Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 01:49 PM

2,828 posts, read 823,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You all need to face facts, this country is severely divided right now, and there is ugly behavior on both sides. I am not a violent person, but I have to admit that seeing someone wearing one of those stupid red hats is like them shoving our noses in it and them looking for a confrontation. I find them upsetting.

We've never seen this level of hatred and divide, and it is all because of one man, Donald J Trump. You never saw this much discord with Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc. Trump has fanned the flames and poured gasoline on them to make sure there is "his side" and then everyone else.

I can only hope the next guy/gal in this office is able to do things to get us back to normalcy in America. The current clown in office has been like a one man wrecking crew...…….and not in a good way.
These people have the right to wear any hat they want and this country is divided because of Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Then you better get down on your knees and thank Obama for that great economy and low unemployment, Trump rode in on his coattails. IN SPITE of Trump, the economy has remained ok, not BECAUSE of Trump.
Yea, if you want to call putting us 16 trillion in debt a success. It was partly Trumps corporate tax cut that stimulated the economy.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Ok, Du, let's talk about those wonderful tariffs. WHO have they helped ? I can not think of one company, but I can show you at least 202 that have been damaged or ruined by them:

https://reason.com/2018/09/14/tariff-victims
USSteel actually turned a profit because of the tarriffs and is investing 1 billion dollars into their mon valley plant in Pittsburgh.

https://www.wtae.com/article/us-stee...works/27343441

Old 05-06-2019, 02:11 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
I like to characterize myself as a "lower-case libertarian" -- mistrustful of government interference in both economic and personal/expressionary issues. I register as a Libertarian in order to help keep that party on the ballot, but sometimes have to change back to Republican when I have to choose between open-minded and more tradition-bound candidates (usually linked to the Religious Right, but luckily, there aren't too many of them) in the GOP primary -- despite what MSNBC, CNN and the rest of the faux "liberal" media elite would lead us to believe.

And I can recall only two votes for Democratic candidates for Federal or State office in the past twenty years -- and one of those was a friend of my family. I believe in equality of opportunity, but not equality of outcomes; in equality before the law, but i will terminate any discourse quickly if the subjects of quotas or "reparations" are brought up. My point being, that many, if not most, within our supposedly-unbiased mass media and educational institutions, and almost all Democrats fail, often deliberately, to make this important distinction.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-06-2019 at 02:22 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 09:44 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
latest news is that the victims defected from north korea.

https://twitter.com/Anthony4America/...battery.com%2F

Old 05-09-2019, 02:17 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
You all need to face facts, this country is severely divided right now, and there is ugly behavior on both sides. I am not a violent person, but I have to admit that seeing someone wearing one of those stupid red hats is like them shoving our noses in it and them looking for a confrontation. I find them upsetting.

We've never seen this level of hatred and divide, and it is all because of one man, Donald J Trump. You never saw this much discord with Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc. Trump has fanned the flames and poured gasoline on them to make sure there is "his side" and then everyone else.

I can only hope the next guy/gal in this office is able to do things to get us back to normalcy in America. The current clown in office has been like a one man wrecking crew...…….and not in a good way.
Does it bother you when you see someone wearing this?

https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...90/7990017.jpg

I wonder what kind of reception you’d get wearing this in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies