Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 09:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You don't understand either one of those if you think turning in vaccine records to the school is a violation of same.

I fully understand FERPA and HIPPA. I am not sure if you or others speaking about the bill in Colorado understand what it says.

If one turns their vaccination records or exemption forms to the school, those records are protected by FERPA. If one turns their records in the Department of Health as would be required by the Bill for exemption forms, they are protected by neither. Why should parents have to give up their right to privacy when it comes to private health information just because theydid not vaccinate for everything on the schedule and legally exercised their right to an exemption? It’s not right.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:20 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Cheering for the loss of freedom is beyond mindblowing.
SCOTUS needs to reinforce the right of the people to not be vaccinated.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Why won’t you answer my question?

Does it bother you to have to provide sensitive personal and financial information in order to register your kid for public school? Isn’t that also a loss of freedom if you consider filling out a standardized waiver form as such?

When you do, I’ll answer yours.
Because your question is not relevant. You don’t understand the Bill that has been proposed in Colorado at all. You’re also showing a lack of understanding of FERPA.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:22 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
SCOTUS needs to reinforce the right of the people to not be vaccinated.
Given there’s no state law or proposed state law allowing for forcible vaccination, exactly what would they review??

Old 05-02-2019, 09:25 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
To put this in perspective, the FDA says aluminum in IV feeding bags must not exceed 25 micrograms per liter, and that even smaller amounts (5 micrograms/kg bodyweight/day) pose dangers to premature babies.

The FDA’s position seems to be that infants should not be exposed to more than 5 micrograms of injected aluminum from an IV, but that it is safe for them to be exposed to a dose of 366 micrograms of injected aluminum in a DTaP vaccine, or sometimes more than 1,000 micrograms of aluminum when multiple shots are given in one day. This makes no sense.
It makes sense if you understand the kinetics.

IM aluminum is not absorbed into the blood all at once. IV aluminum, by definition, is.

"Our results indicate that body burdens following maximal exposure to aluminum adjuvant do not exceed those based on an accepted regulatory standard of safe aluminum levels, i.e.,the MRL established by ATSDR."

https://vaccinepapers.org/wp-content...inum-paper.pdf

Math at the link for those interested.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Do you feel it’s important for your private medical records to be protected by law? HIPPA and FERPA if turning them into the school. Why or why not?
You sign away your HIPAA (not HIPPA) rights every time you wish for your health insurance to pay a medical claim. You want your child to attend a public event, school, sports, etc... prove they were vaccinated.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Why won’t you answer my question?

Does it bother you to have to provide sensitive personal and financial information in order to register your kid for public school? Isn’t that also a loss of freedom if you consider filling out a standardized waiver form as such?

When you do, I’ll answer yours.
One has to for most employers/corporations, so children may as well get used to it.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:30 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Because your question is not relevant. You don’t understand the Bill that has been proposed in Colorado at all. You’re also showing a lack of understanding of FERPA.
It is relevant to the claim of “loss of freedom”. If filling out a form and providing information about vaccination waivers is a “loss of freedom” then filling out ANY forms for school enrollment is also a “loss of freedom”.

If I don’t want to provide my child’s birth certificate or documentation proving my address, I can’t enroll them in public school. Just like you can’t if you refuse to fill out the standardized waiver form. There’s no difference.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
It is relevant to the claim of “loss of freedom”. If filling out a form and providing information about vaccination waivers is a “loss of freedom” then filling out ANY forms for school enrollment is also a “loss of freedom”.

If I don’t want to provide my child’s birth certificate or documentation proving my address, I can’t enroll them in public school. Just like you can’t if you refuse to fill out the standardized waiver form. There’s no difference.
There’s no point in discussing this Bill with you if you don’t even know what it says and what it will do. Do you understand that medical information is protected in different ways then other information? I would hope so.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:40 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
This is what the bill does if it passes:

The bill requires the department of public health and environment (department) to:

Develop a standardized form and submission process to claim a medical exemption to an immunization; and
Develop a standardized form and submission process to claim a religious or personal belief exemption to an immunization.

Filling out a form isn’t a “loss of freedom”. You have to go the school to register your child prior to the first year they attend public school. This would be just one more form to fill out, sign and date.

And even if you don’t fill out the form, no one will come to your house and force a vaccination on your child. Parents in Colorado can refuse vaccination today and will be able to do so if the bill passes.

There’s no law in any state or proposed law to to forcibly vaccinate anyone. Do you admit that’s true or if not can you provide a link to the law and/or proposed legislation? If not your histrionics about “loss of freedom” are unfounded.
Well, at least you bothered to look up and quote the bill. It does not only relate to religious or personal belief exemption, but MEDICAL ones as well. Too many parents getting medical exemptions in California?

Not going to link it, but Kyle Mullica, who sponsored this bill is an RN. Surprise!!!!!! Colorado's answer to California's Dr. Pan? I also read that he originally wanted to sponsor a bill totally eliminating Religious and Personal Exemptions, but was told that the Governor would never sign it. Would there be enough votes in the legislature to override Governor's veto?

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/2...ne-exemptions/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies