Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the current catch and rease by ICE
Yes I am in favor 10 12.20%
No I am not in favor 65 79.27%
I could care less 7 8.54%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 08:40 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I get the impression that liberals are ok with all this. They don't seem to have a heart for the poor, or the homeless in America...but they have a huge heart for 100's of 1000's of illegal immigrants. And they put them first. It baffles the mind.
It’s because they’re still butthurt from 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 09:03 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Agreed. It's not difficult.

Additionally, the people who should be in jail are the ones employing undocumented workers.
No such thing as an undocumented worker they are illegal aliens. The problem is that illegal aliens present very authentic looking fake or stolen SS numbers to work so until e-verify is mandated across the board the employers can be fooled. It has been the Democrats that refuse to pass a mandated e-verify. Of course there are those who do know that they are hiring illegal aliens also but most of those pay them in cash. How do you stop that?

Let's deter as many as we can at the border in the meantime with good physical barriers that have already proven to stop 80% of them from getting into our country in the first place. They aren't all looking for jobs anyway. Give birth to an anchor or two and they don't have to work. Certainly criminals and those from known terrorist countries aren't looking for jobs.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
No, a lot of "liberals" are NOT Ok with this. Maybe they won't say it, but no, there are liberals who don't like the situation.

But I'll tell you what baffles the mind. Trump actually seems to be THE WORST president on immigration we've had in a while, both legal and illegal. He can't stuff 'em in here fast enough. Gee, one would almost think he was a Trojan horse.

And let's not forget who set the stage for the current situation: The patron saint of Republicans, Ronald Reagan, with his "amnesty". Yeah, yeah, I know, Teddy Kennedy and all that, but Reagan didn't have to go along and sign it. But he did, and that should tell you something about where Republican politicians stand on immigration.

With that said, the real culprit over the years in terms of immigration is CONgress, on both sides of the aisle. They created the laws that have brought about this mess and have done nothing about it.

Question for Trump supporters: When you voted for Trump, did you realize you were voting for Jared and Ivanka? Did you? I sure didn't.
How in the world can you claim that Trump has been the worst on both legal and illegal immigration? What do you even mean by that? Unless you have been living under a rock you would know that Trump has been the strongest president when it comes to illegal immigration.

Reagan lived to regret signing that amnesty because the Democrat controlled congress promised to secure the border but they didn't and yes that did set the stage for millions more to come. It was a big mistake!

I agree, congress needs to work together to end this problem along with our stupid asylum policies but it has been the Democrats that have been sympathizers to both groups so they don't want to end these problems. They don't want to offend the ethnocentric Hispanic citizen voter and they want the flow of future voters to continue so they can stay in power forever.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:18 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Illegals should be caught and deported ASAP. No hearings, just plain deported. But since we can't do that, ICE should catch and then release them in sanctuary cities.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:20 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Trump never was going to allow Illegals to be released by ICE into cities. It was his way to make a statement about the utter hypocrisy of Sanctuary Cities, and Sanctuary States. It worked brilliantly. Trump is playing Chess, the Dems and Media are playing idiocy.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Illegals should be caught and deported ASAP. No hearings, just plain deported. But since we can't do that, ICE should catch and then release them in sanctuary cities.

Fly 'em to Hawaii and dump them there. That way they can't easily migrate to non-sanctuary areas.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:23 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
No. They should make them apply for asylum in their home country. But since that apparently goes against the law and we are forced to let them apply at a port of entry and we are not permitted to keep them in detention centers until their hearing I'm not sure what else we can do.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:24 AM

18,717 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Are u in favor of ICE releasing 1000's of illegals into US cities?

No.

But since Democrat-supported laws and court cases make it necessary, I strongly agree with President Trump's new policy of releasing them only in cities that the Democrats have proudly proclaimed to be "Sanctuary Cities"... until the illegal aliens show up there.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:46 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
No, a lot of "liberals" are NOT Ok with this. Maybe they won't say it, but no, there are liberals who don't like the situation.

But I'll tell you what baffles the mind. Trump actually seems to be THE WORST president on immigration we've had in a while, both legal and illegal. He can't stuff 'em in here fast enough. Gee, one would almost think he was a Trojan horse.

And let's not forget who set the stage for the current situation: The patron saint of Republicans, Ronald Reagan, with his "amnesty". Yeah, yeah, I know, Teddy Kennedy and all that, but Reagan didn't have to go along and sign it. But he did, and that should tell you something about where Republican politicians stand on immigration.

With that said, the real culprit over the years in terms of immigration is CONgress, on both sides of the aisle. They created the laws that have brought about this mess and have done nothing about it.

Question for Trump supporters: When you voted for Trump, did you realize you were voting for Jared and Ivanka? Did you? I sure didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How in the world can you claim that Trump has been the worst on both legal and illegal immigration? What do you even mean by that? Unless you have been living under a rock you would know that Trump has been the strongest president when it comes to illegal immigration.

Reagan lived to regret signing that amnesty because the Democrat controlled congress promised to secure the border but they didn't and yes that did set the stage for millions more to come. It was a big mistake!

I agree, congress needs to work together to end this problem along with our stupid asylum policies but it has been the Democrats that have been sympathizers to both groups so they don't want to end these problems. They don't want to offend the ethnocentric Hispanic citizen voter and they want the flow of future voters to continue so they can stay in power forever.

Yes, President Reagan said his biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security. It didn’t happen then, and it’s not going to happen now if we do this in the wrong order.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:50 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times
We should be bussing these poor immigrants to every sanctuary city awaiting their "hearing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies