Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 06:02 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'll bet not one of these people here bashing the USA as the aggrssor and defending Iran as the victim would willingly spend one week in Iran.
is this indicative of something other than your refusal to acknowledge the reality of the situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 06:11 AM

30,157 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Really blame it on Trump, President for only the last 2 years, what about the other 50 before that. Including Obama who bowed to the Saudi King.

Because Trump ran on being different and not repeating the same polices of the last 50 years. Yet his policies are about the same as Obama and Bush. Sabre rattle and kiss the Saudi's behind.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:24 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Because Trump ran on being different and not repeating the same polices of the last 50 years. Yet his policies are about the same as Obama and Bush. Sabre rattle and kiss the Saudi's behind.
I am amused why Saudi is being treated like some great power. If you remember before 1979 Iran had the same status with US/Israel.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:29 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Really blame it on Trump, President for only the last 2 years, what about the other 50 before that. Including Obama who bowed to the Saudi King. The simple fact is America runs on cheap oil for decades we have depended on a stable Saudi Arabia to provide that oil. That is finally starting to change as the u.s. becomes more oil independent but until we reach the point where Oil from the middle east becomes inconsequential keeping stability in Saudi Arabia is more important then virtually any other consideration. Then we can let the whole place burn.
The missing link there is that Europe needs to drop its politically correct opposition to nuclear fuel and fracking. If all of the civilized world made its own energy we could let them kill each other. And if they needle Israel we could let them finish off the job as well.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
I'll bet not one of these people here bashing the USA as the aggrssor and defending Iran as the victim would willingly spend one week in Iran.
I'd rather be a Christian in Iran than a Christian in Saudi Arabia...and I've been a Christian in Saudi Arabia.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
I would. Why not? I remember my first time in Russia. All the bullchit propaganda about the country fell to pieces.

Ignorance makes it easy for governments to lie to their people, to manipulate their minds.

You need to get some education.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:54 AM

30,157 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The missing link there is that Europe needs to drop its politically correct opposition to nuclear fuel and fracking. If all of the civilized world made its own energy we could let them kill each other. And if they needle Israel we could let them finish off the job as well.
What are you talking about there are 186 nuclear power plants in Europe, more than double what we have.

And shale gas deposits in Europe are not like here. Only France and Poland have decent deposits. Yes France banned it but its legal in Poland just not producing good results. The UK does fracking but again their deposits are not that big.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...able_shale_gas

Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'd rather be a Christian in Iran than a Christian in Saudi Arabia...and I've been a Christian in Saudi Arabia.
The late Anthony Bourdain did one of his shows in Iran. He met a lot of western leaning folks and obviously had a good time. Interesting country. Now Saudi Arabia on the other hand...

Old 05-17-2019, 07:29 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
France has the most number of nuke power plants, more muslims, and what not to debunk your propaganda.

Fracking is typically done in wastelands or where there are very less people. I am yet to hear fracking in full scale in California.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
wuh-oh..

Quote:
LONDON/OSLO (Reuters) - Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) are “highly likely” to have facilitated attacks last Sunday on four tankers including two Saudi ships off Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates, according to a Norwegian insurers’ report seen by Reuters.

The UAE, Saudi Arabia and Norway are investigating the attacks, which also hit a UAE- and a Norwegian-flagged vessel.

A confidential assessment issued this week by the Norwegian Shipowners’ Mutual War Risks Insurance Association (DNK) concluded that the attack was likely to have been carried out by a surface vessel operating close by that despatched underwater drones carrying 30-50 kg (65-110 lb) of high-grade explosives to detonate on impact.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-us...-idUKKCN1SN1OS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies