U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Texas
34,968 posts, read 19,111,013 times
Reputation: 20550

Advertisements

Quote:
Aircraft carrier sent to Middle East after indications Iran planned attack on US forces
pull-EEZ!

We have carriers in the Persian Gulf pretty much all the time.

And Iranians have been "attacking" US forces through their proxies in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria for years.

Relax.

This has been business as usual for decades.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM
 
10,636 posts, read 6,025,723 times
Reputation: 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
pull-EEZ!

We have carriers in the Persian Gulf pretty much all the time.

And Iranians have been "attacking" US forces through their proxies in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria for years.

Relax.

This has been business as usual for decades.

Mueller is going to testify next week. Trump needs a diversion. That, too, is business as usual for this administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:11 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,003 posts, read 614,776 times
Reputation: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That is a lot of conspiracy theory stuff. Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, not Saudi Arabia. He merely used Saudi nationals to carry out his work.

I'm talking about things that are actual reality.
Where did ISIS get all of their funding from in the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars? Why does the Saudi government fork over billions for the construction of salafists mosques the world over? It doesn't take a genius to begin to tie the loose ends together.

Quote:
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and has been involved in terrorist attacks in Israel, Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries
If these is a conspiracy theory here, its what you wrote. BTW when did Iran attack Israel, Yemen or any other Middle Eastern country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
12,030 posts, read 12,370,318 times
Reputation: 18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I already have. Desert Storm. I was there. Were you? So I have earned the right to say what I want. You say what you want because of people like me.

So, I am all for taking out the mad mullahs in Iran.
You didn't have to earn that right, chuckles. If you are an American you were born with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
34,968 posts, read 19,111,013 times
Reputation: 20550
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Mueller is going to testify next week. Trump needs a diversion. That, too, is business as usual for this administration.
But you have to admit...

tRump provides us with more drama than anyone in the WH over the past 45 years.

His closing act should be a doozy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Long Island
32,599 posts, read 13,749,650 times
Reputation: 6910
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
The only reason someone would be upset about those actions is if they are an anti Semite....

We haven't backed the Saudis, we've sold then military hardware. What they do with it is up to them. And Yemen is a crap hole infested with islamic terrorists. Let them fight over there and leave us alone. Not my problem or concern.
The person I was responding to claimed Trump has done more to deescalate conflict in the ME, do any of those things sound like de-escalation. Trump is doing his best to promote a conflict so I guess that makes me an anti-Semite. Diplomacy and reasonable actions are the answer but that shop has sailed with this administration with the likes of Bolton calling the shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Long Island
32,599 posts, read 13,749,650 times
Reputation: 6910
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and has been involved in terrorist attacks in Israel, Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries. Hezbolla and Hamas are practically arms of the Iranian government.

They are extremely destabilizing in that region of the world.

The US may need to intervene at some point to help its allies. We havenít reached that point yet, but it may be inevitable.

Maybe Trump wonít do anything about the situation in Iran, but the next president probably will.
I don't see any of our allies assisting with Iran, remember China, Russia and several other European countries signed the deal. If we decide to go to war with Iran it would be on our own assuming our own congress would go along with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,003 posts, read 614,776 times
Reputation: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see any of our allies assisting with Iran, remember China, Russia and several other European countries signed the deal. If we decide to go to war with Iran it would be on our own assuming our own congress would go along with this.
I could see China or Russia entering the war on the side of Iran against America a year or two into the conflict. If not militarily at least China would break its economic ties with America. Why would they want America to control the most important piece of strategic territory not only in the Middle East, but on the planet. Also if America could control Iran it would give the US access to strike through Western China and southern Russia.

Not only that but our European allies would probably sever ties with us, leaving America alone and isolated with scores of enemies the world over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
12,030 posts, read 12,370,318 times
Reputation: 18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I could see China or Russia entering the war on the side of Iran against America a year or two into the conflict. If not militarily at least China would break its economic ties with America. Why would they want America to control the most important piece of strategic territory not only in the Middle East, but on the planet. Also if America could control Iran it would give the US access to strike through Western China and southern Russia.

Not only that but our European allies would probably sever ties with us, leaving America alone and isolated with scores of enemies the world over.
More likely Pakistan. If the US attacks Iran for Israel, it's very likely that Tel Aviv will catch a nuke. That's where the next world war will start. I doubt China would fight the US in Iran, but surely would use the the opportunity to expand its influence in the Far East and the South China Sea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 04:53 PM
 
14,446 posts, read 3,823,785 times
Reputation: 10591
More War coming from the Neo-Con Trump and Pompeo and Bolton. Bolton especially is looking for a few good wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top