Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Because everyone knows he doesn't like the press. It was a joke.
The truly deranged and obsessed are devoid of a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 05:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,421,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
i wonder how kids that have parents working in the alcohol or tobacco companies felt about this statement?

Old 04-29-2019, 06:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What a moron. Saying he likes the kids more than their parents.
Have you ever been a little league coach or a soccer coach? Yeah you absolutely hate the parents by the end of it. Not all of the parents. Just the ones living vicariously thru their children. I saw Trumps joke for what it was. A bit flat, but understandable. The press basically declared war on Trump the day he announced he was running. He isn't innocent, but his hatred for those reporters is understandable.

The question begs. Given how they feel about Trump why the hell were they even there? Oh yeah, maybe the kid would give them a chance for an exclusive?

Old 04-29-2019, 09:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Have you ever been a little league coach or a soccer coach? Yeah you absolutely hate the parents by the end of it. Not all of the parents. Just the ones living vicariously thru their children. I saw Trumps joke for what it was. A bit flat, but understandable. The press basically declared war on Trump the day he announced he was running. He isn't innocent, but his hatred for those reporters is understandable.

The question begs. Given how they feel about Trump why the hell were they even there? Oh yeah, maybe the kid would give them a chance for an exclusive?
I was shocked that the children of the press were lined up there listening to a person who constantly derides their parents. Very odd (Maybe they were children of the right wing media?) And Trump didn’t disappoint. He acted like an a$$, as usual.

The press didn’t start out disliking Trump. They covered every word he uttered for a year after he came down that elevator. I am a political junkie and watched every night to see what crazy thing Trump said or did. The press loved him because he was great for ratings—a real circus.

Trump is like any dictator. He wants to keep the people of the country from believing the press. And to a certain extent he has succeeded, at least with his base. We better watch out. Trump acts more like a dictator every day. Do you want your freedom to disappear?

Old 04-29-2019, 10:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I was shocked that the children of the press were lined up there listening to a person who constantly derides their parents. Very odd (Maybe they were children of the right wing media?) And Trump didn’t disappoint. He acted like an a$$, as usual.

The press didn’t start out disliking Trump. They covered every word he uttered for a year after he came down that elevator. I am a political junkie and watched every night to see what crazy thing Trump said or did. The press loved him because he was great for ratings—a real circus.

Trump is like any dictator. He wants to keep the people of the country from believing the press. And to a certain extent he has succeeded, at least with his base. We better watch out. Trump acts more like a dictator every day. Do you want your freedom to disappear?
Why were the children even there in the first place? Seriously, the press cannot stand Trump, Trump cannot stand the press...why in the world would they bring their children to such an event? Wouldnt they want their kids as far away from Trump as possible?

Old 04-29-2019, 10:45 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It was the Hillary camp that started the birther thing...

altho there were clinton supporters among the early birthers ( the PUMA's ) they were not connected to clinton or her campaign.

The Secret Origins of Birtherism | Bullspotting

Old 04-29-2019, 11:53 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Don, are you OK?

Old 04-30-2019, 12:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
THIS made the hair on the back of your neck stand up? I have to wonder if you pay attention to the world at all.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:32 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

I don't say anything about the "great Presidents", however, I do have things to say about Donald Trump. How you can consider a bumbling, inept, unintelligent, divisive, divisivedo nothing as being "great" is something I have a very hard time understanding.

The man has done nothing in two years except drive a wedge down the middle of America, pander to 3rd world Dictators, and put America into a very embarrassing situation around the world. Two words that should never be used in the same sentence...…..Trump and Great.
" bumbling",?

"inept" prove it.

" unintelligent" Graduated from college AND has MASTERS DEGREE in business. I thought the left put anyone with a "higher" education on a pedestal? Unless you ONLY mean lefties with a college degree.

Took a few million and turned it into BILLIONS. what is YOUR life story?

"divisive" NO more so then Obama, reid, pelosi shumer, etc.

"lazy" Those that no him call om a workaholic. Have you ever even MET him and been around for a day n order to ma such a baseless claim? I think NOT!

"divisive do nothing as being "great" is something I have a very hard time understanding."

Not surprised.

As they say, "When you keep your cool when everybody else loses theirs, maybe YOU have grasped the situation!"

All I see is a bunch of baseless accusations with NOT A THING to back them up!

Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Trump has been complaining about the press all along. Many of them have been complaining about him all along. He was bringing a little lightness into it.

TDS really makes people lose their sense of humor and their perspective. Completely.
"Trump has been complaining about the press all along."

ONLY after the press STARTED IT. He is a counter puncher.

The press has NEVER been made to back up their lying stories.

As they say, "If you CAN'T take IT, DON'T dish it out!"

The press dishes out PLENTY but like most snowflakes can't stand it when someone does to them what THEY DO TO OTHERS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies