Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 03:19 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...cid=spartandhp

It's about time! As I reside not far from Vancouver BC, it's easy to see what Asian demand has done to their housing market together with the "buy your way in" visa's offered by the USA and Canada. Homes are bought for millions of $$$$$$$$$ and sit empty, while Asian buyers are competing with citizens of those area's that can barely afford housing as is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
I live in Cali. Immigration, particularly Asian, has made it impossible for people who have lived here their entire lives to buy homes here.

I have mixed feelings about it. I actually greatly appreciate the Asian community, east and south Asian, for setting a good example for the rest of America with their behavior, and since I bought a house, I want those property values to go up and up. I believe in free markets.

But it is sad to see a kind of gentrification of American neighborhoods, especially since mine was once heavily Hispanic and somewhat black. They are both still here, but it seems like less so every day. The black people are segregated to a certain part side of town now, and every time there is a house sale you see a Hispanic face gone.

It would be nice if there was still room for everybody.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:10 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
I am of Asian descent myself and its NOT good for foreigners especially from China to be buying up America. Its bad enough that Canadian and European companies are already taking over large chunks of our economy. I have a big problem with foreign nationals owning real estate in the United States. If someone comes LEGALLY and becomes American that's different.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
It dropped because China had a new policy since two years ago. Nobody is allowed to take over $50k out of China per year.
Special needs (college tuition etc.) need a lot of paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies