Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 12:10 PM

983 posts, read 3,598,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
As a Black 34 y/o man I am totaly lost for words as it relates to black youth. There is not a day that goes that I do not see black youth acting like animals and being disrespectful. I don't know who's worse the boys or the girls. It is no secret as to the way thwey act.

I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I guess when 70% are born to single family homes this is the end result. Please don't come in this thread blaming whites and racism. I am sick of it. These bad kids are the REAL terrorists. I am not as concernd about Bin laden killing as i am about black youth. Not all black youth but a hell of alot of them!!!

Before someone says it I'll say. I know white kids are unruley also but nowhere near this black youth. I mean i see it every single day. On occassion I'll see white kids acting out but I will say they are always respectful towards adults.
This is a generalization, but I think proportionally there are just as many bad behaving white kids. It's just that they act out their naughtiness in a more "sophisticated" way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
This is a generalization, but I think proportionally there are just as many bad behaving white kids. It's just that they act out their naughtiness in a more "sophisticated" way.
The problem is that only 12% of the US population is black. Therefore, a much high percentage of the black youth is acting out in comparison to the white youth. The same goes for the prison population in the US, there's something very very wrong if blacks are making up 41% of the prison population when they are only 12% of the general population. If all things were equal... racially, then then blacks should only be making up 12% of the US prison populations.

Quote:
Blacks made up 41 percent of the nation's 2 million prison and jail inmates in 2006. Non-Hispanic whites made up 37 percent and Hispanics made up 19 percent.
Census: More blacks, Latinos live in cells than in dorms - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/census.prisons.ap/index.html - broken link)

Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times
Quote:
Blacks made up 41 percent of the nation's 2 million prison and jail inmates in 2006. Non-Hispanic whites made up 37 percent and Hispanics made up 19 percent
Look at how vastly underrepresented Whites are in the prison population. They are the majority of the population in this country yet they makup only 37% of the inmate population. I am convinced that if Whites were only 12% of the U.S population they would make up less than 1% of those locked up behind bars.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,000 times
Yes, but all things aren't equal, which is why we see blacks being imprisoned disproportionately. It is not simply a matter of young black people "acting out" more - young black men get locked up for behaviour that young white men get probation, boot camp or a good attorney.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The problem is that only 12% of the US population is black. Therefore, a much high percentage of the black youth is acting out in comparison to the white youth. The same goes for the prison population in the US, there's something very very wrong if blacks are making up 41% of the prison population when they are only 12% of the general population. If all things were equal... racially, then then blacks should only be making up 12% of the US prison populations.

Census: More blacks, Latinos live in cells than in dorms - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/census.prisons.ap/index.html - broken link)

Old 11-11-2008, 02:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Yes, but all things aren't equal, which is why we see blacks being imprisoned disproportionately. It is not simply a matter of young black people "acting out" more - young black men get locked up for behaviour that young white men get probation, boot camp or a good attorney.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
I don't know about that....the best attorney my brother ever had was a court appointed one.

Still, I don't discount your point alltogther.....

Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,783 times
The answer is simple: BEAT YOUR KIDS! Black people used to be notorious for beating their kids and now they just let them run around doing whatever with whomever and the most they do is yell at them.

But seriously, a little spanking along with a good example go a long way. The problem is that it's the most ignorant people that always reproduce the most so they're breeding like crazy and teaching their litters nothing. I'm not black, I'm hispanic but I see this with uneducated hispanics as well. It's always that idiot that decided to sell drugs or join a gang (or both) or just be plain "ghetto" that goes around sticking his thing in any little girl stupid enough to let him. They ditch school to be bored at home which leads to teenagers having unprotected sex which leads to teenagers having babies. Meanwhile, their parents, if they are decent people, are too busy working to control these morons. Yet, they let their religious upbringing stop them from teaching their kids to at least wear condoms to prevent pregnancy. Like I said, the ignorant breeding more ignorance.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
How about these misbehaving black youths are determined to come from single parent broken households and that their parent is deemed unfit or unable to control them. But in white households with errant white youths, there is more likely to be two parents available or more family support in general (emotionally and financially) to turn those youths around. And if the black youths in court are unable to make reasonable arrangements to make financial restitution to cover the results of their bad behaviour, then of course they are more likely to be locked up. With adults, it's the same way. More prison time for those that can't show that they can turn their lives around and pay their victims in a timely manner.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
The answer is simple: BEAT YOUR KIDS!
White folks won't let us, they call it child abuse...

YouTube - Eddie Murphy-Delirious ( hitting )

Last edited by ovcatto; 01-09-2009 at 11:59 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM

297 posts, read 841,758 times
Many counterpoints, and you can call it "blaming" but I like how we quickly we all forget...

1) it has been barely 2 generations ago that black people were not ALLOWED to be educated, and many do lack some basic skills TO teach to their children.

2) the crack era of the 80's has killed our people. Again, we forget. How many mothers were strung out, or overdosed, or left children to fend for themselves? You know what happened? Their children became single parents with ZERO parenting skills.

3) there is complaints about the welfare rolls, but the system will not allow a single mother to get an education so that she may properly remove herself from the system. We want these mothers to "work" and often times that ends up being in multiple jobs to support the family. Who is raising their children? No one.

4) And like many others have responded (I did NOT read the entire thread), what are YOU DOING? Are you a mentor to a young black man or woman? No? Didn't think so. Do you volunteer to help kids get their reading and math scores up to par? No? didn't think so on that one either. Do you do ANYTHING to try to HELP?

(((If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!!!!!!)))

Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
The answer is simple: BEAT YOUR KIDS! Black people used to be notorious for beating their kids and now they just let them run around doing whatever with whomever and the most they do is yell at them.

But seriously, a little spanking along with a good example go a long way. The problem is that it's the most ignorant people that always reproduce the most so they're breeding like crazy and teaching their litters nothing. I'm not black, I'm hispanic but I see this with uneducated hispanics as well. It's always that idiot that decided to sell drugs or join a gang (or both) or just be plain "ghetto" that goes around sticking his thing in any little girl stupid enough to let him. They ditch school to be bored at home which leads to teenagers having unprotected sex which leads to teenagers having babies. Meanwhile, their parents, if they are decent people, are too busy working to control these morons. Yet, they let their religious upbringing stop them from teaching their kids to at least wear condoms to prevent pregnancy. Like I said, the ignorant breeding more ignorance.
That's a bit fringe..a bit insane actually.....but my black hispanic mother used to whoop my behind. Look how I turned out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies