Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:03 PM

25,904 posts, read 24,618,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Criticizing Israeli policy in and of itself isn't anti-Semitic. Reliable supporters of Israel criticized BB's campaign rhetoric re annexation of the West Bank. Criticism of the settlement policy is not new and definitely isn't limited to anti-Semites or knee-jerk critics of Israel.

Omar constantly goes beyond criticism of policy. btw, has she ever said a bad word about Hamas, an openly proud anti-Semitic organization that oppresses the other anti-Semites who gave them control over the Sinai.
Palestinians are Semites as well, so I doubt they are proudly anti-Semitic. They hate Israel, yes. Who can blame them...
Omar is Muslim, right? In that case it is only natural she sides with the Palestinians. Hamas may be a bad leadership, but they might be the lesser evil from her perspective. And the result of the bigger evil.

Both Israel and the Palestinians urgently need new, better leaders replacing their fascist current ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 12:09 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,455,263 times
Quote:
Criticizing Israeli policy in and of itself isn't anti-Semitic. Reliable supporters of Israel criticized BB's campaign rhetoric re annexation of the West Bank. Criticism of the settlement policy is not new and definitely isn't limited to anti-Semites or knee-jerk critics of Israel.

Omar constantly goes beyond criticism of policy. btw, has she ever said a bad word about Hamas, an openly proud anti-Semitic organization that oppresses the other anti-Semites who gave them control over the Sinai.
And, unfortunately, we have Bernie Sanders - a Jewish progressive - defend her.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So, basically you got a problem with Jews that are not conservative and nationalist, but humanist and objective?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
So, basically you got a problem with Jews that are not conservative and nationalist, but humanist and objective?
I have a problem with Jews who are so beholden to progressivism that they not only tolerate, but defend, an obvious anti-Semite.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Palestinians are Semites as well, so I doubt they are proudly anti-Semitic. They hate Israel, yes. Who can blame them...
Omar is Muslim, right? In that case it is only natural she sides with the Palestinians. Hamas may be a bad leadership, but they might be the lesser evil from her perspective. And the result of the bigger evil.

Both Israel and the Palestinians urgently need new, better leaders replacing their fascist current ones.
Huh? You say she's Muslim, so it's only natural she sides with the Palestinians? That's certainly understanding of you. Would you then say it is only natural for Jews to side with the Israelis? Yet that's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing anti-Semites accuse Jews of having dual loyalties. Why don't liberals call out Mulsims for their dual loyalties?

P.S. Calling Hamas "bad leadership" is an understatement. It's a terrorist organization that kills its own people for propoganda purposes.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:55 PM

Maybe he just doesn't agree with your view that she is anti-Semitic. Has she said something like that she hates Jews?
Just because many Jews in Israel happen to be bad people (which is no surprise when they are the vast majority in that rogue country), does not mean Jews are bad people, just because most Israelis happen to be Jews. If Israelis were Hindus, I would have exactly the same problem with Israel.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:30 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,589,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
No, not really. It was a very straight forward and direct question, nothing tricky.

That you are unwilling to answer it is telling. Your cover is blown.
If you were half as clever as you seem to think, you'd realize that creating a false dichotomy is not asking "a very straight forward and direct question".

You seem to think of yourself as a wise, insightful person, and most of your posts seem to presume that this will somehow carry the argument for you, that all you have to do is say something clever and the matter is ended. You overestimate your rhetorical gifts. You're going to have to learn how to construct an actual argument at some point; I don't know if I've seen you actually attempt that yet.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,422,730 times
Cause she e isnt antiSemetic.

She s anti corruption.

As are aII well raised young. people today.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,474,264 times
Quote:
Palestinians are Semites as well, so I doubt they are proudly anti-Semitic. They hate Israel, yes. Who can blame them... Omar is Muslim, right? In that case it is only natural she sides with the Palestinians. Hamas may be a bad leadership, but they might be the lesser evil from her perspective. And the result of the bigger evil.

I was about to respond to your first paragraph, but once you refer to the Israeli leadership as fascist, I know you're not interested in sensible discussion.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I was about to respond to your first paragraph, but once you refer to the Israeli leadership as fascist, I know you're not interested in sensible discussion.
They are what they are, I don't feel obliged to use other terms just because it is Israel. No Holocaust bonus from me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies