Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 08:45 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No one saved them. They all died. One son was sent to the USA in 1910 and that's my line. A few escaped to Palestine before the Nazis or Russians or Poles killed them.

I don't understand your point. You must, so please explain. Should I thank them for murdering entire bloodlines because they didn't like "diversity"?
And to avoid this kind of thing, people should live with their own people and not to try to change human nature.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:46 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post

Of course, the USA is not one homogenous culture, either. As a generalization, Southerners are often sweeter and will serve up their insults in a way that isn't obvious, while New Englanders can be a bit more brusque and direct. And there are country mannerisms and city mannerisms. So there is a bit of a culture clash when a white American from rural South Carolina moves to Boston, even if all of his or her neighbors are also white. That's a different type of diversity that many don't think of when they are busy complaining about their Muslim/Mexican/whatever neighbors.
Comparing fellow Americans to a completely foreign non-English speaking culture? Nope. This is petty divisiveness and it is what lefties try to do. Divide and conquer.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
So, actually you say that blacks has no fault at all in their insane crime rates?
Are all white people at fault because most spectacular mass shootings are planned and executes by white males?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Exactly why people don't want to live in areas where the predominant thinking is don't snitch because no one wants to see their house riddled with bullet holes.
Most people don’t want to live in neighborhoods like this.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 AM

78 posts, read 37,428 times
Barrington is all white. Easy to preach about the virtues of diversity from there. Must be nice living in an all white conservative town, but preaching of the virtues of diversity. Are you a registered Democrat by chance? lol

Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There is no excuse for ignorance. When you spend all your time with people who look ike you, think like you, worship like you, are in the same general economic class as you, that breeds ignorance. Funny thing about diversity. Humans are more alike to one another than they are different. It's just that the outward appearances stops some folks in their tracks. Ignorance.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:16 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
We are an interracial couple. Enough said.
This is the logical-equivalent of "I have a friend who is Mexican". Maybe, but does that mean you wouldn't have any friends otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why did Europeans leave Europe if you did not want diversity? Once you left Europe....you turned your back on homogeneity. Obviously you thought you could get something from it or your ancestors would have stayed put in Europe.
Not defending the colonizers or anything, but the early colonies were actually highly-homogeneous. They conquered this land, they didn't come here to pick fruit for the Native-Americans. And New England was pretty much 100% White Anglo-Saxon protestant(IE WASP) until the Irish came in the potato-famine. And other than the slaves, almost the whole country descended from Northern Europe until nearly the 20th century, when Italians and Eastern-Europeans started coming.

Also, a significant portion of Americans didn't want any of those people here. The only reason they were allowed in, is because the business-interests wanted cheap-labor(it is the same reason they brought the slaves over as well).

I can't imagine ANYONE who has ever come to the United States came here for diversity. The only reason anyone has EVER come to the United States, is either for money, or because they were forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
People who grow up in more diverse communities become more naturally curious about the world, not fearful of it.
Distrustful doesn't mean fearful. And why would being raised around Asians make you more curious about Asia? Aren't you more-curious about things you don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ignorance is forcing diversity on people who don’t care about it. Or don’t care for it. Let people live how they want.
I agree, but the Federal Government controls immigration policy. Short of abolishing all government, I don't see a remedy. And that will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Descendants of Africans brought to America also have European and native American blood in them now, so they're not pure African as much as they'd wish to think they are.
I think the average black person is 20% European. And the majority who don't live in the ghettos are even more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
your point is even more proof that the behavior is not due to race....but the oppression. If it was rooted in race then the pure Africans would exhibit the behavior even more so...but the opposite is true.
Blacks love to bash on whites, but the moment blacks have a problem, they come running to whitey. When they ask blacks what they would do if there were no white people, they seem terrified. It is more a "white-savior complex" than actual oppression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackpershing View Post
Studies have shown that kids that grow up in racial diversity end up being more racist in life than those that grow up in segregated areas. Read the book Nurtureshock, it's all there. Its far more beneficial for somebody to grow up in economic diversity and not even worry about the racial component.
I would agree. I was basically a strong anti-racist until about a decade ago. I loved Barack Obama's 2004 speech at the Democratic Convention. It is easy to like someone when you don't know them and you hear mostly good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I am a white male who has worked from the age of 18 until I retired at 65. I have an advanced degree partly through hard work, partly through good luck. I have more in common with the black guy across town, or the Hispanic down the block than I will ever have with the Koch brothers or the President.
This is why I always bash the White-Nationalists. White isn't a race, and most white people are scumbags. Race really means "family", and it has deep biological roots in "tribalism"(IE the way humans lived when they actually evolved into humans). Race is a bastardization of family, which was created for political purposes, either for expediency or for practicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
People won't fight for their neighborhoods, so what are you gonna do. I don't see the middle class stepping up for themselves. They seem to think they are going to benefit from this new diverse utopia.
There are a lot of factors that got us to the insanity of today. But I agree, people might complain, but nothing is going to change. And people have become increasingly-good at hiding away in their homes(TV, internet, cell-phones, etc, so you don't have to even know or interact with your neighbors, or really anyone else).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Basketball would SUCK!!
A lot of people prefer college sports to professional sports. And the average professional team of only white players or only black players would be significantly better than even the best college basketball team.

The actual skills-gap isn't even that great. When the United States sends a largely All-Star team to the Olympics, they nearly lose to many nearly all-White European teams. Even losing to little Lithuania, full of nobodies.

Basically, people really wouldn't even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And there was a feeling of unity and cohesiveness and a welcoming atmosphere I don't see in diverse communities - although I wonder what my experience would have been had I not been very obviously white.
Diversity causes disunity and dysfunction. Every honest liberal who spends any time researching the phenomenon will concede that fact. When they offer solutions to this dilemma, if you ignore the language they use such as "communication" or "integration" or "better relations" or "outreach".... What they really mean is "assimilation", both cultural and genetic.

The downside of diversity - The Boston Globe

Old 04-22-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't care what culture or language ones chooses to practice at home and nothing wrong with ethnic restaurants. Out in mainstream act, dress and speak like an American. English is our national de facto language.
What does “ act, dress and speak like an American” mean?

Does acting mean law abiding or something else?

Does dressing mean wearing clothing made in Vietnam and Bangladesh, the source of most attire sold in the US? How about shoes, most of which are made in China, Indonesia and South Korea?

Does speaking like an American mean the language imported from England? Does it include all the regional inflections?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
How those black hoodrats can enrich my culture of an educated Ashkenazi jew?

I know. I pretty much felt the same way until I met "Herbert." He was the quintessential definition of hood rat. He had been shot and paralyzed in his 20's and was in his 40's when I first encountered him. His first words to me was "Get out of my room." He was hostile, abusive , and had a giant chip on his shoulder, and I'm reasonable sure he didn't like strong willed white middle aged women. I told him that I wasn't leaving because I had a job to do. We argued and he finally consented.

We had developed a bit of a friendship while he was there for quite a few months. He had been kicked out of nearly every nursing home he was in and turfed a lot. He told me stories that would make you gulp and think. I seriously tried to talk him into writing a book together, but I'm sure there was something there that would put him in jail for life if it came out.

Granted, he wasn't an upstanding citizen, but he taught me a lesson about humanity and how broken it can become. He was saying please and thank you by the time he left us because all of us treated him with kindness. I don't think he was used to that. Had he had a different upbringing maybe it would have made a difference between him choosing that dark path over a more reasonable one.

Diversity has made me life infinitely richer. One of my best friends is from Belize and she is married to a white man. I don't see color, I see friends. Another best friend is Filipino. We met at work and I was one of a few white people that took the time to get to know her. I've been to family parties where we were the minority. We had a great time with them and are sincerely part of their family.

About two years ago the Hindu manager of the Indian restaurant we went to nearly every Friday after roller skating asked if he could skate with us. I said sure. Since that encounter we have traveled with him and his wife and now 6 year old. They have spent the night on Easter and Christmas, and the 6 year old has up wrapped around her little finger We've celebrated their Hindu festivals and they celebrate our American festivals. There is nothing but love and friendship between us. There is a little house coming on the market across the street and we're thinking about buying it and having them rent it cheap until their green cards come in and they can buy it. It will make one neighbors head explode because she's anti-immigrant and considers them disease ridden vermin. (Been drinking too much hate fueled kool aid )
In my 62 years I've learned that people are people. Some are ignorant haters, some are amazing human beings. Color and ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Underneath the color we are all homo sapiens and diversity should be embraced. Rectums should not.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:26 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does “ act, dress and speak like an American” mean?

Does acting mean law abiding or something else?

Does dressing mean wearing clothing made in Vietnam and Bangladesh, the source of most attire sold in the US? How about shoes, most of which are made in China, Indonesia and South Korea?

Does speaking like an American mean the language imported from England? Does it include all the regional inflections?

It means speaking English, not wearing a veil, and embracing the laws and culture of the US.

If you transfer the laws and culture of your native land, you are essentially importing what you fled in the first place,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies