U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:32 AM

405 posts, read 1,130,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm31091 View Post
Florida was ALWAYS hot. Global warming has caused, so far, about a 1 degree avg temp increase across the US. Global warming has NOT made a difference in heat yet. It's ALWAYS been hot in Florida and the south. Yes, even in these months it can be hot.
I was born and rasied in South Florida, and the temperature hasn't changed one bit in 40+ years. We spent many a Christmas day on the beach when I was growing up.

You must have read the new book by Al Gore - "I'm not dead, just my political future is!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 01:14 PM

88 posts, read 67,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
And ill go with the facts and what scientists are saying about global warming.
Oh how I wish I was in Oil city with its mild 45 degrees in the winter
here its over 80 and im sweating!
LISTEN TO WHAT EVERYONE IS TELLING YOU - STOP IGNORING EVERYONE TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

It's ALWAYS been that way in Florida. ALWAYS.

Scientests have been wrong many times, and I think you're naive to trust them. If you're so scared about global warming, go to Canada...but don't whine about something which we've seen absolutely no solid proof of (please don't link me to a thousand global warming websites for saying this). I realize the earth is warming - but we have no proof of bad things happening from this. So be quiet, or move to Canada.

45 degrees is NOT mild. I don't care where you're from. 45 degrees is not warm by almost any stretch.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Wait a minute! Florida and the Southern States are already too hot for those not from there and those who live there.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,898,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm31091 View Post
45 degrees is NOT mild. I don't care where you're from. 45 degrees is not warm by almost any stretch.
I always thought "mild" meant a gentle cold or chill.

"Mild" in Toronto means if it's windy, your ears probably won't sting.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Wait a minute! Florida and the Southern States are already too hot for those not from there and those who live there.
You make it sound like it's too hot for everyone.

You seem to be forgetting the few people from up North who think northern summers aren't warm enough.
I've also met a few people from the South who actually like their summers as well.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 PM

872 posts, read 3,223,531 times
Sorry but you're stupid if you move to Florida and expect it to be below 60 on Christmas day. (Using you're in general.)

Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,950,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
I was born and rasied in South Florida, and the temperature hasn't changed one bit in 40+ years. We spent many a Christmas day on the beach when I was growing up.

You must have read the new book by Al Gore - "I'm not dead, just my political future is!"
LOL Good point!!!

To the author of this thread, may I bring up the super cold spell you guys had this month? Snowflakes in Tampa? Remember that? Id say you guys have had quite the cold month, with a hot spell tossed in at the moment.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_time_Blues View Post
Sorry but you're stupid if you move to Florida and expect it to be below 60 on Christmas day. (Using you're in general.)
I believe most of these people wishing for cold Christmas's didn't move to Florida, they were born there. So they aren't stupid!

Just as I love summer's above 85 F and I live in Canada.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:25 PM

546 posts, read 2,235,424 times
If glaciers are melting, why don't scientists create some type of machine that can convert water into energy?!

Just a thought. .

Old 12-23-2006, 12:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 33,426,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
No offense to folks who believe in global warming, I don't buy into it at all. Chew on this one, 2005 30 hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean, in 2006 1 tropical storm!
Alright~someone who also believes the same way that I do about "global warming". From 1555 until 1855 we had a mini ice age and we're warming up nicely from that. More then likely the people that were going through that were afraid that the earth would freeze over and become one giant glacier. The glaciers are now back to where they were 600 years ago. It's just part of the earth's ever changing patterns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or