Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 01:31 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The NRA is a white man’s organization anyway. They’re set up to protect the gun rights of white folks. They don’t even bother to hide that fact.

So what if they have a racist leader or spokesman? Why would you expect anything else? African Americans should belong to African American gun rights organizations like the NAAGA. Black folks shouldn’t be consumed with what the NRA is doing or saying. When they refused to take a stand for Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, they were trying to tell you who and what they were. You should believe them.
You can't be serious

You must be racist to think minorities and "black folks" don't enjoy the protection of the 2a or are not capable to want yo be gun owners.

These might be worth watching.

This guy is righteous and awesome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwf3d7hP9g

This may surprise you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ByfwlPzcv_E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 03:13 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Amen, I am the Majority Man! Never said better.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:14 PM

623 posts, read 233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I hope that's not Carolyn Meadows. She is literally the chairman of the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, an organization that dynamited the nation's largest Confederate memorial into a mountainside, and whose "education center" is called Confederate Hall. An organization that blocked an MLK memorial as being "out of line with their vision", which I'm sure is quite true.
Are you seriously crying about a historical monument? Good lord....Stone Mountain is a beautiful place. Sorry (not really) but you and the rest of the American Taliban aren't going to destroy historical monuments because you don't like them.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:46 PM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Are you seriously crying about a historical monument?
Ah yes. Majestically stretching back across the centuries, whispering to us from the remote past, making us feel connected with those whose handiwork we admire, wondering what they thought so far back. Or in this case, what they thought in 1970. It's not exactly the Taj Mahal we're talking about.

If you take on a job with an institution whose landmark is carved in praise of the leadership of the Confederacy, yeah - I will feel free to draw my conclusions.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:06 PM

623 posts, read 233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah yes. Majestically stretching back across the centuries, whispering to us from the remote past, making us feel connected with those whose handiwork we admire, wondering what they thought so far back. Or in this case, what they thought in 1970. It's not exactly the Taj Mahal we're talking about.

If you take on a job with an institution whose landmark is carved in praise of the leadership of the Confederacy, yeah - I will feel free to draw my conclusions.
No one really cares if you whine about it. Truly we who live in the south don't care what a west coast yankee thinks about us or our history. Lol. It amuses us,truly it does. Its like watching our children throwing a fit because they didn't get their way.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:09 PM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
No one really cares if you whine about it.
Then I'd suggest you change your password, because it appears someone is using your account to post about it.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The NRA is funded by and represents its individual members unlike the huge Soros and Bloomberg backed groups like Act Blue, and huge public sector unions like SEIU and NEA. Look at the donations. NRA is insignificant, and doesn't even make the top 50.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?id=

Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Is the statement untrue? If McBath was indeed elected because she was black, how is that a racist statement? If her statement is untrue then I could see how it would be construed as racist.
Of course it's untrue.

I'm in McBath's district and I voted for her, not because she is black, but because I refuse to vote for any R as long as the head of that party is a disgusting lawless maniac.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Except for all the non whites that don’t agree you. Which is most of them and ALL the non white gun owners.
Whatever. We don’t trust the NRA, and for good reason.

That’s why we’re starting up our own organizations for firearms advocacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
You can't be serious

You must be racist to think minorities and "black folks" don't enjoy the protection of the 2a or are not capable to want yo be gun owners.

These might be worth watching.

This guy is righteous and awesome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwf3d7hP9g

This may surprise you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ByfwlPzcv_E
The second amendment doesn’t apply to African Americans. It never has. Ask Ronald Reagan.

The NRA doesn’t stand for African American’s Second Amendment Rights. You can argue all you want, but we don’t trust the NRA and we never will. That’s why African Americans are creating their own organizations.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I support the 2nd Amendment. I once was a member of the NRA. When they would call and call and call and send email after email begging for money I wanted nothing more to do with being a member.

When they refused to support Philandro Castile I realized it was something I couldn't support at all.

I believe there needs to be a group that defends our Constitutionally acknowledged rights. It is disappointing that the ACLU won't using the excuse that there is already a group that does that but that group is more concerned now with money and power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies