Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the blue....everyone else doesn't. Everyone today likes to play these oppression Olympic games. It is silly to me.

Trump's twitter account is still active...he is not a leftwing sjw.

Twitter has a lot of extremists on both sides of the political aisle. There are literal white supremacy racist on twitter who are 10 times worse than black twitter-ers I've seen. Twitter in general is just social media wasteland IMO.
It surprises me that David Duke and Louis farrkhan have verified check marks on Twitter. These types of people are some dk the most racist people in America. Twitter does not ban or deplatform certain people because it drives revenue. But just be average Joe schmo Twitter will deplatform that person in no time.

As for oppression Olympics? Even white racist, white nationalist and alt right like to play victim too, just as much as the intersectional elements of the left. The reason why I stay off Twitter is due to my view points. I know I would anger an alt right, an sjw, a pro black, an intersectionalist feminist, as well as a white racist. What do all these people have in common? They like to call the police, all your employer or call your landlord in order to have your life upended. Not for nothing, the groups I have mentioned have more in common with each other than differences, especially when it comes to being the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Twitter is the worse for every demographic IMO.
On this we agree, but I'd add Facebook, as well.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
On this we agree, but I'd add Facebook, as well.
Twitter is jsut as bad. Google, Twitter and Facebook cracked down on white nationalist stuff. But crackdowns can extend to feminist and pro blacks echo chambers as well.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
-Misc. points:
1.Wonder how often a liberal will say the following on social media and it goes viral:"I am [member of minority/socio-political group] and even I find this [words indicating they find something to be either ridiculous and/or offensive or funny and/or to be true]". For example, one might say "I am an openly gay liberal Democrat who is Black and is as much of an SJW as one could get, but even I find the statement made by this person to be pathetic."

2. So not only are are plenty of White people out there that are not only not racist, they actually might go out of their way to be politically correct to others and perhaps have a self-loathing attitude because of the constant reminder of White colonialism and White guilt. That is, a cisgender and straight White conservative male might have a "I hate being cisgender and straight White conservative male but like that you are not these points"-type personality. As such, they might fear that if they say something that runs counter to the view of the person or group the are helping, that White person might have the "-phobe" or "-ist" cards applied to that White person. While being kind to marginalized groups of people is important, where one draws the line between being nice to someone and not because of White guilt or political correctness can be blurred at times.

3.I regret voting for Trump because of how he acts and what he says, though I have said demeaning things on-line and in-person. I still agree with some of his policies like immigration but how we do it is a concern. My apologies for voting for him. With the way many Republicans and conservatives act or what they say in the media, I sometimes feel almost guilty (seriously) for being a White, cisgendered conservative male. I am not changing my political parties, but any advice?

If FB is going to demonize White people that are not the alt-Right-type folks because of how they express their opinion (the type that is not hate speech by any stretch of the phrase except for those knowingly will falsely pull the racist card for attention), then the same should go for many non-White people.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
My thoughts are for you to write coherently, so people can understand what you're trying to say. Also, when you begin a sentence with the word 'so,' people tune out.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Twitter is jsut as bad. Google, Twitter and Facebook cracked down on white nationalist stuff. But crackdowns can extend to feminist and pro blacks echo chambers as well.
I'm not on either, but I almost think Twitter is worst as far as the haters go.

I listened to that Joe Rogan podcast - what a nittwit Dorsey is. I wish Rogan would have pushed Dorsey and his minion even harder than he did, but I get that he didn't want to tick them off.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not on either, but I almost think Twitter is worst as far as the haters go.

I listened to that Joe Rogan podcast - what a nittwit Dorsey is. I wish Rogan would have pushed Dorsey and his minion even harder than he did, but I get that he didn't want to tick them off.
Joe Rogan did a part 2 with Youtuber Tim Pool. Youtuber Tim Pool grilled Jack Dorsey on Twitters biased for the left. Tim Pool oints out when the left says racists, bigoted and political statements, left folks don't get banned or deplatformed, but the right does. Its either you call it a spade a spade, or just virtue signal left. Jack Dorsey said he never knew about what was going on. LOL.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:44 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Facebook banned Farrakhan today.

Along with Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, and others.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Facebook banned Farrakhan today.

Along with Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, and others.
OH well.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sticks and stones
may break my bones
but words can break my heart

(anyone who think words can't do a LOT of damage doesn't live in this world)
Words won’t hurt. You just laugh at the boneheads who sling trash talk. In anyone’s world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies