Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

Smart and humorous -- of course the liberals don't like it. They apparently think they own the alphabet now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 05:17 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
In words, if you are offended, just shut the F up and deal with it or go live somewhere else, right?.

Another great aspect of free speech is having the ability to complain about whatever you happen to feel offended about.

See how that works both ways?

I'm just playing devils advocate here. I do find it ironic how complaining your post sounds.
It shows the intolerance of the left. Have they ever considered that wearing their sexuality literally on their shirt sleeves might be offensive to those of us who don't really give a crap?

The Liberty, Guns, Bible, trump, and BBQ is lampooning the perpetually "offended" left who seems to be evolving into having ever thinning skin.

Remember when people used to shrug off things, rather than expressing their "offense"? Why are they offended now? Because it identifies themselves as a VICTIM (the admission card for the left). The more OFFENEDED someone is, the bigger the VICTIM and thus a more devout liberal.

Liberalism has become a contest of who can be the most "offended". It has the same humorous ring as the Amish arguing about who is more humble.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:33 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Because they love the victim mentality. They love political divisions and to divide and conquer. There are people who actually spend their free time looking for things to be outraged over. It's actual mental illness. Very sad.
Also victimhood status is kind of like the adult version of the kid in school who got out of having to do certain things because he had a note from the doctor or the principal. Some rules don't apply to you if you are a victim and special considerations must be made for you.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:07 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s okay to laugh. Loosen up a little. We live in a free country. Some people will say things you don’t agree with. It won’t hurt you unless you let it hurt you. You are in control. Just ignore it. You’d be surprised at how easy it is to not be offended.

I was raised in the ‘70s and ‘80s. We were taught that sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you. Is that not a thing anymore?

I said right at the beginning of the thread that I wasnt offended by the t-shirt, however that little nugget seems to have flown right over your head.

Loosen up a little Katygirl.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It shows the intolerance of the left.
(ironic, see below)

Quote:
Have they ever considered that wearing their sexuality literally on their shirt sleeves might be offensive to those of us who don't really give a crap?

What people are offended by is a personal thing.
Clearly, for example, you are offended by those who wear their sexuality on their shirtsleeves, otherwise why mention it - as are lots of people on the religious right. LGBTQ has literally no effect on anybody else lives and yet the religious right are perpetually outraged by it.

Quote:
The Liberty, Guns, Bible, trump, and BBQ is lampooning the perpetually "offended" left who seems to be evolving into having ever thinning skin.

Remember when people used to shrug off things, rather than expressing their "offense"? Why are they offended now? Because it identifies themselves as a VICTIM (the admission card for the left). The more OFFENEDED someone is, the bigger the VICTIM and thus a more devout liberal.

Liberalism has become a contest of who can be the most "offended". It has the same humorous ring as the Amish arguing about who is more humble.
Yeah because Trumpsters are never offended by anything are they?
There's a whole thread for example just started because Obama used the words 'Easter worshippers' in a phrase, and the OP over there is practically apoplectic with rage about it.

Like I said, I couldn't care less about the t-shirts, I'm here playing devils advocate.

This thread, like many threads started by the Trumpsters seems to be nothing more than an excuse to get their daily dose of rage about liberals out of their systems.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
The living Meme!
Liberals cannot Meme! It is too offensive.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
your problem is that you think that assaulting someone for wearing a MAGA hat, ither tossing a drink on them, stealing their property(the hat in question), getting in their faces and screaming about the hat and DEMANDING that the person remove the hat, etc. is somehow a joke. sorry friend, it isnt. personally i have a serious sense of humor, and i use it all the time. and i can laugh at myself, so much of my humor is self deprecating, can you say the same?

as i have noted, humor is one thing, assault is something else entirely. and yes when people break the law and commit an assault, they ARE IN FACT DIRTBAGS. dont like it? tough.

Once again, what the hell are you going on about?

I never even mentioned MAGA hats or said anything about MAGA hats. Someone else mentioned MAGA hats. This:

"your problem is that you think that assaulting someone for wearing a MAGA hat, ither tossing a drink on them, stealing their property(the hat in question), getting in their faces and screaming about the hat and DEMANDING that the person remove the hat, etc. is somehow a joke."

is all entirely a figment of your imagination! I never said a single thing about MAGA hats so how do you know what I think? You don't.
I quoted someone else who brought up MAGA hats but I highlighted the word 'dirtbags' which is what was responding to , not the flippin' hats.

This is a thread about words printed on a t-shirt.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:21 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,536,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No one owns those letters of the alphabet.

It is hilarious and since libs are so tightly wrapped they cannot take a joke, of course they are "offended". They are offended by everything.
I think it’s funny too, but then again I liked the “tasty animals” meme also. Too many angry people with blister-level sensitivity these days.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:38 AM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
(ironic, see below)

What people are offended by is a personal thing.
Clearly, for example, you are offended by those who wear their sexuality on their shirtsleeves, otherwise why mention it - as are lots of people on the religious right. LGBTQ has literally no effect on anybody else lives and yet the religious right are perpetually outraged by it.

Yeah because Trumpsters are never offended by anything are they?
There's a whole thread for example just started because Obama used the words 'Easter worshippers' in a phrase, and the OP over there is practically apoplectic with rage about it.

Like I said, I couldn't care less about the t-shirts, I'm here playing devils advocate.

This thread, like many threads started by the Trumpsters seems to be nothing more than an excuse to get their daily dose of rage about liberals out of their systems.
It's one thing to be disgusted by something, completely another to get in their face or harm them.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's one thing to be disgusted by something, completely another to get in their face or harm them.
Right, and who is getting in anybody's face in relation to anything I have said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies