Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a 10 or 11 year old rape victim be forced to give birth?
Yes 0 0%
No 18 100.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 04:35 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Big government republicans telling ladies what to do with their bodies again.
Vast Right wing conspiracy and Russin collusion....Oh, wait, those are Hillary's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 04:41 PM

606 posts, read 354,780 times
The same people wanting to force her to have this child will be the first to call her a welfare queen in a few years when she will need public assistance for abolutely everything to raise this child (healthcare, subsidized daycare, housing assistance, etc.) And they will castigate her when she’s only capable of holding minimum wage jobs because she couldn’t focus on getting a proper education/ having a normal life due to raising a baby.

“If you want to do better, stop being lazy, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps!” they’ll say.

This is not even considering all the mental health issues mom and baby will most likely have due to the circumstances involved.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
bold in quote is mine.

Why do you feel that an adolescent (preteen or a young teen) pregnancy is not as physically dangerous to the mother as with an adult pregnancy? Sure, there is always risks with any pregnancy, but the risks significantly grow when the pregnant females are adolescents. Do you not think her doctor has the stats that prove adolescent pregnancies are far more dangerous to the pregnant adolescents life and well being? That her doctor won't use those stats to legally give her an abortion? If he doesn't then he isn't much of a doctor.

Why don't you and the others , who say she is being forced to carry the baby to term, write up a petition for not only the state in question but for all of the states that are rewriting these laws and demand that they allow all adolescents, who become pregnant by any means, the right to have an abortion because of the significant health risks due to their ages. I will not only sign it but I will ask people that I know, in real life and online, to not only sign it but to also pass it on to others to be signed. I am sure there are many in here who will do the same, whether they are pro-life or not. Or, is it just easier to sit at your keyboards and point a finger at us while telling us we are forcing her to carry it to term?when we aren't.
I don't even know what all of that is supposed to mean, now I'm suppose to write a petition and you have decided that the law really means that she can have an abortion because it's dangerous for an adolescent to be pregnant? And you are hardly in a position to talk about other people "sitting at keyboards"

Old 05-07-2019, 04:55 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
The same people wanting to force her to have this child will be the first to call her a welfare queen in a few years when she will need public assistance for abolutely everything to raise this child (healthcare, subsidized daycare, housing assistance, etc.) And they will castigate her when she’s only capable of holding minimum wage jobs because she couldn’t focus on getting a proper education/ having a normal life due to raising a baby.

“If you want to do better, stop being lazy, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps!” they’ll say.

This is not even considering all the mental health issues mom and baby will most likely have due to the circumstances involved.

You are right. If she seeks mental health counseling, she gets called a "snowflake," if she asks for financial aid, people resent having to "pay for other peoples' kids." If she has an abortion, she's a "murderer." This child is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. The monster who raped her has negatively altered her life in more ways than can be defined.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
You are right. If she seeks mental health counseling, she gets called a "snowflake," if she asks for financial aid, people resent having to "pay for other peoples' kids." If she has an abortion, she's a "murderer." This child is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. The monster who raped her has negatively altered her life in more ways than can be defined.
And the stupid, backward old men in Ohio are determined that make sure her suffering lasts a lifetime.

I'm amazed the usual suspects haven't been along to tell us she should have just kept her legs closed. That is always their go-to response no matter what the circumstances.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:41 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
The pelvic area of girls that young often isn't sufficiently developed to handle a healthy, problem-free pregnancy. Girls that age tend to experience tearing of internal tissues, that leads to a miserable condition called "fistula", in which the contents of her bladder leak out chronically. This can only be repaired surgically.

https://www.girlsnotbrides.org/fistu...-child-brides/

Old 05-07-2019, 06:46 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Would you put limits on what "maternal health issues" are?

Are there late term "maternal health issues" that need the baby to die rather than have a C-section?

So you oppose the NY laws that don't require a licensed physician to be involved for a late term abortion, rather just an abortion provider?
If it is necessary to deliver a baby for maternal reasons at any point in pregnancy every effort is made to save the baby if it is viable. The NY law prevents a physician from being charged with an illegal abortion if for any reason the baby does not survive delivery in the third trimester.

No one but a physician would do a late term abortion. The other practitioners do not have the necessary training and skills. NPs or PAs could do medical abortions in early pregnancy with physician backup.

Does anyone know how many weeks pregnant she is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The pelvic area of girls that young often isn't sufficiently developed to handle a healthy, problem-free pregnancy. Girls that age tend to experience tearing of internal tissues, that leads to a miserable condition called "fistula", in which the contents of her bladder leak out chronically. This can only be repaired surgically.

https://www.girlsnotbrides.org/fistu...-child-brides/
Here in the US she would have a Cesarean rather than the prolonged obstructed labor that results in a fistula, and if she does not have an abortion that is a very likely outcome.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:52 AM

8,231 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Yes, this sums it up. And even if she does the "right thing" and has the child the Christians/Conservatives will give her tongue lashings every chance they get telling her it was all her fault. Although, I have actually had Christians condemn me for not having had an abortion years ago because I had to go on welfare to take care of my baby (since employers refused to employ me). They went on about how it had been my choice to give birth, but these same people condemn those who have abortions. Can't win. They just like to condemn others.

I do not regret having my daughter. I am upset that I had not been informed about how rapists have parental rights so that I could take steps needed to protect myself from what came after I had her. Had I been informed of the truth I could have moved out of state to have her and not let my rapist know where I had gone at the very least. It may have saved me years of legal torture. Rape victims need to know things like this to protect themselves from future harm. I was denied any protection whatsoever.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:10 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm fine. No sane doctor is going to put their name to an opinion that an 11-year-old carrying a pregnancy to term isn't a threat to the 11-year-old's life. So, she already qualifies for a medically necessary abortion. Given that, you all are arguing nonsense. Complete nonsense.
Right? Talk to an actual OB/GYN. Speak with someone from ACOG. InformedConsent, you are arguing with idiots.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:10 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If it is necessary to deliver a baby for maternal reasons at any point in pregnancy every effort is made to save the baby if it is viable. The NY law prevents a physician from being charged with an illegal abortion if for any reason the baby does not survive delivery in the third trimester.
The question was really to understand a late term healthy baby scenario. We hear that there are times when a baby must be killed for the health of the mother. Sure there are times a pregnancy must be terminated, but what is a situation that requires an abortion as opposed to a c-section in late term maternal health reasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies