Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:17 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And you are free to vote for the con-servative standard bearer the grifter birther-in-thief who is currently squatting in The White House...if he makes it that long.
Trump drives me crazy, but I think the Democrats are crazy now. They are far more of a danger to this country than Trump at this point. And I don’t want it to be that way. I want real choices, but y’all are forcing more and more people into the Trump camp every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 12:59 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Trump drives me crazy, but I think the Democrats are crazy now. They are far more of a danger to this country than Trump at this point. And I don’t want it to be that way. I want real choices, but y’all are forcing more and more people into the Trump camp every day.
So you would compare Senator Warren, who set up a Consumer Protection Bureau to protect average Americans to Trump, a lifetime grifter who ripped off fellow Americans at his bogus university and stiffed hard working American contractors out of payments due them. That is a toss up for you? Really? My ten year old niece has enough smarts, empathy and integrity to find that choice and stark difference in character a no-brainer.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-26-2019 at 01:34 AM..

Old 04-26-2019, 02:03 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
How is any salary decided and how is value assessed on anyone's labor? What value do the CEO's have that have screwed over the public and the economy but somehow we find the corporate welfare and bailouts for their golden parachutes.

Again, well worth the cost if the care is quality.
So she wants to put a ceiling on the price that can be charged for the service and dramatically increase the cost of production. This is sure to go just as she has forecasted. Sounds like AOC is drafting her policy.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
I would not want Warren in charge of picking up my trash, let alone being in charge of this country.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:12 AM

376 posts, read 240,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And where is the money going to come from to pay childcare workers, with a high school diploma, that kind of money? One of my best friends earns more than $90,000 a year, with summers off.

Why do weird Democrats on this forum think a job that requires no higher education than a high school diploma, and involves work that a responsible teenager could do, should pay the same as a college-educated professional?
The trillions stashed in offshore tax havens

Old 04-26-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
So you would compare Senator Warren, who set up a Consumer Protection Bureau to protect average Americans to Trump, a lifetime grifter who ripped off fellow Americans at his bogus university and stiffed hard working American contractors out of payments due them. That is a toss up for you? Really? My ten year old niece has enough smarts, empathy and integrity to find that choice and stark difference in character a no-brainer.
You have to realise that some people don't actually care about others outside of their immediate vicinity and like to believe made up fairytales like Trump, a billionaire documented *********, as some sort of blue collar hero.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I find it startling that you can’t see the inherent flaws in this plan. Y’all want open borders, $15.00 minimum wage, and an additional 45% of women entering the workforce all at the same time. And don’t forget the looming massive job losses due to automation that they keep promising is coming. All this while they want to put an end to the backbone of our economy and manufacturing base by eliminating fossil fuel extraction (yet more job losses, and well paying ones too). Do y’all ever think?
Eh? Those like AOC want to move away from fossil fuels to renewable green energy to create millions of green jobs. What don't you understand about moving from one industry to the other to save our planet and provide good-paying jobs at the same time?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
If people babysitting young children want to be paid the same as those who went to college to become a teacher, and then develop and deliver on lesson plans, give extra attention to those falling behind while simultaneously engaging the "fast leaners," and then sometimes stay up late in the evening grading papers, then they need to go to college to become a teacher (if they are smart enough and motivated enough to do so).

Disclosure: Mom was a teacher. It is an insult to pay babysitters what she earned, especially after the sacrifices she made to go to college (which included working her way through).

Old 04-26-2019, 06:03 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If people babysitting young children want to be paid the same as those who went to college to become a teacher, and then develop and deliver on lesson plans, give extra attention to those falling behind while simultaneously engaging the "fast leaners," and then sometimes stay up late in the evening grading papers, then they need to go to college to become a teacher (if they are smart enough and motivated enough to do so).

Disclosure: Mom was a teacher. It is an insult to pay babysitters what she earned, especially after the sacrifices she made to go to college (which included working her way through).
You do realize that many daycares DO have lesson plans and offer much more than babysitting, right? They don’t just sit around doing nothing all day. Many do have college degrees. I have met people who actually had teaching degrees and certifications who were working in daycares.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Leftists already complain about the cost of child care and here they are cheering on increasing those costs dramatically. The inconsistencies and hypocrisy among them is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies