Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 AM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A miserable failed concept by a bunch of miserable people. Good riddance. I hope this was a great learning experience that business don't go far when descriminating.
Judging by their comments blaming society/the patriarchy/toxic masculinity or whatever, they have learned nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Sounds like they didnt learn a thing.
Nope, I'm sure they think there's some sexist, white male conspiracy that drove them out of business. They will always be a victim, a victim of their own stupidity.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
They proved their point the hard way.

Way to go

Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I gotta wonder how they would have reacted if the workmen setting up and installing everything at their store or the deliverymen bringing them goods were to charge them 18% more for NOT being men?
I gotta wonder the mental stability of a man who would marry or become involved with a hard line feminist such as those that opened the cafe

Old 04-24-2019, 10:33 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Well yeah, you had to see that coming. Mistreat 50% of your potential customer base AND vegan?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2019, 10:35 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well yeah, you had to see that coming. Mistreat 50% of your potential customer base AND vegan?
Wonder what happens if someone walks in wearing a MAGA hat.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:36 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Wonder what happens if someone walks in wearing a MAGA hat.
I suspect they would get some added, secret ingredients.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
It is called, be tough, resolute, smart; not charge those who you think have wronged you more.. Wanna’ be in control, get equal treatment? Buck up and jeepers, conduct yourself in smarter, more savvy way.

Contrary to what is taught in women’s and people of color studies today, adulting is not about everything being a protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
So not wanting to be discriminated against means you are fragile?

I wonder if they say the same thing when a woman complains about the supposed wage gap.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:38 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
You just can't make these things up...

Feminist Cafe That Charged 18% ‘Man Tax’ Goes Out of Business

A feminist-owned and operated cafe that made headlines around the world after introducing an 18% “man tax” on male customers will be closing its doors at the end of the month.

Handsome Her, a vegan establishment located in Melbourne, Australia, will be going out of business on April 28, according to an announcement on its website.

In its struggle against the patriarchy, Handsome Her was surprised to learn “that it wasn’t only men’s rights activists targeting” the business, but also those within its own community. Handsome Her was “taken aback to find that many people in the LGBTIQA+ community have as much aversion to us using the word ‘lesbian’ as the men’s-rights activists.”

“House Rules, Rule #1: women have priority seating. Rule #2: men will be charged an 18% premium to reflect the gender pay gap (2016) which is donated to a women’s service. Rule #3 respect goes both ways,” a chalkboard in the cafe read.

How stupid was this idea for a cafe? You jack the cost up on half of the population. The women who don't agree with your stance are out. Just by default... you probably wipe out 75% of the possible customers right off the bat.

By the way... rule #1 and rule #2 wipe out rule #3.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:41 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Hmm. Can't say why I think this, but, IMO, "feminist" and "good cooking" seems like a contraction in terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies