Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 01:56 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,292,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I thought businesses should be able to chose with whom they are working
/\ suicide by democracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 01:57 PM

6,006 posts, read 3,710,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Net neutrality has nothing to do with this.

I'm guessing you don't know what that means.
And I'm guessing you're not a very deep thinker are you? If you were you'd figure out how this has EVERYTHING to do with Net Neutrality.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The problem that we have now in the American workforce is that we have all of these college grads with gender study degrees and degrees on the sciences, African American studies and so forth. Again not here to bash. What happens is that such people with degrees like I mentioned, most notably women obtain jobs in human resources, writers, editors, created positions like diversity officer. If your social media accounts don't line up to thier own beliefs from college incdoctrine social justice 101. You can either kiss your job goodbye, or be rejected due to what you have posted on social media. This is nothing new. Government jobs search candidates social media for offensive and obscene postings which will become automatic disqualification, or suspension. Now private firms are doing such. Now you have gender study grads who work for banks and payment processors who are now eliminating the accounts of those who wrong think.
That's quite the narrative.

Kids today have grown up with social media and they have grown up with their social media image online.

I know my boys are 31, 29 and 22 and they have always been very very very selective of their social media content -- knowing that -- once online it is out there forever.

Back in the 90's we even talked (in our house) to be careful what screen names you choose for games because a silly name might be silly to you but offensive. One of my son's 8 year old kid had some 'Big Pimpin" screen name. White, conservative, religious family......weren't the parents paying attention.Seems silly but it's little things like that -- if the kids have grown up being aware of the internet and how folks can find things.....most are well protected.

Also the kids are really good at hiding what they don't want people to find. They know how to shut down their social media stuff.

And if they aren't smart enough, and if they are careless with what they put in -- they aren't the kind of people you want to hire anyways.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:06 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,550,277 times
Mine will be just as bad as my actual credit score.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:25 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,590,020 times
Not sure what to think of the Chinese system. I guess only time will tell...
But whenever I hear Facebook's Zuckerberg speak, he totally sounds like a lying criminal to me. Guys like him can be trusted even less than the Chinese government.

Last edited by Neuling; 05-06-2019 at 03:54 PM..

Old 05-06-2019, 02:44 PM

6,006 posts, read 3,710,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Not sure what to think of the Chinese system. I guess only time will tell...
But whenever I hear Facebook's Zuckerberg speak, he totally sounds like a lying criminal to me. Guys like him can't be trusted even less than the Chinese government.
But Zuckerberg is a private businessman running a private company. According to conservatives, only the government screws things up to the extent they should never be trusted. I thought letting private companies run everything was the only way to avoid such a scenario. You mean now it isn't??? Private companies are fallible too? Oh my!

Old 05-06-2019, 02:59 PM

23,746 posts, read 14,869,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
But Zuckerberg is a private businessman running a private company. According to conservatives, only the government screws things up to the extent they should never be trusted. I thought letting private companies run everything was the only way to avoid such a scenario. You mean now it isn't??? Private companies are fallible too? Oh my!

Long live free enterprise

Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM

45,017 posts, read 26,166,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Unlike govt and its schemes, Zuckerburger doesn't have a monopoly on social media platforms and he cant make you join his at gunpoint

Old 05-06-2019, 03:42 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,399,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I thought businesses should be able to chose with whom they are working
That went out the window with Mystic Pizza and Lakewood Bakery.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:42 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,086,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Dude. You need to step away from Infowars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies