Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:22 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times

Advertisements

Lefty logic: if it’s trump he must hiding something. If its about the obama administration, all dots must connect or there is no proof so it isn’t true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 09:24 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Quote:
What is he afraid of ? Maybe he isn't as rich as he claims. Maybe he has business connections that might be suspect. Maybe he has not paid his fair share.
Over stating wealth is not a crime and scores of Americans are guilty of that one.

What are you talking about his business connections might be suspect? give an example.

His fair share according to who? are you saying he cheated on his taxes if you are the IRS will take care of that not you or your pathetic party.

You do know the reasons you listed were just to score political points so why would Trump or anyone give you are your party ammunition? Would you?

Old 04-25-2019, 09:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
If there was anything there in President Trumps taxes that were embarrassing or criminal wouldn’t the IRS gone after or leaked that info in the time between the election and the day President Trump took office?

This tax return thing is another nothing burger.

Based on WHAT?

Besides your desire to make excuses for Trump that is.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:57 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
That has not done it in the past thanks to spineless leaders like Romney and others stupid enough to give the left ammunition. Look what they did to Romney :

Quote:
The president's joint tax return with his wife, Michelle, released by the White House on Friday, reveals they paid tax at a rate of 20.5% on income of $789,674 in 2011.

he White House has also targeted Romney, who paid tax at less than 15% over the past two years on his multimillion-dollar income from a vast fortune.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ma-us-taxation

Would you give a enemy a bullet to shoot you in the head?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:07 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
If you jump in your way back machine and look at Nixon's taxes during Watergate, you will see something very similar. Nixon complied and released the requested returns It took 4 months to analyze them and come to the conclusion that he owed the IRS nearly half a million dollars in unpaid taxes and penalties.

Given that Trump's sister stepped down from her position pending an investigation into shady tax deals, I'd venture to bet that Trump does not want "some think tank " looking into his less than honest returns. He has a history of grifting with Trump U, the Trump foundation, sketchy tax schemes with his father's money and now very plausible IRS deficits.

Many people get away with tax fraud. Especially now since Trump cut funding to the IRS by $239 million. Read How the GOP's war on the IRS could backfire in Politico.

Trump just rammed through a very unpopular tax cut for the rich and we the people voted in a blue Congress because we want to see oversight. Part of that oversight is to see how much Trump benefited from the tax cut and how little we the people got in relation.

Trump is hiding something and his desperation is showing. Anyone who backs this lawless behavior is deplorable. Vote those GOP senators out in 2020. We the people need to take back this country from big money, but the only way to do it is to be informed voters. Keep voting them out until they get the message.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
If there was anything there in President Trumps taxes that were embarrassing or criminal wouldn’t the IRS gone after or leaked that info in the time between the election and the day President Trump took office?

This tax return thing is another nothing burger.
I don't think Trump has done anything illegal. I think there is a reason he doesn't want to share his tax returns though.

Once he bragged about not paying ANY tax.....even working within tax laws, that's a negative image -- the great President making America great again makes sure he doesn't pay any tax......

Or is it he doesn't make as much as he wants us all to believe.

I don't think there's any criminal -- and I think at this point -- it's as much -- what does he NOT want us to see...what is in there that he feels will have a negative impact on his image?

Right?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Lefty logic: if it’s trump he must hiding something. If its about the obama administration, all dots must connect or there is no proof so it isn’t true.
Well that's a funny train of thought.

Trump is the first President in 40 years to refuse to release tax returns. That is curious. I suspect if Obama hadn't released his -- or Clinton hadn't released hers there would have been calls of 'what are they hiding" from the right. I don't think it is just the left wondering why Trump is being so protective. I know a few conservatives/Republicans curious about his tax returns.

Also -- Trump said he would release them -- and then he changed his mind.

If he had presented a well thought out, well spoken statement early in his presidential nomination candidacy that he will not be releasing his tax return because he doesn't think that it is relevant, etc.....blah blah -- you know -- behaved like an adult -- I think folks would fuss but he sure does create the mystery and confusion and chaos.

As I said, nothing criminal in the returns -- but I suspect Trump thinks whatever is in there may not reflect in a positive way on the image he has of himself and the image he wants to portray to others.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
If Trump was hiding something, the IRS would have indicted him well before 2016.
At this point, is is all political and nothing to do with criminality, or wrong doing.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If Trump was hiding something, the IRS would have indicted him well before 2016.
At this point, is is all political and nothing to do with criminality, or wrong doing.
So if there is nothing to hide -- and he said he would release them -- why not release them?

No it has nothing to do with criminality at all.....it never did at the beginning.

Most folks believe that Trump doesn't folks to see his tax returns because there is something (I don't know what -- don't ask me -- ask Trump) in there that Trump doesn't want US all -- his fans and his critics -- to see.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Cosnervative pundits are twisting this to suggest that the claim is there is some criminality in the tax returns.

That wasn't the original goal of having Trump release his returns.

First, as mentioned 40 years of major political candidates releasing their returns suggest it has become the norm in American politics. The fact Trump refuses to play along is curious -- not criminal -- curious.

Second, Trump said he would release them and then he didn't. Why did he change his mind?

Third, And even if his 2019 taxes were being audited -- 2018, 2017, 2016 could be released.

Trump makes things worse with the way he handles it. The messaging, the flip flop.

What is in those returns he doesn't want American voters to see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies