Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you have the time to protest at an abortion clinic, you are angry.
That doesn’t even make sense...please just stop. BTW, praying does not equal protesting just so you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
That doesn’t even make sense...please just stop. BTW, praying does not equal protesting just so you know.
Praying at home isn't a protest, praying in front of the clinic is a protest.

You can play dumb if you want.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Praying at home isn't a protest, praying in front of the clinic is a protest.

You can play dumb if you want.
I think people are taking exception to you saying she was angry because she was protesting. She didn't act angry. She behaved rather calmly, given the verbal assault.

You don't have to be angry to protest - you just have to believe in a cause.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:04 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
If you have the time to protest at an abortion clinic, you are angry.
You are projecting.

MPowering said it best. You don’t have to be angry to protest - you just have to believe in a cause.

Some people are saddened by abortion and believe they are giving voice to the voiceless. This country embraces freedom of expression.

*edited to correct attribute.

Last edited by shadowne; 05-09-2019 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 06:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Even a spokesmouth for the PP clinic in question released a statement that, though women shouldn't be shamed or harassed for accessing their services, they don't condone Sim's "approach."

Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think people are taking exception to you saying she was angry because she was protesting. She didn't act angry. She behaved rather calmly, given the verbal assault.

the actual definition of anger/angry is

having a strong feeling of or showing annoyance, displeasure, or hostility

you dont not have to be belligerent to be angry

the very act of showing up there is anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are projecting.

MPowering said it best. You don’t have to be angry to protest - you just have to believe in a cause.

Some people are saddened by abortion and believe they are giving voice to the voiceless. This country embraces freedom of expression.

You absolutely have to be angry to protest. Again, google the definition of the word.

being poised, does not mean you arent angry, it means you show emotions differently.

Also, i dont care if you define it as projection. I stopped apolo

Old 05-09-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are projecting.

You absolutely have to be angry to protest. Again, google the definition of the word.

being poised, does not mean you arent angry, it means you show emotions differently.

Also, i dont care if you define it as projection. I stopped apologizing to religious people along time ago.

I have told the story of my sister, her pregnancy, health problems and so on before, she chose to carry my nephew to term, and he lived 6 months. If my sister had chose to have an abortion, and those women tried to play the morality card while I was there, id be in jail after curb stomping them.

I make no apologies. You are indeed a horrible person if you try to make one of the hardest decisions a person ever had to make, even harder.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:21 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times
So many people to tell off.
https://www.philly.com/news/brian-si...-20190510.html

Old 05-10-2019, 03:52 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Doubt it, he has been a fairly successful person compared to most willing to criticize on this site. Besides being a scholar with a law degree Brian was an All-American Div II College Football player. Was captain of his team and I believe the first college player to ever come out.

Also he does bring up a good point about the catholic church scandal and the clergy. Why no protesting of that?
Sims may look good on paper to some but there's no guarantee he doesn't have issues; exhibit A is the video of an unhinged Sims verbally abusing an ''old white lady'' and requesting a ''dox-ing'' on teenage girls. Sims comes across unhinged in this video; what was he thinking about posting this.

Besides having personal issues, his judgment should be questioned as well.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:17 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:

Also, i dont care if you define it as projection. I stopped apologizing to religious people along time ago.

I have told the story of my sister, her pregnancy, health problems and so on before, she chose to carry my nephew to term, and he lived 6 months. If my sister had chose to have an abortion, and those women tried to play the morality card while I was there, id be in jail after curb stomping them.

I make no apologies. You are indeed a horrible person if you try to make one of the hardest decisions a person ever had to make, even harder.
There you go. As I said earlier, you are projecting your own anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies