Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times

Advertisements

All the red states that implement abortion bans will have to raise taxes to pay more for increases in healthcare, daycare, and education. Are red state voters prepared to pay for big tax increases that will be necessary to pay for these services?

Last edited by GABESTA535; 05-16-2019 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
To protect your daughter from getting pregnant, all possible "suitors" would have to get vasectomies.
Right, which is why all men should get a vasectomy at puberty and be regularly tested to make sure it was effective.

When they choose to have children, they can have the vasectomy reversed. Easy peasy.

Helps prevent women from having to carry their rapist's child because of someone else's broken moral compass.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This is what most abortion supporters do not understand. They view prolife as an attack on women. It's not. It's a defense of the baby AND the mother. It' innate protection of the most vulnerable. Of those who cannot defend themselves.
No, you are all out WRONG. Give the government power to ban all abortion, and what will the government think it has the power to do later on? Force some women to get abortions? Sterilize some women?

Once again, if you think abortion is all out murder and unborn babies are defenseless, then why don't you go to an abortion clinic and stand in the doorway to block pregnant women from entering, rather than waste your time on here?

Old 05-16-2019, 09:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Unless you're in Ohio, they're trying to ban IUDs and many forms of BC pills because they have a secondary action of preventing implantation of ovum.
I don't see how women can stand for that. What if a doctor tells a woman she better not get pregnant again or she might die the next time around. She gets raped and has no legal access to anything like a morning after pill. I hope women make those legislators lose big time in 2020.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Society no longer has those character traits and we've been screwed up I know for the last 30 years. Divorce rate use to be 4 out of 5. And we don't want to take responsibility for our actions either.

When men and women can't stand to be in the same room with one another for more than 5 minutes, kind of makes it tough to get married and raise kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I don't understand anything of that?

Divorce rate use(d) to be 4 out of 5 ? Where do you get that number? And "used to be" seems to convey the idea it's not true anymore? (never was actually)

In what world do you live that men and women can't stand to be with one another for more than 5 minutes ?

I admit I'm always very confused as to US's way of "boys nights", "girls nights" etc, we don't do things like that here (just as "dating" is a very strange concept to us).

But even then, do you truly think what you wrote ? Is this what you are living? Because if it is, I'm truly sorry for you. Not in a snarky way or anything, it is saddening, I think.

Men and women are incredible forces, by themselves and together.
I said, 'use to' because that was the last divorce stat I knew of, and it came from the period in the 80s when I got married ... since the 80's maybe even a bit before we developed into a 'throw away' society where even our marriages don't last as long as it takes for the water to get hot.

Divorce, 1981-Style

"Throughout the 20th century, the U.S. divorce rate had crept steadily upward, with two short spikes in the wakes of the world wars. Then it surged, nearly doubling between 1962 and 1973. In 1981, it peaked at 5.3 divorces per 1,000 people — more than 1.2 million.
<snip>
Why were so many Americans suddenly looking across the marital bed and saying, "I'm outta here"?"

Americans values changed, from being principled and striving to be of good character, to that of ... what's the point in that any more.

I asked my dad (1920 - 1982) once, when I was a teenager, why he thought people get divorced. He told me, "a promise is a word that isn't meant to be broken, and people forget that."

I stopped dating many years ago, because those values have changed so much, I became no longer interested. If a man will have sex with me prior to a meaningful commitment, he'll have sex with anyone and I'm not marrying that.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Still waiting on newtovenice to cite where they found the statistic that 20% of pregnancies end in abortion.
27% of pregnancies end in abortion (CDC) [Mar 29, 2019]

Old 05-16-2019, 09:53 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
When the penalty for aborting after rape is greater than the penalty for rape, that's when you know there is a war on women.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:04 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When the penalty for aborting after rape is greater than the penalty for rape, that's when you know there is a war on women.
What do you mean by war on women? Do you mean women are an enemy? Of whom? Do you think that forcing a women to carry a child conceived of rape is an act to punish the women?

Or perhaps are people (men and women almost equally) that are pro-life simply holding a logically consistent view that a life is a life and that such a child should not be punished with death for the manner in which he/she was conceived.

Note, I do not support that view, but why the need to project a suspect motivation to people when a very logical explanation is far more likely?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What do you mean by war on women? Do you mean women are an enemy? Of whom? Do you think that forcing a women to carry a child conceived of rape is an act to punish the women?

Or perhaps are people (men and women almost equally) that are pro-life simply holding a logically consistent view that a life is a life and that such a child should not be punished with death for the manner in which he/she was conceived.

Note, I do not support that view, but why the need to project a suspect motivation to people when a very logical explanation is far more likely?
If that view be real then there will not be any capital punishment or war period ! You want to hold one banner for life. Hold them all . If it’s a religious belief - don’t let me get started / because Jesus would forgive them - period. It’s not ideal - but neither is this World from day 8!

Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If that view be real then there will not be any capital punishment or war period ! You want to hold one banner for life. Hold them all . If it’s a religious belief - don’t let me get started / because Jesus would forgive them - period. It’s not ideal - but neither is this World from day 8!
As I said, I don't hold that view. But it is logically consistent, and more likely to be the motivator for those we are talking about than because they hate women, or don't care about women etc. I like to assume reasonable and rational intent from people rather than the starting point that they are stupid and hateful etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies