Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 07:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
The point here is not free speech. The point is why the shirt should be socially scorned.

in other words, free speech for me but not for thee, right? the point here is that it is ABSOLUTELY about free speech. the guy has he absolute right to put what ever he wants on a T-shirt and sell it. if you dont like that then tough toenails. move to russia or north korea where you can go cry to the government about how you are offended and to have them do something about it.

as long as you live in this country though, there is nothing you can do about it except whine like a spoiled two year old that isnt getting the toys they want right now.

my advice to ANYONE offended by this, or any other, T-shirt is to grow up and grow a thick skin, and deal with it like an adult.

we have far too many entitled and thin skinned people in this country screeching about stupid stuff, and screaming for government to do something about it, or committing violence on others because they got their little feelings hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
Were we to judge by the outraged reaction of the snowflakery (the collective noun for snowflakes), perhaps the LGBTQ on his shirts might actually mean Liberals Go Ballistic Too Quickly?

P.S. And I am definitely not a Trumpster, just someone a little tired of all the political correctness BS. I guess I am just not 'woke'. (sigh)
great post there my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 07:14 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Look, there goes another one!
,,being a liberal is very serious business

Old 04-22-2019, 07:16 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in other words, free speech for me but not for thee, right? the point here is that it is ABSOLUTELY about free speech. the guy has he absolute right to put what ever he wants on a T-shirt and sell it. if you dont like that then tough toenails. move to russia or north korea where you can go cry to the government about how you are offended and to have them do something about it.

as long as you live in this country though, there is nothing you can do about it except whine like a spoiled two year old that isnt getting the toys they want right now.

my advice to ANYONE offended by this, or any other, T-shirt is to grow up and grow a thick skin, and deal with it like an adult.

we have far too many entitled and thin skinned people in this country screeching about stupid stuff, and screaming for government to do something about it, or committing violence on others because they got their little feelings hurt.

In words, if you are offended, just shut the F up and deal with it or go live somewhere else, right?.

Another great aspect of free speech is having the ability to complain about whatever you happen to feel offended about.

See how that works both ways?

I'm just playing devils advocate here. I do find it ironic how complaining your post sounds.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
In words, if you are offended, just shut the F up and deal with it or go live somewhere else, right?.

Another great aspect of free speech is having the ability to complain about whatever you happen to feel offended about.

I'm just playing devils advocate here. I do find it ironic how complaining your post sounds.

complaining is one thing, i have no issue if someone wants to complain about something offensive.

its quite another though to commit violence against someone wearing that T-shirt/sign/what ever. if i were to wear that T-shirt, and it offended you, and you complained about it, ok. but if you got in my face, made threats against me, attacked me over the T-shirt, and forced me to defend myself, i will happily watch as the cops drag you off to jail while i press charges of assault and battery against you and testify at your trial, and smile when you got convicted and sent to jail and community service.

if the triggered party just voiced their complaints, thats fine, its whan the triggered party gets violent that things change.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:09 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
complaining is one thing, i have no issue if someone wants to complain about something offensive.

its quite another though to commit violence against someone wearing that T-shirt/sign/what ever. if i were to wear that T-shirt, and it offended you, and you complained about it, ok. but if you got in my face, made threats against me, attacked me over the T-shirt, and forced me to defend myself, i will happily watch as the cops drag you off to jail while i press charges of assault and battery against you and testify at your trial, and smile when you got convicted and sent to jail and community service.

if the triggered party just voiced their complaints, thats fine, its whan the triggered party gets violent that things change.
What the hell are you on about.? You're just making up imaginary scenarios now.
There is no comment about anybody committing violence against anybody for wearing these tshirts. Just people complaining that they're offended about them, which is their right.

Jeez. Talk about triggered.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Hilarious. Though Donald Trump had nothing to do with this one, it's easy to see why he enjoys triggering liberal nutcases into their regular period of insanity.

I'll bet this BBQ truck owner is thanking the Lord about now for all the massive free advertising he's getting from people who just can't stop screaming about it on Facebook or wherever.

---------------------------------------

Northern Kentucky BBQ business getting heat for

Northern Kentucky BBQ business getting heat for ‘LGBTQ’ shirts

Smith says he has already sold out all of his shirts and has a back order for more
New 'LGBTQ' shirts creating extra smoke

by Amber Jayanth | April 18, 2019 at 10:37 PM EDT - Updated April 21 at 3:28 PM

WILLIAMSTOWN, KY (FOX19) - A northern Kentucky barbecue food truck is getting a lot of heat after advertising its T-shirts on social media.

The owner of Belle’s Smoking BBQ took a play on the acronym LGBTQ and changed it to Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump, and BBQ. Some are calling the message insensitive and hateful.

Belle’s Smoking BBQ is based in Williamstown, but the owner Jamie Smith has been traveling all over the state bringing his food to crowds for three years. Now his merchandise is overshadowing his smoked meats.

Smith says he started selling the T-shirts nearly two years ago. “I found the acronym on Facebook and I just added the Q,” he said.
Holy crap, the SJWs must be in arm waving mouth frothing frenzy. Not to mention the freak shows that make up the alphabet soup group.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
What the hell are you on about.? You're just making up imaginary scenarios now.
There is no comment about anybody committing violence against anybody for wearing these tshirts. Just people complaining that they're offended about them, which is their right.

Jeez. Talk about triggered.
Triggered just like dirtbags are triggered over MAGA hats.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Insert standard "It might not be a good idea to express that message because you might offend some people" and "Some people are too easily offended by this practice of free speech" messages.
Funny over-the-top and politically incorrect t-shirts are common at BBQ places. Most people laugh and move on. Some even buy them because they’re funny.

Last edited by katygirl68; 04-22-2019 at 09:00 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 08:44 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:

Yep, pretty much.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:50 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Default Lgbtiqcapgngfnba.

Facebook has as many as 71 different sexual orientations.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-UK-users.html

Shouldn't we just adopt a single word instead of a list of letters from the alphabet? It's going to get very messy if the groups that have been left out insist on having their letter added to the list.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/...tiqcapgngfnba/

Quote:
Peter Tatchell, who has done more for gay rights than almost anyone, is bewildered by the proliferation of incomprehensible acronyms. ‘It’s great to be inclusive,’ he says, ‘but the new alphabet soup is a confusing and alienating mess — made even worse when people get into spats over missing initials or the inclusion of initials they disagree with. The longest I’ve ever seen is LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA. This is absurd. It makes us a laughing stock and devalues serious issues around sexuality and gender.’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies