Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 03:53 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times

Advertisements

Simpsons did it, and did it best....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Yaa_LMDcs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 04:03 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
How do people know you are Vegan to start making these jokes and such?
That is funny

Reminds me of another joke:

Q. How do you tell if someone is vegan?
A. Just wait a minute and they'll tell you.

But seriously, do you not ever tell anyone you like or don't like a particular food, or kind of food? Or sometimes it does actually come up in conversation without the vegan going out of their way to announce it.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:32 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
That is funny

Reminds me of another joke:

Q. How do you tell if someone is vegan?
A. Just wait a minute and they'll tell you.

But seriously, do you not ever tell anyone you like or don't like a particular food, or kind of food? Or sometimes it does actually come up in conversation without the vegan going out of their way to announce it.
Yeah, it sometimes comes up, but I almost never tease others about their food choices unless they get preachy first.

I do have a friend, a girl in her late 20's that is a vegan, the daughter of family friends closer to my age. She is sweet, a bit introverted, and has a great personality. Our families were sharing a dinner in Tbilisi, Georgia once a few years back at a resturant, I happened to be seated across from her. Scanning the menu, I saw a "Raw Meat Sampler Plate" such as seasoned hamburger and tuna tartar(yeah, it didnt appeal to me either), so I suggested she and I get one to share, just to gauge her reaction. She didnt say anything at first, but the look on her face was pure gold. I kept it up a bit, as if I was serious. Her parents were chuckling at her discomfort, lol. Just a little fun.

My oldest daughter decided she wanted to be vegan at age 16 once, and even asked her mother to start preparing separate meals for her (that went over like a lead balloon). After a few weeks struggling with it, I had brought home a bucket of KFC after she had worked out, and she was really famished. The smell was killing her. Lol, vegan life out the window with a delicious drumstick of the Colonels original recipe.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:15 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
even though i am pretty much a carnivore(member in good standing of people eating tasty animals), vegan cooking can be quite tasty as well. for instance, carls jr/hardees has their beyond famous star "burger". the patty is vegetarian, but does actually taste like real meat.

and i know, some are going to insult fact food as being what ever they are going to say. my advice is try it first.

and then there is stuff like babaganoush, very tasty and made with eggplant. dont judge vegan and vegetarian cooking until you have actually sampled it from good cooks.

I'm a borderline vegetarian. I like meat, but I am very finicky with it, love and eat tons of veggies and fruit and grains.

I have 3 vegan restaurants that I love.

But vegan CAN suck.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2019, 05:33 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
This is telling...

Trip Advisor - Review of Handsome Her

Top review with over 600 likes... "Avoid At All Costs!"

After dissatisfaction with the meal...

When I told her of my dissatisfaction with the meal, she morphed into an aggressive and irate woman who then started dispatching some rather vile language. Not wanting to cause a scene, I subsequently left the requisite cash on the table, which included a 15% tip, and promptly walked out. As I was walking past the register on the way out, I could hear the same woman telling the other waitress working with her that I was a "vile beast" and that I "wasn't welcome here again".

I certainly won't be coming back. One of the worst experiences I've had in quite some time.

... he didn't even mention the man tax.

51 reviews... 29 Terrible, 3 Poor

I suggest reading the reviews... WOW...

You read the reviews, and you can plainly see who truly practices discriminatory behavior. ANOTHER example of accusing others of what they themselves do.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:35 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Simpsons did it, and did it best....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Yaa_LMDcs
The Simpsons did everything best....well, up until recently when many of the newer episodes have become PC.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:00 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Wow, you should read their reviews.

Ironically, they discriminate against transgender, and charge the man tax even if they identified as a woman.

It's clear when reading the reviews there was a LOT more wrong than just their politics. Bad food, bad service and a bad idea.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2019, 10:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There is nothing wrong with the food itself, it's the people, the vegans especially. They are just wayyyyyy too preachy and nasty for me. I don't find that to be the case with vegetarians though. They seem to mind their business more IMO. I'm a carnivore as well, just thought I'd chime in on that lol.

my issue was that mikala43 seemed to be complaining about vegan food in his post, though as noted below not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm a borderline vegetarian. I like meat, but I am very finicky with it, love and eat tons of veggies and fruit and grains.

I have 3 vegan restaurants that I love.

But vegan CAN suck.

yes vegan can suck if the food isnt prepared properly, that is very true. all to often cooks tend to over cook the vegies which makes them soggy and lacking flavor and texture.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
quote: "an idea that we didn’t think was all too radical, yet the way the world responded showed us how fragile masculinity is "

Progressive liberals to generalize on you, too often this is how you come across. One, you don't think your stance is radical even though many others do, and when it doesn't pan out it was someone else fault.

Just like excuse Clinton lost to Trump is because the " racists came out to vote" or "the women haters" came out to vote".

And while these women who opened the cafe represent the more extreme side of the left, since Trump won the democratic party has gone even farther left to the point some DNC politicians would pander to these women.

That's an invalid claim, to try to pin radical feminist ideas on leftist politics.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:26 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is telling...

Trip Advisor - Review of Handsome Her

Top review with over 600 likes... "Avoid At All Costs!"

After dissatisfaction with the meal...

When I told her of my dissatisfaction with the meal, she morphed into an aggressive and irate woman who then started dispatching some rather vile language. Not wanting to cause a scene, I subsequently left the requisite cash on the table, which included a 15% tip, and promptly walked out. As I was walking past the register on the way out, I could hear the same woman telling the other waitress working with her that I was a "vile beast" and that I "wasn't welcome here again".

I certainly won't be coming back. One of the worst experiences I've had in quite some time.

... he didn't even mention the man tax.

51 reviews... 29 Terrible, 3 Poor

I suggest reading the reviews... WOW...

You read the reviews, and you can plainly see who truly practices discriminatory behavior. ANOTHER example of accusing others of what they themselves do.
Looks like they didn't give M to F trannies a break, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies