Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:07 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If a quarterback has his knee on the ground he is considered on the ground and down...

Keep splitting hairs....
His knee is nowhere near the ground when the second guy jumps on him and starts bashing his head into the ground.

I'd prefer my tax money not be spent this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Any way people want to spin this, this was excessive force by that one cop. Pepper spraying him in the face was one thing, then grabbing him and slamming him with force onto the pavement, repeatedly shoving his face onto the cement, and then punching him, way over the top.

https://www.gq.com/story/video-flori...e-unarmed-teen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsi27_Yuxes
Indeed it was.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:07 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you enjoy your taxes going to paying out millions and millions in settlements, have at it.
no, the payouts need to stop

Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
no, the payouts need to stop
They will as soon as things like this stop.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Ok some of these commenters are full of crap.

It seems like people here are saying the 15 y/o minors actions somehow excuse the decisison making of a Grown Adult who is also trained to handle himself in stressful situations.

At what point did this altercation warrant the strikes to the head, the shoving of his face into the ground? I believe that is the very definition of excessive force. I am really getting worried that so many “consertives” continue to support the ever expanding use of police force when it’s not warranted.

Lots of fake libertarians and consertives on this forums. Asking for excessive police force against people you don’t care about opens the door for excessive force against you too.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:45 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They will as soon as things like this stop.

Don't bow up to a cop....

Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
It was unnecessary on the policemen's part but kids these days are such A holes as are the parents who never learned anything about self respect or respect for others. You don't antagonize a police officer even if they are abusing their authority. I didn't have a problem with him being pepper srayed in the face for interfering but the beating and take down he received was a deliberate attempt to injure him.
200 kids show up to watch a fight, can you say losers?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It was unnecessary on the policemen's part but kids these days are such A holes as are the parents who never learned anything about self respect or respect for others. You don't antagonize a police officer even if they are abusing their authority. I didn't have a problem with him being pepper srayed in the face for interfering but the beating and take down he received was a deliberate attempt to injure him.
200 kids show up to watch a fight, can you say losers?
He was picking up a dropped cell phone.

Kids have always showed up to watch a fight. Generally just like we saw here, there is no real fight. Nobody was arrested for fighting.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't bow up to a cop....
I agree. still I see no need for that kind of force. Way over the top for the situation.
A good officer could have handled that situation much better.
It is things like this that give good cops a bad name.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
A 15 year old kid yelling at deputies and maybe getting a little too close scared those deputies into initiating force against that kid? Seriously?
While I do not condone or defend any specific action in this case, generally when ANYONE (not just police officers) is surrounded by large groups of hostile people, you are going to feel threatened. Many a wild punch, brick or skateboard to the head can be dangerous or even lethal.

Thus when LE tries to establish a zone of safety for themselves or other citizens from a large group of people, those given the order to back off would be very smart to quickly comply.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies