Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:55 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

The US is not a democracy. It’s a plutocracy. It’s been that way since the beginning.

The founders of this “great nation” were mostly rich slave owners, and they designed a system that would keep their class perpetually at the top of the food chain. It’s still working today.

The plutocrats almost lost control with the New Deal, but Nixon’s Southern Strategy and Reagan’s trickle-down economics put an end to that little problem. So things have returned to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 07:57 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The US is not a democracy. It’s a plutocracy. It’s been that way since the beginning.

The founders of this “great nation” were mostly rich slave owners, and they designed a system that would keep their class at the top of the food chain. It’s still working today.
So people can't move between Income Brackets (we don't have classes here)? Everyone starts out either rich or poor and stays that way?

Old 04-24-2019, 08:03 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The party you belong too would do the exact same thing if they could and most partisan wet dreams is their party controlling all 3 branches of gvt and having total control. Tell me I am wrong with a straight face.
I don’t belong to a party - I’ve been an independent for over a decade. I was formally a democrat, but I lean pretty conservative these days.
And yes, any other political party that ever gains the same out-of-balance cultural control of a country that the democrats currently have, will end up as deeply corrupted and bent toward fascism/ totalitarianism as the dems currently are.....

Old 04-24-2019, 08:26 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I don’t belong to a party - I’ve been an independent for over a decade. I was formally a democrat, but I lean pretty conservative these days.
And yes, any other political party that ever gains the same out-of-balance cultural control of a country that the democrats currently have, will end up as deeply corrupted and bent toward fascism/ totalitarianism as the dems currently are.....
My apologies for accusing of being a {R}. And I agree 100% both parties in total control would lead to fascism and totalitarianism. That is both parties goal, IMO fascism is already here and has been for a long time the only question left is which party will gain total control.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:32 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
They all eventually go bad, it is just a matter of time.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I'd even go so far as to say it is a sham that's been found out in these past few decades of globalization. Two people in a room stay together for a week and they start having differences. How can two ethnicity or religions or other identity politicized weapon live together in harmony? The junta, despite their differences agree on something in opposition to their common enemy(coalitions); and life seems nice and happy.

Based on observations throughout the world it seems as though the system is faulty. I looked at many elections from many nations and the pattern is similar: Two major parties fight(only 2 established ones). One triumphs but it is never a resounding victory- usually in the ratio of 48:52 or 45:55 or something of this order. What happens next? At any given time half the nation are sore losers. Psychology dictates they spend their time criticizing or trying to bring the opposition down. If the victor f***ks up they go- "see I told you so"; if they do something good the losers go- "meh, he had that going for him"; if not going full conspiracy theory on the result and how it came to be. They spend 4 years doing this and the cycle repeats.

Just my opinion and I know I'll get slandered for saying this. Everyone I mention this to says "show me a better method". What do you think?
Excuse me, but I think you're making a mistake which might just be a matter of semantics or vocabulary.

Of course we all have differences. That doesn't automatically preclude living in harmony, though. And I'm not even sure that "harmony" is the right word. We're not required to love each other. We're just required to be civil and cilvlized.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:57 PM

543 posts, read 943,695 times
Quote:
A democracy does not work and is not healthy when one party, one ideology, controls the media, the entertainment industry, all of its social media, and its complete education system. When one ideology dominates the culture to such an extreme extent as that and then starts censuring ideas and beliefs it disagrees with — that country is doomed. When one ideology so controls the culture and decides which laws it’s just not willing to obey and then gets away with it — that country is doomed.
When one ideology so dominates the culture that it decides to forsake borders and national sovereignty— that country is doomed.

Folks, open your eyes — the democrats are doing all of the above to this country.....
But this is true in EVERY nation and all throughout history(just taking a guess here). Liberals ruled for the past decade(globally) and now you are witnessing a conservative override in every nation all over the globe. As I said- the cycle goes on and on....

In America I am witnessing a revolution of sorts. People are awakening. The entertainment industry(Hollywood at least) is suffering with losses domestically(hence their dependence on CGI infested superhero movies for China and India). I fully expect movie bases to spring up in middle America which make profitable movies for their base.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

The founders of this “great nation” were mostly rich slave owners, and they designed a system that would keep their class perpetually at the top of the food chain. It’s still working today.

The plutocrats almost lost control with the New Deal, but Nixon’s Southern Strategy and Reagan’s trickle-down economics put an end to that little problem. So things have returned to normal.
I am from India- the world's biggest democracy and the biggest joke as well. Compare this chaos to our neighbor China(totalitarian one party regime) and what success they've had. They might as well be inventing flying cars in the very near future. Meanwhile here(and in the Americas or Europe) they fight among themselves based on forever changing ideologies. Mixing religion and state is bad enough there are a billion other factors to consider. No wonder most people resign and just stop giving two ****s.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
You are a Libertarian like my hero Clint Eastwood. Its a great system and if I were a citizen of America I'd be a libertarian. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative Government stay out of my property and stay away from other nation's crap.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:46 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Questioning your democracy.

Visit other countries pal.
It will dispel all those foolish thoughts the media has implanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies