I think that's fairly obvious.
What exactly makes me deplorable?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So illegal immigrants work harder than legal immigrants?
Not many legal immigrants are let in to do the same jobs so it's hard to say.

IF we let in many more working class legal immigrants...well, it would probably be even since they'd likely be the very same people who are now illegal.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Chinese immigrants are sweating on the local construction site laying cement block.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I said, "either way."

Honestly if I were on a desert island with a man, or men, or more men than women...I wouldn't trust most or any of them for very long. Sad but true. I know too many people who only behave lawfully because there is the possibility of laws being enforced.

No police? No "reputation" to be ruined? Things would go all "Lord of the Flies" fast.

The person I know in real life who is the biggest Trump supporter, would demand sex in exchange for any work he did that benefited me in any way, in this scenario. In fact, he fantasizes about a post apocalyptic lifestyle in which I come begging to his magical survival compound in exchange for favors. He's gross like that.
Your ex sounds like a real peach.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Not many legal immigrants are let in to do the same jobs so it's hard to say.

IF we let in many more working class legal immigrants...well, it would probably be even since they'd likely be the very same people who are now illegal.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Chinese immigrants are sweating on the local construction site laying cement block.
No, I think they built some railroads, though...

Old 04-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What exactly makes me deplorable?
Only about 1/2 of Trumpers are deplorable, but since the question asks in a plural manner...that is, with an S at the end of each group, we'd have a very high chance of getting some with the Trumpers mix.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No, I think they built some railroads, though...
Way back.....true. They did a lot of laundry too.....they were legal because corporations said so. Today the corporations like them not to be legal since they can pay less and have more control.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:51 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Judging from the likes the original comment has received in the last hour, your opinion is a minority one. Others get it. The fact that it annoys a few pleases me even more.

By the way, just look at that poll-- that red bar keeps creeping more and more ahead. Winning!
Sad to think that so many Americans prefer illegal aliens to their fellow countrymen just because they may have different political beliefs. You find that acceptable? I don't! I don't like the Democrat's agenda but I would never prefer illegal aliens over them as they are my fellow citizens, not illegal aliens! For shame! Your attempt at pulling the skin color/race card wasn't meant in jest either. It's what your side does all the time.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:52 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Way back.....true. They did a lot of laundry too.....they were legal because corporations said so. Today the corporations like them not to be legal since they can pay less and have more control.

That's pretty much what it boils down to.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your ex sounds like a real peach.
To be honest, he wasn't always this awful. But after a year of being basically an incel after we broke up, and then latching on the likes of Infowars and Fox News...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies