Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

I started this thread last week, about the comparison of Trump rallies and Grateful Dead concerts according to someone with NPR...

Trump rallies like going to see the Grateful Dead?

I guess she heard from some of the people commenting in that thread and/or others who reacted to her comparison with similar "say what?" confusion, because a week later she was back on national TV with this follow up...

Lisa Desjardins:

OK, Tamara Keith.

And I also know you want to tell Grateful Dead fans last week, when you compared a Trump rally to a Grateful Dead concert, that you understand where they're coming from.

Tamara Keith:

And I apologize for the error.

The Grateful Dead, it turns out, do not play greatest hits when they hold their concerts.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ta...2020-democrats

Bit of a kick I thought a few of you might also appreciate. To tie the loop in any case...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 06:54 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Wrong....wrong....wrong....wrong!
I didn't find a hit of acid under my seat.

hahahahaha........................

Old 07-01-2019, 06:57 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
TDS on full display. Should be especially funny on election night 2020 when Trump wins his second term.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Not grateful dead. Ozzy Osbourne....when Ozzy was a showman who used vile shocking behavior to woo a population of fans who were demented.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:49 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
TDS on full display. Should be especially funny on election night 2020 when Trump wins his second term.
Usually at least I understand where the accusation of TDS is coming from...

Usually from somewhere not altogether fair or right, but normally with at least some connection to the thread and/or comment. Not sure I get the charge of TDS in this case, because the comparison of Trump rallies to Grateful Dead concerts is the epitome of comparing "apples to oranges." The correction on the part of the woman who made the comparison also makes that clear.

How is that TDS?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies