Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 04:59 PM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Hannah had an underlying gentic condition, the vaccine pulled the trigger which led to her autism. Many people can get vaccines without any ill effects. Some people are genetically susceptible to really bad effects. Hannah was one of them.
No. The mitochondrial disorder itself is the root cause of the autism. Anything that causes a fever can unmask it. That includes a vaccine preventable disease and is the reason that having a mitochondrial disorder is not a contraindication to vaccination.

https://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/c...s/Jun_2008/en/

"Physiological stress triggered by external factors (for example, fever, cold, heat, starvation, sleep deprivation) may result in a worsening of the metabolic situation which results in deterioration of affected organs. Additionally, inflammatory responses associated with most infectious diseases can precipitate a clinical deterioration in an underlying mitochondrial disease. While vaccines may cause fever, clinicians caring for children with mitochondrial disease recommend vaccinating their patients since the risk of developing an even more devastating clinical deterioration would be associated with natural infection."

Old 04-22-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Very few children test normal, and then test autistic. Because of my age when he was born, my son was tested more than most children. Every test was normal until after the vaccines and then even his intelligence level dropped. His speech also regressed. Neither normally happen.
There is no "test" for autism. It is genetic, with genetic programming that determines when symptoms will appear. That timing coincides with when vaccines are being given,

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Mitochondrial conditions can be DNA tested before inoculation. Testing parent's DNA should provide evidence of a possible condition before the baby is born, and a cotton swab test after birth could confirm it or not.

I see no reason why this couldn't be exempted for vaccination. But universal vaccination doesn't have to be 100% to provide herd immunity that protects us all. If 90% of us are vaccinated, the 10% who can't be will be more protected than otherwise.

To grow, a disease has to spread. A lot of Americans never saw what an outbreak of polio could do to a town, but I did.

I watched my next-door neighbor boy get wheeled out of his house on a gurney, paralyzed from the shoulders down from polio.
I went to school with a girl who was paralyzed from the waist down from polio, had one friend with one arm shriveled from polio, and another whose left leg and left lung were paralyzed.

The boy next door spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair. He was lucky his lungs weren't paralyzed, but polio robbed him of 38 years of healthy life as a paralytic, and he died from a painful blood infection. At home, still dependent on his parents.

Just before I entered school, I remember hearing warnings of the latest outbreak in our region all summer long, every summer on the radio. When the warning came, no one went swimming. No one went to the movies, or to the city parks. Summer baseball games were cancelled. It was like being in a summer prison until the warning passed.

Like tornado season in the midwest, the polio came in waves, moving up and down the valley. When there was no threat, everyone was fine. When there was a threat, all the kids in town vanished, locked up indoors by the fear of catching the disease.

But when I entered the 2nd grade, in 1952,I was one of the first group of kids to receive the Salk polio vaccine. My hometown was one of it's final test subjects.

The adults who lived here were so terrified of polio they wanted the vaccine, even if it didn't work. Or even if it gave their kid a case of polio.

As it happened, the Salk vaccine did work. Some of the kids did catch it from the vaccine, but their polio was weak and they recovered.

And polio stopped being a summertime plague here. All those kids I mentioned were some of the very last cases the town has seen. They all caught polio in 1950 and 1951. I could have been one of them, but I was lucky.

But polio is not a dead disease. It's still around, and it still kills and paralyzes kids somewhere in the world every summer.
Testing for mitochondrial disorders is not that easy and can be very expensive. It will not be possible to screen every potential vaccine recipient for it, and the medical consensus is that it is safer to vaccinate those with the condition than not.

It's not the Salk - injectable - vaccine that caries a risk of causing polio, it's the Sabin oral vaccine.

If it were not for religious extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan polio could be eradicated fairly quickly. There have only been nine cases of polio reported so far this year worldwide.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no "test" for autism. It is genetic, with genetic programming that determines when symptoms will appear. That timing coincides with when vaccines are being given,

Testing for mitochondrial disorders is not that easy and can be very expensive. It will not be possible to screen every potential vaccine recipient for it, and the medical consensus is that it is safer to vaccinate those with the condition than not.

It's not the Salk - injectable - vaccine that caries a risk of causing polio, it's the Sabin oral vaccine.

If it were not for religious extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan polio could be eradicated fairly quickly. There have only been nine cases of polio reported so far this year worldwide.
Sorry but raising an autistic son, I know more about it than you. They do several tests to confirm.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Sorry but raising an autistic son, I know more about it than you. They do several tests to confirm.
https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/screening.html

"Diagnosing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can be difficult, since there is no medical test, like a blood test, to diagnose the disorders. Doctors look at the child’s behavior and development to make a diagnosis."

Old 04-22-2019, 05:56 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:

"Diagnosing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can be difficult, since there is no medical test, like a blood test, to diagnose the disorders. Doctors look at the child’s behavior and development to make a diagnosis."
I know that. I have taken college classes on Autism Spectrum Disorders. There are behavior and development tests to assess the child.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Mitochondrial conditions can be DNA tested before inoculation. Testing parent's DNA should provide evidence of a possible condition before the baby is born, and a cotton swab test after birth could confirm it or not.

I see no reason why this couldn't be exempted for vaccination. But universal vaccination doesn't have to be 100% to provide herd immunity that protects us all. If 90% of us are vaccinated, the 10% who can't be will be more protected than otherwise.

To grow, a disease has to spread. A lot of Americans never saw what an outbreak of polio could do to a town, but I did.

I watched my next-door neighbor boy get wheeled out of his house on a gurney, paralyzed from the shoulders down from polio.
I went to school with a girl who was paralyzed from the waist down from polio, had one friend with one arm shriveled from polio, and another whose left leg and left lung were paralyzed.

The boy next door spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair. He was lucky his lungs weren't paralyzed, but polio robbed him of 38 years of healthy life as a paralytic, and he died from a painful blood infection. At home, still dependent on his parents.

Just before I entered school, I remember hearing warnings of the latest outbreak in our region all summer long, every summer on the radio. When the warning came, no one went swimming. No one went to the movies, or to the city parks. Summer baseball games were cancelled. It was like being in a summer prison until the warning passed.

Like tornado season in the midwest, the polio came in waves, moving up and down the valley. When there was no threat, everyone was fine. When there was a threat, all the kids in town vanished, locked up indoors by the fear of catching the disease.

But when I entered the 2nd grade, in 1952,I was one of the first group of kids to receive the Salk polio vaccine. My hometown was one of it's final test subjects.

The adults who lived here were so terrified of polio they wanted the vaccine, even if it didn't work. Or even if it gave their kid a case of polio.

As it happened, the Salk vaccine did work. Some of the kids did catch it from the vaccine, but their polio was weak and they recovered.

And polio stopped being a summertime plague here. All those kids I mentioned were some of the very last cases the town has seen. They all caught polio in 1950 and 1951. I could have been one of them, but I was lucky.

But polio is not a dead disease. It's still around, and it still kills and paralyzes kids somewhere in the world every summer.
That's too bad as under 1% of people who got Polio became paralyzed. That's a tough time for your neighborhood.

I just posted this in a similar thread. It was interesting for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=TlYyZdj-Des

Since the 1970's the only Polio cases in the U.S. were from the vaccine and it's spread through feces.

There is also a new Polio-like virus going around right now. These things don't just go away with vaccines, we just get new ones. It's how viruses work. Chasing them around with vaccines and antibiotics is admirable but hopefully, we can step it up a notch in the future.

Sanitation and living conditions are better now. Hopefully, people also pay attention to their diets, etc.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
There is no "test" for autism. It is genetic, with genetic programming that determines when symptoms will appear. That timing coincides with when vaccines are being given
How large was the unvaccinated population that was used as a control group to confirm the appearance of symptoms of autism?

Old 04-22-2019, 06:28 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:

Well, they do have a test that can accurately detect ASD-related protein changes in the blood and urine. It might become standard in the future.

But, many medical illnesses accompany ASD which they can test for. Children with autism almost always have medical conditions that cause or aggravate the symptoms of autism. Treating those conditions makes the child’s health improve. When a child is in less pain he can learn better, have less aggression, communicate, and learn coping skills among many other improvements. Some children even recover from autism through the use of medical treatments used alongside traditional therapies. Recent studies demonstrate that children with autism can have many other health issues in addition to the autism diagnosis.https://tacanow.org/family-resources/medical/

You get a lot of tests when you have it. I have it, and that's how I know.

We are unique. This is why I think it's important to test for mitochondrial before vaccines are given.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:28 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Conversation between 2 people:

Person 1: "Wow did you hear Sara's kid, Jeremy, has autism?"
Person 2: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Person 3: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Person 4: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Lather, rinse, repeat like a parrot. There is no other response. Look at responses here. It's Pavlovian.
I'm not the one making up conspiracies where doctors are in on the whole plot to hide the truth for people.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not the one making up conspiracies where doctors are in on the whole plot to hide the truth for people.
"Brawndo. It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes."

Person 2: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Person 3: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Person 4: "Vaccines don't cause autism."

Don't question. Just ... lather, rinse, repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.